Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by old_newguy View Post
    Some of us can see the difference between outfitting SOF with a government contract versus taking money from people who align themselves with the likes of Marjorie Taylor Greene. I don’t know, maybe the Seals will come out in support of MTG and they will have to reevaluate.

I’m laughing at the “corporate virtue signaling” criticism of Patagonia. Have any of you opened a catalog or received a email ad from them in the last 20 years (or longer?). They are a very politically active company and they wear it on their sleeve.

It’s not new.
    No shit, eh? Jeezus, Patagonia has acted this way from the beginning. Yvon could give two fucks about selling to anyone. I remember when he walked out on EMS because they were being shitheads.

This constant "virtue signaling" and "woke" from the right has become comical. They seem to think that it is their way of saying they're right and the other side is wrong. Anyone using those words today has zero credibility. They're just blowhards.

Settle down with the polyass, it is just Patagucci trying to sell more coats.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Settle down with the polyass, it is just Patagucci trying to sell more coats.
    Exactly, this play is right out of their corporate brand. They are like the epitome of a “woke” company.

I used to look forward to the Patagonia catalogs and the great photos. I don't even open them anymore. Too much preaching. I still buy the stuff though, on occasion.

I've been sporting a Patagucci Das parka for the better part of 15 seasons. I swear by it on all but the warmest ski days.
    Primaloft gold, FTW.

I haven't been to Chouinard's place out on the flats for a long time, but I don't remember it being a mansion. Not that he couldn't swing it now, obv.

And he started as a dirtbag, so some credit there.

I had some photos up for consideration for the catalogs back in the mid 90's, skiing on Beartooth. No luck tho.

Hiking in GTNP with a route book showing his ascents, will blow your mind. Some of the stuff those guys used to pull was amazing and is still rarely touched.

(Teton Village, Wyo. — August 19, 2021) — With fall approaching in the Tetons, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort (JHMR) announces Winter 2021-22 operations tailored to enhance the guest experience while keeping health and safety a priority. JHMR will welcome guests back for another great season, offering 137 days of skiing and riding, with winter operations commencing November 25, 2021, through season close on April 10, 2022. JHMR is currently planning to operate all lifts at full loading capacity (including the Aerial Tram), limit daily capacity and offer early loads on select base area lifts to help skiers and riders get on the mountain earlier. JHMR is prepared to modify operation plans as required by any forthcoming health orders.
    JHMR President Mary Kate Buckley stated, “When we created our plan to operate the resort this season, our assumption was that COVID-19 would be well under control due to widespread access to vaccines and we would return to operating under more normal conditions. Our current plan is to operate all lifts at full loading capacity, including the Aerial Tram.”

“We plan to continue with innovations introduced last season to manage our guest experience, including limiting daily capacity, requiring reservations for multi-resort pass products and offering early loads on select base area lifts to help skiers and riders get up on the mountain earlier,” Buckley continued. “We recognize the potential that this winter’s operations may be impacted by COVID-19. We developed a playbook last season that modified our operations and enabled us to stay open the full 137 days, affording our guests a premier skiing experience. We will stay nimble and adapt to the changing situation and will communicate any changes to our plans in response to health orders.”
    Buckley noted, “Because of continued uncertainties surrounding the upcoming season and to help mitigate any buyer anxieties, we are offering full refunds for any JHMR passes purchased, less an administrative fee.”
    “Our hope, goals and plans are for normalcy, but we will relieve our guests of the risk of that uncertainty,” reassured Buckley.

Elevating the Guest Experience
    JHMR is implementing new lift ticket purchasing procedures, personalized guest service enhancements and user-friendly technology innovations across its operation. To reduce crowding, JHMR will manage daily mountain capacity throughout the season and strongly recommends day ticket purchasers to buy online in advance. JHMR passholders will NOT be required to make a reservation and can ski or ride on the days as indicated on the pass type purchased.

Day Tickets and Advance Purchasing
    Starting September 7, 2021, guests can review pricing, check availability and purchase day or afternoon tickets online at jacksonhole.com. Guests are incentivized to purchase online before their visit with a 10% discount on purchases made 14 days or more prior to their visit and a 5% discount for purchases made within 7-14 days. Purchasing in advance also allows for pre-arrival ticket fulfillment, mailing and lodge delivery with the added convenience of direct-to-lift access. To accommodate our guests, JHMR will continue an afternoon ticket start time of noon. If capacity limits are met for a specific day, tickets will no longer be available for purchase.

Reservations for Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective
    JHMR is requiring reservations for Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective passholders. Ikon Pass holders intending to visit JHMR can begin making reservations on Thursday, October 21, 2021, on ikonpass.com. Mountain Collective passholders may begin making reservations on Thursday, October 21, 2021, on jacksonhole.com. Ikon Pass and Mountain Collective passholders with proof of an area lodging reservation or flight booking made prior to Thursday, October 21, 2021, will be able to make a reservation.

COVID Safety Protocols and Season Pass Refund Option
    With the ongoing uncertainty surrounding COVID-19 and variants, JHMR is offering passholders the opportunity to receive a full refund, less an administrative fee, on their 2021-22 JHMR season pass purchase up to November 15, 2021. For more details, go to jacksonhole.com.

JHMR is continuing to monitor the evolving health and safety guidance and recommendations from local, state, and federal officials and may adopt additional operational protocols to ensure guest and employee safety.

So full trams and that’s it? Ok.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5042.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	382866

More steep stable pow. Less BS

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Looks like JHMR will be only IKON resort that will still require reservations this year.

So, back to the Kemmerers, does anyone understand this dude’s sign?
    “Purging”?
    https://buckrail.com/fallout-at-jhmr...ht-fundraiser/
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Looks like JHMR will be only IKON resort that will still require reservations this year.
    I gotta stay on top of this and figure it out. I'm coming around New Years, and don't want to cancel because I can't get a reservation. How do I get this done sooner than later, so I can relax this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I've been sporting a Patagucci Das parka for the better part of 15 seasons. I swear by it on all but the warmest ski days.
    Primaloft gold, FTW.

I haven't been to Chouinard's place out on the flats for a long time, but I don't remember it being a mansion. Not that he couldn't swing it now, obv.

And he started as a dirtbag, so some credit there.

I had some photos up for consideration for the catalogs back in the mid 90's, skiing on Beartooth. No luck tho.

Hiking in GTNP with a route book showing his ascents, will blow your mind. Some of the stuff those guys used to pull was amazing and is still rarely touched.

Diener got a photo of Fig and I putting in the traverse over the No Name Cliffs that became a two page spread in the 2006 winter catalog. That catalog was focused on Jackson.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

I blame you AND Rob Story!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    So, back to the Kemmerers, does anyone understand this dude’s sign?
    “Purging”?
    https://buckrail.com/fallout-at-jhmr...ht-fundraiser/
    might have to do with their attempts to purge voter rolls?
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I blame you AND Rob Story!
    I've definitely wondered about how much of the hype train has blown the place up.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    I gotta stay on top of this and figure it out. I'm coming around New Years, and don't want to cancel because I can't get a reservation. How do I get this done sooner than later, so I can relax this fall.
    PM Rontele, he should know the code for early reservations.

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    I've definitely wondered about how much of the hype train has blown the place up.
    If by blown up, you mean explosives? Not at all

The mountain has physically changed (under kemerrer) to pussify the good shit, to make it more asspen CO

All the gnar movies brought the gnar guys. Now it’s asspen not extreme.

Years ago the hop from SLC to JAC was an embraer turbo prop. A small sausage filled with sausages. Maybe 5% women. Not to say women don’t ski. But decades ago jh was all gnar and testosterone. Even after the Tgr and other promos.

The marketing destruction is more on the resort than any movies.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    PM Rontele, he should know the code for early reservations.
    Dude I fucken lived in Wilson for almost 2 years, I'm core bro

Dude I fucken lived in Wilson for almost 2 years, I'm core bro
    Right on, since that's the case I bet Greg over at Alpinezone could hook you up.

I voted Captain Benny for president, even though he wasn't an option.

If you can't get to JH on your IKON pass then maybe you can ski Hickory with the other Benny.

send me the link

send me the link
    Dude I' would totally send it to you if I knew it. I've heard that Jay gave it out at his fundraiser so if you are friends with anyone that was there you should get in touch with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    I've always wondered how many woke folks would cry tears if they knew of Patagonia's Gov contracts and how many SOF dudes run those products.
    What's wrong with supporting the troops? You can support the USA and the environment at the same time, ya know.

I argue supporting actions that combat climate change and support green energy will only make the USA stronger in the long run. Fearing change as the far right does will only make the USA weaker as a country. Overall, I'm an environmentalist because I like to ski and wildlife. And continuing down our current path threatens both. So good on the patagucci virtue signaling.

Also, Patagonia is a private company. They can do what they want, isn't that the right wing way? Is this not America? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    What's wrong with supporting the troops? You can support the USA and the environment at the same time, ya know.

I argue supporting actions that combat climate change and support green energy will only make the USA stronger in the long run. Fearing change as the far right does will only make the USA weaker as a country. Overall, I'm an environmentalist because I like to ski and wildlife. And continuing down our current path threatens both. So good on the patagucci virtue signaling.

Also, Patagonia is a private company. They can do what they want, isn't that the right wing way? Is this not America? Lol
    Don't you understand that the Culture War only has two sides?

This is my new mantra: "I like to ski and wildlife"