Page 13 of 105 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Attachment 350881 ...

Carry no weight here and their theories are bunk.
    Amen. Also anyone got one of those kicking around they'd part with?

I didn't read the whole thread, but the intro post was a joy...
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

JFC, you guys can quit with all the doomsayin'. Fucking seriously. Take the magic 8 balls elsewhere.

Months ago I said the real issue is workers. Word on the snow is that tram ops is already having issues with the covidz.

Otherwise, it's business as usual until the crowds show up. People are being nothing but well behaved at the moment. I realize that'll change.
    But speculating on what's gonna happen in western Wyoming is a waste of time.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks SheRa, appreciate the kind words re: the intro. Your reputation precedes you.
    Glad to have you in the Jh zone and encourage the input. We gots us a BabyBear keeping the mega-testosterone in check, 2bJenny and xtine holding the fort...

Snapt, I'll wrangle you a sticker asap, will holla when...

Folks drove over for a day assault of the Jhole. Skied way better than was expecting. Crowds were not an issues. Took me back to my east coast roots with skiing under working snow guns. Worth the 52 bucks on the golden ticket. Enjoy and for your sake I hope they limit the people on the hill, because you get some intense crowds and agro folks.

Thanks SheRa, appreciate the kind words re: the intro. Your reputation precedes you.
    Glad to have you in the Jh zone and encourage the input. We gots us a BabyBear keeping the mega-testosterone in check, 2bJenny and xtine holding the fort...
    Thanks! My expectation for JH threads is pics of eXXXtreme stoke. Extra points for girls hucking.

As for my reputation, that is all in the past. I'm just another old fart banging around the mountain. At least I will spend this entire winter on big fat skis instead of front side teaching gear. So I got that going for me. But I'm here to vicariously ooh and aah over the shenanigans of the next gen.
    Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.
    Henry David Thoreau

Had me some cabin fever yesterday, so I drove over the hill and went for a tour (walk) on the pass. Definitely need snow but it was good to get out. Sorry no pictures it was to cold to take my gloves off. I am far frim ski shape this year.

WOW! a Shera re-appearance!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Good to see ya back Shera!

Jonesin to get back home and on skis. Caring for family in the Midwest. (I won’t bring more covid back. Totally isolated in a house and sleeping in my truck on the way home)

I doubt the village will close for the season unless they can’t operate safely from a control standpoint. The way things are going I’d bet on lift closures if staffing becomes an issue but doubtful they will fold for the season after the holidays.

I listened to almost all of that town mtg. The takeaway for skiers is the hospital will have to close the clinic at the village if we keep up the not so good work. They would still be able to use abundance services though. Other than that sentiment was focused on keeping business open of possible. Bars, restaurants and gyms were obviously in question.

The state is not likely to sign off on a major stay at home order for the county and although there was talk of an attempt at limiting gatherings. Not sure if that would affect resorts.

I might hedge my 10day village pass with a King family pass though...just in case. If they close down I’ll buy the family pass for the Teton pass resort.

Saw in the blotter JHMR trespassed some belligerent anti-masker. Also, on the hill today and heard they're pulling passes of skiers not wearing masks.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Saw in the blotter JHMR trespassed some belligerent anti-masker. Also, on the hill today and heard they're pulling passes of skiers not wearing masks.
    Is this about the time that shit gets real?
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Good.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

We're not gonna take it...

you preferred Twisted Sister?

Sounds like our tourism and health officials are seriously considering testing arriving guests or requiring neg test affidavit upon arrival, similar to what Pitkin Co is implementing.
    https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/...9-test/250000/
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/pitk...area-visitors/

Well there went my day - middle Werner at a pretty good clip. Thanks to ski patrol for the loaner ski!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D3756096-2A2B-468A-B63F-5CF387B72458.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	718.6 KB 
ID:	351024

Quote Originally Posted by mangle View Post
    Well there went my day - middle Werner at a pretty good clip. Thanks to ski patrol for the loaner ski!

Have you tried aquaseal?

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

How far did you slide?

Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    Have you tried aquaseal?
    JB Weld!

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    How far did you slide?
    You know the roller you come over to the left of the trees after the first pitch on Werner? Came forward out of the ski right at the roll over and ended up on the cat track below. Whoops.

JB Weld!

You know the roller you come over to the left of the trees after the first pitch on Werner? Came forward out of the ski right at the roll over and ended up on the cat track below. Whoops.

Ouch! Dang dude...
    It's flattish beside the tree island on your right but it tips over and takes off to the cattrack for sure. I bet you were moving at a decent clip before stopping. Loaner skis fucking rule.

Do ya need a new heel piece? i gots a look heel or two hanging around. Pm me to connect...

mangle's username now checks out.

I like this idea of testing more as people enter the county- not foolproof but I think reduces the risk

and let's not forget homemadesalsa keeping it dialed on the ID side (or both)
    we have a lot of fun so hope to have the pleasure of skiing with you next time you visit (Djongo is the tour guide extraordinaire- you just have to like getting up early )

damn mangle! glad you are ok
    is the gondi still closed? Is that just a weekday thing?
    saw thunder and sublette are opening Saturday. F**k yeah! the coverage is pretty decent for this time of year. even snow king is in decent shape
    skid luxury

Positive vibes on the family care Schwerty
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

I heard a rumor thatThunder opened today?

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Sounds like our tourism and health officials are seriously considering testing arriving guests or requiring neg test affidavit upon arrival, similar to what Pitkin Co is implementing.
    https://theknow.denverpost.com/2020/...9-test/250000/
    https://www.aspentimes.com/news/pitk...area-visitors/
    Sounds like?

Source connecting us to them?
    Less people coming in this season is a given. I'm down for all types of impedimentia though.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Apologies to HMS, where was my head?
    Well, that's kind of a given. Hazy shade of purple.
    I see her in kind of a parallel universe, purveyor of the westslope southcentral Tetons. A pioneer of the pow, if you will. A feminine Bombadil...
    Name:  bombadil.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  13.8 KB

Sounds like?

I see her in kind of a parallel universe, purveyor of the westslope southcentral Tetons. A pioneer of the pow, if you will. A feminine Bombadil...
    Name:  bombadil.jpg
Views: 835
Size:  13.8 KB
    Sorry HMS, this image is gonna be in my head every time you ride by the house with Lucky dog while I'm working. And Djongo, this should win some kind of award as your best wordsmithing yet.

I’ll never look at HMS’ beard the same way again.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I’ll never look at HMS’ beard the same way again.
    I LOLed