Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post
    We skied Air Force Chute yesterday. Wow you guys have it good over there compared to Colorado right now.
    Nice!

(The shots I posted Monday were not taken in Granite.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6297.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	361029

Quote Originally Posted by Asspen View Post

We skied Air Force Chute yesterday. Wow you guys have it good over there compared to Colorado.
    FIFY

Good pow, cool lighting today. Legs=somewhere under the snow.

Name:	7F5A2745-2.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	361196
    Last edited by upallnight; 02-04-2021 at 02:35 AM.

Hope you skied today.
    It was a good day.
    Skied powder and trees
    with mag Brock Lander wire to wire.

6 inches of cream came in and plastered
    the sun crust from previous days, which made an early RS lap sweet. 3rd tram and a stiff breeze found us on the right side of the bowl with only two tracks in front of us. Bouncing firsties through the boulder field we banked through the trees and on downwards through untracked.
    Lower down the frosting thinned a little, but we still managed to make it interesting all the way to the bottom.

Name:	20210203_212300.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	886.8 KB 
ID:	361180

Back up for another lap; it was just getting better as lighter snow had moved in and was falling hard. We moved over a little this time and again were rewarded with more and deeper untracked all the way. It was so good we did it again. This time with only our own previous tracks in front of us.
    By this time the weather was breaking and a line had formed so we took alternate transportation for the remainder.

Awesome day yesterday, good snow good turns.

I think they sanitized my plane by cooking the inside of it. It’s no less than 120 as I stepped aboard.
    Decisions Decisions

I don't ski jhmr but watching this redbull natural selection tour is pretty bad ass. You guys probably hate it because it closes the mountain for prep but super cool format. It's all live and natural snow with drones that go BRRRR.

Would be cool if they had skiers

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/live/n...n-hole-day-one

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    I don't ski jhmr
    You should probably fix this.

bought land in bondurant last summer, just have to build my shack that is winter capable and hope to get there next winter

That is sweet man. Hoback Ranches?
    Live Free or Die

lol of course. hmu if you need some charred uhaul firewood.

I haven't spent a winter there yet, but does hoback canyon close often?

Are there any tours up in the Bondurant area?

I figure it's 90 mins for me to get to jhmr after snow machine to car and then the drive in the winter.

Hope everyone got a little (dense) pow in the face today. Looks like more on the way!

Name:	7F5A2798.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	361271

Anyone else slightly annoyed that the Natural Selection comp is held on Moran Face yet the organizers are telling the public it’s held in the “backcountry” of Jackson Hole?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Anyone else slightly annoyed that the Natural Selection comp is held on Moran Face yet the organizers are telling the public it’s held in the “backcountry” of Jackson Hole?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The Red Bull commentators are good for laughs ... full winter coats and hats inside a studio set.

Oh well, the comp was sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    lol of course. hmu if you need some charred uhaul firewood.

I haven't spent a winter there yet, but does hoback canyon close often?

Are there any tours up in the Bondurant area?

I figure it's 90 mins for me to get to jhmr after snow machine to car and then the drive in the winter.
    I was born and raised in the Hoback. My family moved away when I was a freshman in high school in’73. I guess that kinda dates me. Anyway, the road doesn’t close that often but occasionally slides in the Cow of the Woods area can run and close things. Touring? Tons of options in the Cliff Creek and Granite Creek areas. Here’s a video of a spring tour that we did on the Ramshorn a few years ago. [https://youtu.be/zQbx5GBm2xM/CODE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been following the thread and the stoke this year. Must say I’m kinda jealous. We’ve been getting inches out here in SW Spud land when you all are snorkeling in feet. Anyway, I’ll be rolling in on Presidents Day and skiing for a week. Plan is to ski my ass off in the mornings and then dial it back a little and ski with my wife in the afternoons. If any mags want to get some laps in with an old guy, let me know.

The Ghee wins today...

Name:	GHEE SOT.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	361329
    Knee strain and the shitshow have me out for this cycle so far...
    Down but not out.

Vibes DJ. Work keeping me out but will be back for mid Feb on
    Last edited by kokomas; 02-05-2021 at 10:00 AM.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    The Ghee wins today...

Name:	GHEE SOT.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	361329
    Knee strain and the shitshow have me out for this cycle so far...
    Down but not out.
    Shit show is all time, great snow but if you can't get to it....

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Shit show is all time, great snow but if you can't get to it....
    One and done for the Suits this morning, but it was epic. The leading edge of the shit show is tolerable.

Heal up DJ! I’m taking a break too. Catch up soon!

Damn. Even the crack o noon club at the ghee was off the charts. ‘bout lost one of our groms today. And he’s a charger and not afraid of the deep. Poor dude was STUCK. With the foghee and the snow pic taking was sorta pointless. The Teton Trickle is Kicking in

Fuck the shitshow. Uggh.

Might be the first year in a few decades I only get a week in jh. But as much as I love the pow mow, I’m kinda hoping it’s a dry spell. Fuck. I can’t believe I’m not wanting big dumps when I’m there.

Pow days have gotten ugly. But you could always go up and out. Old school peace and quiet and pow.
    Now, it’s a Covid shitshow from what I see and hear.
    Limited trams. Solo Gondi.

Not trying to be negative, but my happy place has been raided by Shooter McGavin. And that midget on a hobby horse. Bring back the girlfriend with two pitchers of beer (#happygilmore)

Maybe Air Force laps are the answer? Shits weird.

Oh well. Ima ski the fuck outta whatever you got the end of this month.
    . . .

It was crowded today, no doubt, but think it was the best skiing of the year. Knee, waist, tits deep depending on aspect and wind. Played drill sergeant this morning and pulled my two relatives in town out for first tram. That’s pretty much the move at this point for at least a few unmolested pow runs on sublette before the masses descend.

Thunder went down when I was meeting back at the gondi. Fack! Lapped Marmot for the rest of the day and it skied great.

I had to work today, but got to the village at 2:30. Still a shitshow, but got to Marmot at 3:15 and got three laps, finished with a south coulter. Found some overhead blower and left stoked. Despite the shitshow its still a great time.

Today at the Ghee was wild. Easily one of my top three deepest in bounds days of my life. Today was the only day I've had where I can remember thinking that I wish I had like 125MM underfoot. Early in the day, it was almost too deep and dense on low angle terrain. Not sure what % moisture, but the snow wasn't blower- maybe 7%? On steeper terrain it was amazing.

Mountain ops started talking to people in the lift lines and encouraging inexperienced folks not to go to the top of DC. Apparently, people were getting stuck all over the mountain and needing patrol to pull them out. The top 200 yards looked like a battlefield for a while- lots of people upside down and backwards stuck in the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Fuck the shitshow. Uggh.

Might be the first year in a few decades I only get a week in jh. But as much as I love the pow mow, I’m kinda hoping it’s a dry spell. Fuck. I can’t believe I’m not wanting big dumps when I’m there.

Pow days have gotten ugly. But you could always go up and out. Old school peace and quiet and pow.
    Now, it’s a Covid shitshow from what I see and hear.
    Limited trams. Solo Gondi.

Not trying to be negative, but my happy place has been raided by Shooter McGavin. And that midget on a hobby horse. Bring back the girlfriend with two pitchers of beer (#happygilmore)

Maybe Air Force laps are the answer? Shits weird.

Oh well. Ima ski the fuck outta whatever you got the end of this month.
    No need to wish for a dry spell. Wish for the Tetons and lots of places in CO/UT/CA/MT to get snow at the same time so that it thins the crowds. It's been crowded all season whether or not there is pow.

Also of note- there is a grom big mountain comp at the Ghee tomorrow. Fingers crossed they are able to get the course open. It'll be all-time conditions if they can get it open safely.