Page 36 of 105 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Still serving up leftovers
    Soft turns eh?

IT'S SNOWING!!!!

Any time my area is predicted to get 12" +, it's going to be good. Also means I will most likely be stuck with wind, blowing snow and road closures. Oh well.

Go get it and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    IT'S SNOWING!!!!

Any time my area is predicted to get 12" +, it's going to be good. Also means I will most likely be stuck with wind, blowing snow and road closures. Oh well.

Go get it and enjoy!
    No kidding. The way this storm is coming in it usually favors the pass and village. We’ll see what happens but either way the next 4 days look solid.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Rat Na special at Chiang Mai is off the freakin' hook. They usually use ground pork, i've been going chicken. Amazing sauce.

The last set of the last Targhee Bluegrass, Greensky Sunday afternoon, is streaming on their FB/YouTube channels tonight at 7. Pickin' on a powder night!

Something about the wrinkle in your forehead tells me there's a fit about to get thrown
    And I never hear a single word you say when you tell me not to have my fun
    It's the same old shit that I ain't gonna take off anyone.
    and I never had a shortage of people tryin' to warn me about the dangers I pose to myself.

Patterson Hood of the DBT's

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    The Rat Na special at Chiang Mai is off the freakin' hook. They usually use ground pork, i've been going chicken. Amazing sauce.

The last set of the last Targhee Bluegrass, Greensky Sunday afternoon, is streaming on their FB/YouTube channels tonight at 7. Pickin' on a powder night!

Yo bro, where ya been?

Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    So good, their pork belly app is to die for as well! Hope you're well amigo.

Heads up team. Strong winds from the south and east created some touchy wind slab in places that we aren't used to seeing it.

Edited to add Glory wind station link:
    https://mesowest.utah.edu/cgi-bin/dr....cgi?stn=MGSWY

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by homemadesalsa; 01-27-2021 at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Heads up team. Strong winds from the south and east created some touchy wind slab in places that we aren't used to seeing it.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Lots of Surface Hoar on N facing won't help either.

Interesting... skied all afternoon OB at the village and it was absolute blower. Did seem to get some S and E winds at EOD. Tomorrow should be OKayyyy....

Wow, Today's snow quality was the best of the year.
    Top notch, Top Notch!

A 6:45 am arrival got me onto the tail end of the 2nd tram car. Dammitall...

Mags galore in line, Thefortrees and family 2 people behind me, Pfluffenmeister was another 15 behind them and then ski220 and his crew were about another 30 back.
    Representing the PNW, the CO Front Range and some EC/NE guys.

I would have enjoyed skiing with all of youse but it was not in the cards.

Made a tower 4 decision to roll my game and spun out of car 2 first and was rolling across the bowl in about 37 nanoseconds.
    Heading for the far drift and my old favorite 3/4 trees pulled me into their tangled fall line. Oh yeah, about that snow...

12" overnight with another 3 falling while in line. Blower 8% pretty much top down and very little wind loading.
    The bowl was smooth with little 6" whipped topping swirls about every 40 square yards. Beautiful and kinda different; usually the wind knocks those up or down.

I warned the mags to beware of the firm bottom and sure enough it was there even in the deep. soooo liiiight, damn.
    After a stunning 35 turns down the bowl, I pressed on to the Lower Cheyenne rock pile and had to take an alternate as 2 fucking schoolers got to my line first...Hey Focker!!!

This snow was just choker town. Face shotting it at almost every turn.

A learned skill, coordinating breaths between turns so as not to inhale a mouth full, became an obvious necessity today. That will require stopping, panicking and digging it out before another turn.

Rocking into the line and mag lindenle was standing there and we rode up, deciding to go straight out the low gate and had bootoop to kneedeep turns with splashes over the shoulders about every 5th turn. No shit.
    Our boarder bro pointed the last 40 yards to me and as he rolled past and turned, The absolutely solid white blanket of snow flowed over his shoulder like a wave, a veritable 8" duvet of snuggly white silk.
    Scooting right before my eyes and all I could see was his head.
    It was an oddly sublime moment.

Maybe the best RS of the year, we just kept flowing in the firsties untracked now, as we'd passed any guides/clients.
    Including the group we skied right past as the guide held the gate open for them, ha. He was cool and we showed him respect and thanks, with a reciprocation. Great vibe, very Pro.
    Glanced at the rock I hit a few days ago as I kept shooting thru the shindeep waves and rockpiles...ahh, whatevs. Gots me a new blue tattoo on my ass tho.

After coming out of our stupor, we skied out over some beauty lower Hoback bumps about 10-15" deep. Big ass bumps too, nice to roll over into a 4' deep trough with a footy of sloughageawea.

A quick ski down thru the upper village, making slalom turns down McCollister drive and deciding to do that again, put us back in Tram line.
    Another lap, with slight variations provided an almost equally flawless run.

During a sesh at the out from the hobacks we saw a loaded sled and 3 trollers bringing someone out. That musta been a hella ride.
    Then a dude was sprawled out by the sign on the cattrack, a guide and peeps were helping him. He got crushed not making the transition to the cattrack and crunched his ribs, I overheard.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    So Lindenle and I were a 2 and done kinda team; We won today, my friend.

And that's why I get up and go stand in line for hours in the cold, snowy darkness...I love it.

Nice! I do like far drift

"So Lindenle and I were a 2 and done kinda team; We won today, my friend."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1200px-Cheshire_Cat_KHREC.png 
Views:	97 
Size:	735.8 KB 
ID:	360218
    How I have been feeling all afternoon. I would even argue the variations proved even better on the second lap.

Can't wait to do it again with all you mags.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Ski ya tomorry then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

FYI - Teton pass closes tonight at 8pm for avy control. Get home safe...

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    I observed some notable sluffs running distances I don't usually see in the Tetons on N/NE aspects the past 2 days.

Hope everybody had fun! Took this of one of my buddies. TBH I'm not sure which one it is.

Name:	7F5A2353.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	360239

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Top notch, Top Notch!

Mags galore in line, Thefortrees and family 2 people behind me, Pfluffenmeister was another 15 behind them and then ski220 and his crew were about another 30 back.

Made a tower 4 decision to roll my game and spun out of car 2 first and was rolling across the bowl in about 37 nanoseconds.
    Heading for the far drift and my old favorite 3/4 trees pulled me into their tangled fall line. Oh yeah, about that snow...

12" overnight with another 3 falling while in line. Blower 8% pretty much top down and very little wind loading.
    The bowl was smooth with little 6" whipped topping swirls about every 40 square yards. Beautiful and kinda different; usually the wind knocks those up or down.

I warned the mags to beware of the firm bottom and sure enough it was there even in the deep. soooo liiiight, damn.
    After a stunning 35 turns down the bowl, I pressed on to the Lower Cheyenne rock pile and had to take an alternate as 2 fucking schoolers got to my line first...Hey Focker!!!

A learned skill, coordinating breaths between turns so as not to inhale a mouth full, became an obvious necessity today. That will require stopping, panicking and digging it out before another turn.

Rocking into the line and mag lindenle was standing there and we rode up, deciding to go straight out the low gate and had bootoop to kneedeep turns with splashes over the shoulders about every 5th turn. No shit.
    Our boarder bro pointed the last 40 yards to me and as he rolled past and turned, The absolutely solid white blanket of snow flowed over his shoulder like a wave, a veritable 8" duvet of snuggly white silk.

Maybe the best RS of the year, we just kept flowing in the firsties untracked now, as we'd passed any guides/clients.
    Including the group we skied right past as the guide held the gate open for them, ha. He was cool and we showed him respect and thanks, with a reciprocation. Great vibe, very Pro.
    Glanced at the rock I hit a few days ago as I kept shooting thru the shindeep waves and rockpiles...ahh, whatevs. Gots me a new blue tattoo on my ass tho.

After coming out of our stupor, we skied out over some beauty lower Hoback bumps about 10-15" deep. Big ass bumps too, nice to roll over into a 4' deep trough with a footy of sloughageawea.

A quick ski down thru the upper village, making slalom turns down McCollister drive and deciding to do that again, put us back in Tram line.

During a sesh at the out from the hobacks we saw a loaded sled and 3 trollers bringing someone out. That musta been a hella ride.
    Then a dude was sprawled out by the sign on the cattrack, a guide and peeps were helping him. He got crushed not making the transition to the cattrack and crunched his ribs, I overheard.

And that's why I get up and go stand in line for hours in the cold, snowy darkness...I love it.
    Sounds like the new dawn patrol is getting in the tram line before sunrise, sounds like it was worth it though. We only got a couple of inches here on the west side northern end.

A lot of snow went in my face this morning. Mrs. Suit kept disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Top notch, Top Notch!

Thank you for this, Dj -

' brought a tear to my eye...

Thank you... tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Djongo Poetry...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Dj isn’t lying... one of my best days at the village. True bell to bell kind of day. 3rd box after a 645 arrival. Last RS lap starting from sublette at 345 or so. Choking on snow all day... knee deep turns billowing up and over our shoulders on the last lap. Epic day!!!

Name:	IMG_0537.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	188.7 KB 
ID:	360246

Yes!!! Love the Djongo stoke Sounds like a great day!! Hope to ski with ya again soon! In SLC now

First full day back, and what a day what a day to come back to. Holy shit. It was good.

Skiing-in-Jackson would have just posted:
    Pow day!
    And it was. We kept commenting that it was Hokkaido-like
    skid luxury

What is crazy is how skunked Targhee got, but someone called that earlier in the thread...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

DJ, I love your stoke man!! I lurk in this thread daily to read the updates. Had to chime in today because that just sounds magical!!

Enjoy the cycle JH mags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    What is crazy is how skunked Targhee got, but someone called that earlier in the thread...
    SW flow and the Winter Storm Advisory/warning kiss of death = no bueno for the ghee.