Page 102 of 105 FirstFirst ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2624
    On the topic of 22, what is that new road cut on the Victor side? Bike path?
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Yes, to connect to the old pass road at some point, coal creek?

Yes, it’s the beginning phase of a bike path that will go to the top of the Pass. Will cross at trail creek, and go from there on the south side. Probably a 4-8 year project, in all reality.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Been off the bike for like a month other than that one ride up hoback with rideit a few weeks ago.

Going a bit stir crazy. For those of you that have lived round these parts for awhile, what do you think trail conditions will be like tomorrow? Would love to make it out for some pass laps but understand that’s probably a pipe dream

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1633795641.622361.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	680.6 KB 
ID:	388366

Nope, not a possibility.
    Best bet is 7th North.

In better news, though…

https://buckrail.com/snapped-jhmr-tr...on-the-cables/

I'm looking for a one bedroom place somewhere around these parts for winter, hoping for less than 1500 a month, anyone know anything I'm sure some dude on the internet will be the last person youd tell but just the same hit me up if you friends and family are all taken care of housing wise somehow.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Been off the bike for like a month other than that one ride up hoback with rideit a few weeks ago.

Going a bit stir crazy. For those of you that have lived round these parts for awhile, what do you think trail conditions will be like tomorrow? Would love to make it out for some pass laps but understand that’s probably a pipe dream
    It's looking like ride when it's frozen season.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I'm looking for a one bedroom place somewhere around these parts for winter, hoping for less than 1500 a month, anyone know anything I'm sure some dude on the internet will be the last person youd tell but just the same hit me up if you friends and family are all taken care of housing wise somehow.
    Should be able to find something in Rexburg on that budget.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

As a plus, there’s a hell of a lot more single women in Rexburg, and some even believe in doomsday sex cults. Win.

Don’t forget easy access to 1-15 to cruise down to Utardia.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I wanted to say something sarcastic, but then I just saw this. LT lease though.
    but I can’t believe this exists
    it must be a ploy or a scheme of some sorts

Name:	IMG_3816.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	388719
    skid luxury

IF this AM

Name:	Image1634054063.232080.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	728.3 KB 
ID:	388721

Name:	Image1634054199.652785.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	871.4 KB 
ID:	388722

Name:	Image1634054279.650893.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	857.2 KB 
ID:	388723

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Gee, who couldn’t have seen that coming, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Dont let the door hit ya in the ass KW, completely ruined my home town.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Just curious, how is Cody ruined by Kanye over-paying for a ranch there, and now is bugging out?

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Just curious, how is Cody ruined by Kanye over-paying for a ranch there, and now is bugging out?
    It totally changed the clientele/tourism of the town. Cody has been a tourist town forever but the recent crowds have been more interested in seeing a glimpse of the Kanye, Kim entourage than coming to enjoy what the town has to offer. As far as WAY over paying for a ranch there, I would think you can already imagine what that has done to the real estate values. I hope his bugging out will bring things back to a more normal pandemonium. As someone who live in Jackson you are probably more used to the chaos of the hollywood crowd, us in the outer reaches of the Cowboy state, not so much.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Got it, makes sense. Luckily we actually have very, very few celebrities here compared to Aspen, Hawaii, and other places. I can really only think of Harrison Ford and now Nikki Sixx, TBH. If they are here, they keep a loooow profile.

Judge Judy, Sandra Bullock? There are lots of em, they just stay in their mega homes and send other people shopping for them.

DJ and others who know better than me, the mountain is now reporting 16" for the season. I know they have been starting the meter in the fall in recent years, had this always been the practice in the way back too?

This is to say have we had season total inflation?

I don't know what year it started. Comey and the guys who run BTAC compile all the data from the wx stations on the hill and JHMR marketing just uses that for their snow report. They'll also bounce back and forth from the Raymer and Bowl plot, reporting whichever was higher for the daily snow report.

SUCH BULLSHIT! We don't need any more dentists from Chicago thinking we get any more snow than we actually do. I'm not aware of any other resort that reports totals this way. It's pure marketing fluff and is bogus.
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

the counting every millimeter in the past several years is annoying here too.
    It makes the data look suspect and they don't even need to do it.
    the mtn can stand on its own without the weird ~10% inflation it gives
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Judge Judy, Sandra Bullock? There are lots of em, they just stay in their mega homes and send other people shopping for them.
    Haven’t actually heard of any sightings of them in over 10 years…surely they have to go out in public to enjoy what’s here?

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    DJ and others who know better than me, the mountain is now reporting 16" for the season. I know they have been starting the meter in the fall in recent years, had this always been the practice in the way back too?

This is to say have we had season total inflation?
    As mentioned, the numbers are taken from the upper mtn. plots, RVB and Raymer. Raymer data began in 1998? after the ganjala went in.
    Generally they're not far apart on any given day but occasionally it's a noticeable difference.
    The irritation comes when they take whichever is greater, which appears somewhat dishonest.
    I'm not sure when they began reporting at the first snowfall. The BTAC graphs show very few recorded measurements prior to 1997.
    That makes me think that historically it wasn't added into the season total until after Raymer came online.

To look at the numbers go to B-T avalanche center, click on Data center, then snowpack summaries, then historical data tables.
    Jockey the dates and categories, check out snowfall for december 1996...
    Lots to see.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Haven’t actually heard of any sightings of them in over 10 years…surely they have to go out in public to enjoy what’s here?
    If this town is full of celebrities, they almost never come out. It doesn't take long for a 'sighting' to make the gossip rounds.
    Worked at Sandra Bullocks house many years ago but never heard of her spending any real time here.
    In about 1995 Arnold S. and Maria Shriver insisted on going to the head of the line at Bubba's for dinner. They were told No.

I met and talked with H. Ford a coupla times but he keeps a low profile. He tho is here a lot. Many friends have worked for him and say he's an ace to be around.

Weird hearing his voice talking to you, we discussed Heli-camping in Montana once.
    I was like, Yeah, I've camped all over that state, where ya going? He says 'you've never been where we're going'.

I suspect most celebs are not enamored of the general local disdain for popularity metrics.
    Millionaires, prolly hundred of them, Billionaires, maybe a coupla dozen.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Ski swap THIS weekend, who's going?
    About 2 weeks earlier than normal...

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    I don't know what year it started. Comey and the guys who run BTAC compile all the data from the wx stations on the hill and JHMR marketing just uses that for their snow report. They'll also bounce back and forth from the Raymer and Bowl plot, reporting whichever was higher for the daily snow report.

SUCH BULLSHIT! We don't need any more dentists from Chicago thinking we get any more snow than we actually do. I'm not aware of any other resort that reports totals this way. It's pure marketing fluff and is bogus.
    It’s kinda funny that your last word in the post is “bogus”. The two areas that I ski are Bogus Basin and JH. And here in Boise we do have the opposite “problem” that you have in Jhole. They only report the daily totals from the base and not the upper or mid mountain. So some of the best days are when storms come in from the N or NW and the snow gets way under reported!
    As to the season totals that Koko referred to, I’m pretty certain that as long as the resort is basing their season numbers on the Snotel data the standard is October 1. The Snotels are lined up with the water year, which is October 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    Judge Judy's my neighbor. Super duper low profile / low impact.