Page 25 of 105 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Yellow pants, I knew it was yellow something. Yep that was you guys, I should have said something.

When I saw a college aged kid hucking you guys were the first thing to come to mind!
    Ah too bad. Would have loved to say hi.

Just saw a video of that botched 360. That was a hilarious fail. Hope you got a chuckle. We are laughing pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Getting a little sporty in the backcountry with warm windy new slab. Heads up team, I think the shit's about to get real if the forecast verifies. RPK weather has us getting over an inch of SWE by Tuesday 1700.

You guys know this one, right? https://forecast.weather.gov/product...n=1&glossary=1
    You’re not kidding. Here on the west side hit some south facing slopes at 9000 ft. Serious winds from the SW forming some nice slabs. Dug two pits same results in both cases. Top 4 inch new snow slabby broke while digging the pit. Snow pack here is about 50+ish deep and is pretty much a shit sandwich. Facets on the ground, then the shitty dec 11 layer, then about a foot and a half of soft consolidated snow, capped by the rain/rime crust from Xmas, on top of that the last foot plus of new snow. ECT produced breaks in the first foot plus of new snow on the rain crust but I wasn’t too concerned with that as the break didn’t propagate and wasn’t very consolidated, what did concern me was at about tap 25 the entire column failed on the dec 11 layer and it popped with energy. If you are unfortunate enough to trigger one of these bad boys you’re fucked. This week should be very interesting. Be safe everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Agree: If we get a lot of weight shit could get very real. Skied some nice lines today where the new snow had bonded nicely in areas that were cleaned out with wettish/warm slides on the 40 degree Monday a bit back. Certainly anything that has not run hard/deep yet should be viewed with suspicion. We may get the cleanout that we need with the upcoming storm.

@wstdeep here's one for you haha

https://youtu.be/2IAJFCxAP_Y

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Cleanup on Isle one !

Nice article on Kai Jones in The NY Times today https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/03/s...gtype=Homepage

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gforce View Post
    UAN has indeed been killing it in his image making. You can tell he isn't over using PS but rather using good perspective and interesting framing to compose solid images. Still cherish the pow pics he made with me a few years ago.
    Was going through an old drive... [Jan 2011—10 years]

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A48H1917.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	701.8 KB 
ID:	356227

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A48H1913.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	356225

I’ve lost my usual place of 20 years of staying in the village...I’ve got places to stay solo, but spending some time w my kids riding lifts later in the winter and will need a rental—the options around the aspens are decent and not crazy expensive in March. If anyone’s got a tip or Rec for anything in particular, would appreciate (2 13 yr old girls and old man me, just need bed and a kitchen)

I’ll be around mlk weekend mostly in the backcountry but maybe run into some of you kooks

Quote Originally Posted by cdubski View Post
    I’ve lost my usual place of 20 years of staying in the village...I’ve got places to stay solo, but spending some time w my kids riding lifts later in the winter and will need a rental—the options around the aspens are decent and not crazy expensive in March. If anyone’s got a tip or Rec for anything in particular, would appreciate (2 13 yr old girls and old man me, just need bed and a kitchen)

I’ll be around mlk weekend mostly in the backcountry but maybe run into some of you kooks
    Sending pm
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Sweet, Koko is the man for a villy connection. I know.

We can likely find a voucher or 2 for yas as well, Cdub.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Def less skiers today but still more than I felt like dealing with. Lines on upper 2, less on Casper/Teton/AV.

That fresh snow was mega-wind affected. 600+ miles in 24 hrs. Thats B+ quantity for us.
    800 miles is the rare mountain Hurricane.

Slabbage abounds, inbounds and out.

Thanks folks hope to ski you soon

Will be out 1030ish tomorrow looking for refills. Will keep an eye out for DJ and crew.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Pow fever in full effect. Full lot and at least three cars waiting to park at the top of the pass at 7:10 am this morning. Blizzard conditions and high avi danger.

http://jhavalanche.org/viewTeton

Make good decisions and stay safe, I'd like to ski ya all later.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Pow fever in full effect. Full lot and at least three cars waiting to park at the top of the pass at 7:10 am this morning. Blizzard conditions and high avi danger.

http://jhavalanche.org/viewTeton

Make good decisions and stay safe, I'd like to ski ya all later.
    Good god

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Good god
    Parking is opening up some now, It's either dawn patrol going to work, or the skiing is scary. Vis is still questionable.

Boy the hobacks were worth skipping lunch for

Goddam I love skiin' back there...

That's a sweet line of Powtatos n Pillows.
    Glad you got some goods.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that turned out to be a helluva good day...

At 6:45 I was 17th of the first 25 public for first box. East or Bust made it onto second box w/ease. Except for his midnight rider commute from IF, getting jacked by Alpine worker conga lines.
    As Sublette appears to wanna stay open this am, I decided to wait for EoB.
    Nice to stand on the corbet's deck and blow a sesh in the 40 mph breeze cuz all 24 already split.
    Freshly toasted, box 2 rolls in and we dash across the howling sideways bowl to the 3/4 trees.
    I couldn't bear going further and damn...shin to kneedeep every turn and just moving outta your way perfectly. For warmer snow, it was dry and perfect density 9%, just right for soft resistance in the deeps.

We bolt to Cheyenne woods, him in the Upper, me in the lower Rockshotslot.

Sheeeite man, steep stepped bumps on the lee side of an upper ridge provides soft sloughing in every fat trough. Cascading your own pow before you at every slash, all the while losing 6-10 ft with every turn.
    That's expert pow skiing inbounds, at it's finest.

We raced down thru the Harbor Chop on R trail to find a 1/4 full maze, sweet.
    By the top we decided we could suffer a maze for another banger in the trees so we both hit a line within 40 feet of run1 and it was still untracked sickgnar.

The charging Super 7's were SO in their element today.

The cam showed Subby was filling fast so we bolted into line and before too long were en route to the Lower RS gate. Not too many had been out yet, likely only a few guides/gapes.
    EoB hit the steep mini chute and cracked an 8" soft slab that lightly cleaned his fall line slayings.
    I hit the gut, had second thoughts as I started so I z cut a bit at the top and fell into pounding out about 40 kneedeeps, so perfect for pow 8's.
    The whole loop was firsties in no less than boot top fresh.

We thoroughly enjoyed lower south Hoback so...

we skied down the road in the upper village and skipped the UP chair altogether.

By the time we got back to the box, we waited in the tram line for about another 45 minutes and did another RS loop. 97% as good as the first; particularly the far drift...Fucking tittaaaaayyyzzzz. Damn, kneedeeps beside the ropeline for a good 3 football fields and then back over to Ross' slide for more firsties, unbelievable.

Great day EoB, thanks for busting the move. Woulda been less fun witoutchu.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Glad you got some goods.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At 6:45 I was 17th of the first 25 public for first box. East or Bust made it onto second box w/ease. Except for his midnight rider commute from IF, getting jacked by Alpine worker conga lines.
    Nice to stand on the corbet's deck and blow a sesh in the 40 mph breeze cuz all 24 already split.
    Freshly toasted, box 2 rolls in and we dash across the howling sideways bowl to the 3/4 trees.
    I couldn't bear going further and damn...shin to kneedeep every turn and just moving outta your way perfectly. For warmer snow, it was dry and perfect density 9%, just right for soft resistance in the deeps.

Sheeeite man, steep stepped bumps on the lee side of an upper ridge provides soft sloughing in every fat trough. Cascading your own pow before you at every slash, all the while losing 6-10 ft with every turn.

By the top we decided we could suffer a maze for another banger in the trees so we both hit a line within 40 feet of run1 and it was still untracked sickgnar.

The cam showed Subby was filling fast so we bolted into line and before too long were en route to the Lower RS gate. Not too many had been out yet, likely only a few guides/gapes.
    EoB hit the steep mini chute and cracked an 8" soft slab that lightly cleaned his fall line slayings.
    I hit the gut, had second thoughts as I started so I z cut a bit at the top and fell into pounding out about 40 kneedeeps, so perfect for pow 8's.

we skied down the road in the upper village and skipped the UP chair altogether.

By the time we got back to the box, we waited in the tram line for about another 45 minutes and did another RS loop. 97% as good as the first; particularly the far drift...Fucking tittaaaaayyyzzzz. Damn, kneedeeps beside the ropeline for a good 3 football fields and then back over to Ross' slide for more firsties, unbelievable.

This is making me grin just reading it.

It’s downright evocative
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Fun day out there. The graupel kept wanting to move downhill, but not much in the way of slab characteristics.

Can you guys see this?
    https://instagram.com/stories/bjuans...=1266jntzu1xso

Nice video Homemade Salsa! Had a great morning at the village today, maybe not Djongo level but feeling plenty stoked!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Glad you got some goods.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Djongo!
    You're making me salivate.
    Sounds like a great cycle.

I'll be up there last week of January / first week of February.
    Super stoked!!!

The best backyard is the one you're happiest with. You all can keep what ya have down there.

There's a Stealers Wheel song that best sums up your spot.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    Fun day out there. The graupel kept wanting to move downhill, but not much in the way of slab characteristics.

Can you guys see this?
    https://instagram.com/stories/bjuans...=1266jntzu1xso
    Allstar group to be skiing with. I got to spend the day in the park with the other AD for class