Page 79 of 105 FirstFirst ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2624
    Anyone know of a place in town where I can buy an unlocked iPhone SE? My wife dropped her phone in the fire (lol) and she is not happy. In the past I've went to a Verizon store and they don't just sell an unlocked phone. You need to sign contracts be on their service, etc.

I just need a phone. Pinedale works too as we are up the Hoback.

I’m surprised the TGR headquarters don’t sell them with steal your faces and roses on it and shit.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Just heard about a new groomer from flip point down through the bush.

Fuck the kemerrers

Fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Fuck that making-a-new-groomer shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    The amount of available slots for mt. guide tours just doubled into the sidecountry, approved by the FS.
    Despite all the lift line clustfuckery last season, I will look back
    and realize how good we had it.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    Anyone know of a place in town where I can buy an unlocked iPhone SE? My wife dropped her phone in the fire (lol) and she is not happy. In the past I've went to a Verizon store and they don't just sell an unlocked phone. You need to sign contracts be on their service, etc.

I just need a phone. Pinedale works too as we are up the Hoback.
    your carrier should be able to send one to you not later than Second Day
    ( at this point, it might be Wednesday )

Good luck - skiJ

in this stupid country you can't just buy a phone in a store. Not even walmart or some other big box in idaho falls

wife had no phone of the weekend (which in hindsight she liked) and had to goto apple store in slc. We have visible (poor people verizon) so the whole send the phone thing didn't sound like an option. Regardless thanks everyone.

visible has a bunch of phones for sale, though it looks like they are SoldOut of the new iPhones -

... sorry you had to make a pilgrimage to slc to replace the one that went into the Fire
    ( colorful story, though ! ) --

good luck ! skiJ

The News & Guide article on housing and staff shortages was beyond infuriating. Those cynical cowards refused to name and shame local businesses that thrive off tourism but don't offer employee housing - The Wort, Lee's Ts, etc. I don't even think the Chamber offers housing. NaG didn't want to upset advertisers by pointing to them as among the primary reasons for the situation we're in. And to assume our incompetent electeds can solve anything is to just wish the problems away, they're incapable of addressing any substantial issues here. And the fucking traffic! Why aren't the cops helping direct during busy times, like when you're leaving a packed stadium, to keep the flow moving? Those lazy fucks won't get out of their cruisers unless they smell a DUI bust. But town and county officials would rather talk about sustainability and bike lane bollards than make difficult decisions.

Y'alls county commissioners are completely oblivious to happenings on the West side too. Either they're really good at playing dumb or they don't realize the growth in Alta, Targhee etc is effecting infrastructure in ID.

In other news these are early this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    The News & Guide article on housing and staff shortages was beyond infuriating. Those cynical cowards refused to name and shame local businesses that thrive off tourism but don't offer employee housing - The Wort, Lee's Ts, etc. I don't even think the Chamber offers housing. NaG didn't want to upset advertisers by pointing to them as among the primary reasons for the situation we're in. And to assume our incompetent electeds can solve anything is to just wish the problems away, they're incapable of addressing any substantial issues here. And the fucking traffic! Why aren't the cops helping direct during busy times, like when you're leaving a packed stadium, to keep the flow moving? Those lazy fucks won't get out of their cruisers unless they smell a DUI bust. But town and county officials would rather talk about sustainability and bike lane bollards than make difficult decisions.
    This place is fucked.
    Welcome to Jackson Hole.

Maybe that should be the new sticker and town/county gets PLASTERED.

You hit the nail on the head, yet there's a box full of nails that need hammering.

I chose not to put my degree to work here until I had sufficient local insight.
    By the time I had acquired that, I'd realized that having it pretty much ruled out getting into the race as well as creating a serious lack of interest anymore, knowing the score.

Lee's tees -what a clownshow, a bunch of crude crap.
    There are about 5-10 old locals monopolizing the town, no one to stop them and they're behind most of this town's problems; Housing, wages, etc.
    Then they bitch about having to pay a living wage in a town that costs triple what it should/did.
    So they pay less to our minority, who consider it a windfall, while locals continue to get forced out, owning a place or not.

It's a shame and it's no one's fault more than the locals. Including myself. On the one hand, I wish I had just jumped into it; luckily I didn't as I would have left or offed myself long before now.
    Instead I committed to a full tilt approach to pro ski bumming in my Mecca. Wouldn't change much about THAT.

" Those lazy fucks" Hahahahaha, that's $$$$$$$$$$$
    And the sheer common sense of having a traffic cop at town square and the ex Y has absolutely escaped them.
    When traffic goes from town thru Wilson and up the pass, FOR NO FUCKING REASON, and town/county does nothing, some heads should roll.

I wanna create something I can bolt onto the Pathy's frame that will shear off those bollards at the base as I drive by.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What, Alta and Targhee town are in Wyoming?

I was the Census enumerator for TC on the westslope in 2010. There's a lotta wyomingites living on that sliver of land.

Forgot to mention, one of y’all’s county commissioners asked if there was a good spot to build a fire station about half way between Alta and the Ghee.

I asked one of our elected cowards why they don't have cops directing traffic and she laughed like she thought I was joking. She also didn't think it would be a good look for our visitors to be greeted by a cop when they arrive in town plus there's no budget for it anyway. I can't believe people actually vote for these fools let alone truly believe they have the capacity to solve anything. She just thinks everyone should be on bikes and that will solve everything. Tell that to the 100s of landscaping trucks crawling at 10mph along 22 to the next job. They gonna e-bike that riding mower to Rafter J?

Yet last year, those same electeds were open to the idea of a private group of animal lovers paying the tab to employ more deputies on the Moose-wilson road to keep peeps from speeding over the meeses. Private money paying for public enforcement.

Fuck that. Me and my friends would pay extra to give tickets to that slow driver between 7-9 am holding up 50 cars.

Wanna save the moose?
    1. Cut back the willow/cottonwood feedbag that has overgrown the sides of the road.
    2. When they do show up roadside, scare them away instead of ogling them and fucking traffic up, as if the right-of-way was 'critical habitat'.
    - I love them and it's downright crushing to see a dead moose, yet we do nothing about it but make traffic worse; lower speed limits and reduced passing zones.
    When they repaved 390 a coupla years ago, they double yellowed about 90% of the prior passing zones before Lake creek bridge.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I met Talisman and his BIL for some 'Coach lunch yesterday. Traffic was backed up to Puzzleface on the way out and outside Hungry Jack's 45 minutes later.
    Do they think they are just gonna have us live with that from here on out? Fucking clowns.
    I want a Disney style monorail from town to the village, with Spurs to Wilson and the airport.

I want a Musk style superloop from the Village to Targhee. Shouldn’t be more than an 8 minute trip.
    Just curious, what do you hate about the bollards? They don’t affect traffic flow in any meaningful way, besides making it more attractive to ride a bike (one less car on the road, and in your parking spots!)

Maybe Snow King should be five lanes?

I gots no issues with bikes on SK.
    The car lanes are narrower than they need to be now, PITA for commercial rigs and horse trailers.
    SK historically was wider to accommodate larger through traffic. A decent amount of that has shifted onto Kelly ave, the only one of the 4 town thruways designed for neighborhood traffic.

Bicyclists are entitled to a space on the roadway, but not a partitioned off 2 abreast lane.
    To get approval to move forward with that originally, one of the requirements was that bicyclists needed to make up 10% of the traffic on the road.
    If there's 1 bike riding down SK for every nine cars, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Bottom line is, the vast majority of vehicles/users on SK have to avoid oncoming traffic as well as the bollards for a miniscule group of users due to the impediments.
    Hell, I'd be alright if they pulled the bollards but left the white lines.

edit: this may sound like it bugs me more than it does. Plainly not a 1st whirled problem. It likely affects me more than most as I live right there. Majority of 22 residents could care less.
    When I arrived here I bemoaned the pathetic biking scene. Way behind a lot of places in development. Look at how slow JHMR was to embrace it, now they're cashing in on it tho.
    Cache/Game and Shadow Mtn. were the places to be back then.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 07-08-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Bollards on SK are perfect example of our elected fools addressing a non-issue. One of them got high in Amsterdam and saw all the cyclists loving life and thought "that's what Jackson should look like". So they burn calories on something that wasn't a priority so they can say they accomplished something while kicking the can down the road on challenging issues like housing, traffic mitigation, visitor impact, development, etc.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Hey, despite any shortcomings of the News and Guide, I must say they are an amazing news source compared to the woefully underfunded and understaffed papers here in Montana.

You guys actually have reporters writing about issues. We basically have a few folks ripping the Associated Press and turning press release emails into stories.

Just remember, the press is a necessary ingredient to a democratic society. I’d say they should rub the housing issues into everyone’s noses as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I gots no issues with bikes on SK.
    The car lanes are narrower than they need to be now, PITA for commercial rigs and horse trailers.
    SK historically was wider to accommodate larger through traffic. A decent amount of that has shifted onto Kelly ave, the only one of the 4 town thruways designed for neighborhood traffic.

Bicyclists are entitled to a space on the roadway, but not a partitioned off 2 abreast lane.
    To get approval to move forward with that originally, one of the requirements was that bicyclists needed to make up 10% of the traffic on the road.
    If there's 1 bike riding down SK for every nine cars, I'm a monkey's uncle.

Bottom line is, the vast majority of vehicles/users on SK have to avoid oncoming traffic as well as the bollards for a miniscule group of users due to the impediments.
    Hell, I'd be alright if they pulled the bollards but left the white lines.

edit: this may sound like it bugs me more than it does. Plainly not a 1st whirled problem. It likely affects me more than most as I live right there. Majority of 22 residents could care less.
    When I arrived here I bemoaned the pathetic biking scene. Way behind a lot of places in development. Look at how slow JHMR was to embrace it, now they're cashing in on it tho.
    Cache/Game and Shadow Mtn. were the places to be back then.
    I think this hits the nail on the head. If they would just move the bollards about two feet towards the curb though I think there would be a lot less bitching. The proportion of roadway dedicated to bikes is pretty absurd, and I'm a cyclist.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Hey, despite any shortcomings of the News and Guide, I must say they are an amazing news source compared to the woefully underfunded and understaffed papers here in Montana.

You guys actually have reporters writing about issues. We basically have a few folks ripping the Associated Press and turning press release emails into stories.

Just remember, the press is a necessary ingredient to a democratic society. I’d say they should rub the housing issues into everyone’s noses as long as possible.
    Hmmm. Everyone wanting to bitch about the places they moved from to MT. Not that I disagree but you have to see why people bitch about people wanting to change things. You moved here for a reason right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    I think this hits the nail on the head. If they would just move the bollards about two feet towards the curb though I think there would be a lot less bitching. The proportion of roadway dedicated to bikes is pretty absurd, and I'm a cyclist.
    I agree as well, it is too wide, but I think they (probably) have to conform to some ADA standards, but that is just a guess. I believe they still should be 8”-12” narrower on either side.

E-bikes on pathways... fer it or agin it?

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Hmmm. Everyone wanting to bitch about the places they moved from to MT. Not that I disagree but you have to see why people bitch about people wanting to change things. You moved here for a reason right?

I’m not bitching at all, just very impressed by the News and Guide.

My point is that as the big money creeps in, community journalism is getting pushed out.

Rich folks benefit from a dysfunctional media.

Comparisons between MT and WY are damn funny if ya think about it, neither one leading the charge of progress.
    Saying the NaG is great compared to the described shit show of MT reporting may be true but that doesn't make them great. Just better than the worst.

I think that was Parvo's point, that they avoided the hard news and just kinda fluffed their way through it.

As great as this valley is, it has never been taken care of like it should have been.
    It's a unicorn that's always been treated as a milk cow.
    The milk's gonna run out eventually and it will become unsustainable and unbearable.
    Hopefully not in our lifetimes.
    But no one is successfully fixing anything.

To Parvo's main point.

And Big money doesn't creep in here. It swaggers in doing it's best to profiteer silently, yet aggressively.

Capt. Bob was right about sooooooo much.

IIRc, you were here for a short term, got a sweet cabin hookup on the westbank and worked one of the few ok jobs for the man, right?
    You had it better than most. Maybe it was smart to leave when you did, in all seriousness.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Djongo, you are a true ski bum and poet, and I believe you summed up the valley quite nicely as “the unicorn that has always been treated as a milk cow.”

It’s quite true that I got out when the getting was good. When I put 2+2 together and realized the housing lottery was the only path to home ownership, I split.

However, I also realized somewhere along the line that living in Jackson is quite like the proverbial mountain town breakup.

You don’t lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn.

In my case, I know that many a young ski bum will fall in lust, get smacked around, and have a hell of a good time like I did.

My hope is that possibility is still out there, and stays that way for a few more years at least.

by the way if anyone needs wood for the winter I have a ton of black coated bark wood (the wood is still good and unburnt) that you can buck and haul out in Bondurant. It's pretty much already seasoned too.

Not sure what the wood scene is like there but it's all stacked in a big pile of logs and will make everything it touches black...heats well though! All some conifer variant (sorry i don't know my species)

PM me if interested.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I’m not bitching at all, just very impressed by the News and Guide.

My point is that as the big money creeps in, community journalism is getting pushed out.

Rich folks benefit from a dysfunctional media.
    Sorry I was a few whiskeys deep and had a knee jerk reaction. Agreed MT journalism is a joke.