Page 32 of 105 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    blessing and a curse to have the best snow in the greater region
    I would think by now that u fuckers would be used to that.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone know of shops in either Victor or Jackson that rent tele gear??? Google search not turning up much

GOOD, finally something to slow you down~~
    Also, skinny skis in Town 1/2 block offa the square. Would check Wilson BC sports then Yostmark before though for likeley better pricing.

UaN - I think most of us locs have already inserted ourselves into your shots. Like that overtheheadblower shot. I lived it.
    Pow below Thunder lift line, wanted a piece of that. Always whacked before me...

GM - I was less than engaging last time you asked, bothered me ever since. I'd be glad to take you into GC. Will make it happen if nothing holding us back. Maybe get some other mags for a fun loop; WD&SB...

BBear - exactly. We could be sucking rocks in CO., right? Or Park smitty, Gawd they're getting skunked so far. And I hear Big Sky is rather rocky. Heh...

Bunion - we'd be glad to have you and spanser you for some some JH turns...you jus holla dog.

@bunion2020 I'd take you touring and you could even use our guest room. Haha eat some lamb and drink waaaay too much wine.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    We could be sucking rocks in CO., right?
    I'm offended by this 100% accurate statement.
    signed,
    Colorado.

(snow dances needed)

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    @bunion2020 I'd take you touring and you could even use our guest room. Haha eat some lamb and drink waaaay too much wine.

I will be in touch, got a new touring setup I would love to break in.
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"

good to see UAN posting here again. To clarify things I would gladly show Bunion around SW colorado where in this La Nina year we have a 77" base and I have not hit a rock since Oct.28.
    off your knees Louie

Another 4 days in the woods up there reminds me that mediocre Tetons skiing > good skiing most other places. Even mondays lift served expert c and t3 laps were the best I’ve had all season. Hopefully it’ll get even better soon...

More fox n teets

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1231.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	828.8 KB 
ID:	358953

First Target, then REI and now Amazon/Whole Foods coming to town. Sheesh.

I sure wish Wendy’s was replaced with a Popeye’s...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

You have the fried chicken sandwich out at Rations in Wilson? Pretty damn good.
    Live Free or Die

I have not. I heard they are good.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bunion 2020 View Post
    I will be in touch, got a new touring setup I would love to break in.

Damn, I just got check mated somethin' fierce.

Yeah wolf creek has some snow, the rest of the state has about half of that or less. To clarify.
    Come on up N1CK, it's about time...

Still got a cot in the tire shed here for you, N1CK.

BBear - exactly. We could be sucking rocks in CO., right? Or Park smitty, Gawd they're getting skunked so far. And I hear Big Sky is rather rocky. Heh..
    Spitting out rocks now.
    Will be up there next week.

Stoked.

Skiings not that bad in the RFV.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Ski those things!
    I don't know man. they're a bit much for me these days!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Woohoo, Yostmark does tele rentals. FKNA stoked!

Will be free heelin it on Sunday

Thanks for the recommendations

Skiing has finally slowed down. Thank you.

Ski on chairs most of the time and 2-3 car wait at the tram today. Hasn't been this slow for 4 weeks.
    Snow is nice but a tad firmish. Chalky to smooth and rubbly. Good turns to be had everywhere and not too bumpy either. That windstorm really flattened us out if not up.

GM - Ill ask around how that works. Maybe there's a best time to get on there.

RA13 - I'd be interested in the Mad Chortlers m'self. Maybe we can barter out something cool.
    I know that board pretty well. Tierney graphics, yes?

Laughing at UM's pics - they tell such a story. I see an Olds Cutlass, maybe a plymouth Reliant K car or maybe it's a Volare, Oh, Oh, oh, oh.

rumor mill negativity will be frowned upon in here.
    They're the ones from 98 not the mid fats that they created the year after. The graphic is blue and fades into a sky blue towards the tail. They aren't that great to ski on except maybe for a long board day party. They did have a fun hop turn on really steep and technical pow lines. I used to ski them into Alta Zero from the upper skiers right side into Waterfall and it was pretty fun in an old school skinny ski sort of way. They're 215's I think. Long and skinny. GS turn from the tip to mid point then straight tails with very little side cut if any. Low pro tips and all. If you're interested you can pm me your phone number and I'll send you text you some pics. I'd put some on here but between my computer and my phone I have too many issues that are now making that impossible.

I'm not looking to get much of anything for em, I just thought someone else might appreciate them more than me. I will probably get that way in the next few years at some point. Right now I'm trying to spend 6 to 8 weeks in Taos next season. I'm sort of obsessed with learning that mountains secrets right now.
    dirtbag, not a dentist

East or Bust was down this way for a couple of years. It sure was nice watching a stoked and capable young 20 something year old rip around our hill.

When he told me last season that he wanted to spend time at the Vill I got kind of serious and told him to not waste another day in Arizona. As much as I wanted to keep him here I knew he had to get there.

That's a damn good shit right there, have fun ripping around with him!
    dirtbag, not a dentist

My tele setup is leather and pins. Probably should try a modern setup some time.

If my info is correct Big Sky just opened the tram for the year. Rock garden to get anywhere.

Fingers crossed that the Utah, CO and MT crews get some snow to spread the pressure out a bit. Nice to get a little fresh today 3" felt like 8" but then again when you give a man who has been in the desert a sip of anything it will be the best drink he has ever had !

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    If my info is correct Big Sky just opened the tram for the year. Rock garden to get anywhere. !
    It's been open for several weeks.

GOOD, finally something to slow you down~~
    Also, skinny skis in Town 1/2 block offa the square. Would check Wilson BC sports then Yostmark before though for likeley better pricing.
    For some reason, I don’t think free heeling is going to slow him down (much).

Yahoo EOB you’re making the natural progression to the backcountry. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Yostmark should fill the bill. Good folks, great shop.
    TIL:
    Originally a “bill” was any piece of writing, especially a legal document (we still speak of bills being introduced into Congress in this sense). More narrowly, it also came to mean a list such as a restaurant “bill of fare” (menu) or an advertisement listing attractions in a theatrical variety show such as might be posted on a “billboard.”
    In nineteenth-century America, when producers found short acts to supplement the main attractions, nicely filling out an evening’s entertainment, they were said in a rhyming phrase to “fill the bill.” People who associate bills principally with shipping invoices frequently transform this expression, meaning “to meet requirements or desires,” into “fit the bill.” They are thinking of bills as if they were orders, lists of requirements. It is both more logical and more traditional to say “fill the bill.”

Source: https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/22/fi...fill-the-bill/

Are you trying to rent tele gear as a means of accessing the backcountry? Why not rent AT gear?

Quote Originally Posted by raisingarizona13 View Post
    They're the ones from 98 not the mid fats that they created the year after.

Right now I'm trying to spend 6 to 8 weeks in Taos next season. I'm sort of obsessed with learning that mountains secrets right now.
    I think that was the "Super Mid Fat" @ 95mm underfoot.

Love Taos. Got the worst sunburn of my life there. Who knew hiking to Kachina Peak @ 13,000+ feet on a sunny March day with no sunscreen would be a problem? Certainly not this 20-year-old spring breaker from New Jersey.

UaN - I think most of us locs have already inserted ourselves into your shots. Like that overtheheadblower shot. I lived it.
    Pow below Thunder lift line, wanted a piece of that. Always whacked before me...
    Thank you.

Just gotta do that last one in November, otherwise you are behind the lifties, trollers, guides and paying clients.

Was speaking with my buddy the other day and that day in mid-November was absolutely our best of 20/21... so far.