Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,451 to 2,475 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by Tye 1on View Post
    Nah, then I have to rent in Michigan. I’ll buy and bank $300k. Thanks for the good wishes!!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    $300k ain’t what it used to be.

I agree with the rent until you come back. TV rent has to be higher than MI rent.

And your old house will just get more valuable.
    Any house in MI will flatline.
    . . .

Damn Tye1. It’s a bummer to lose you from the hood my man. We didn’t get out near enough this year. When you come back to visit you have a place to stay (and float) in Swan Valley. Your folks are lucky to have you to help out.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Heard the head of JHMR marketing left over the Jay Kemmerer dust up. Did not want to be associated with the brand any more.

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalMountainSkier View Post
    Heard the head of JHMR marketing left over the Jay Kemmerer dust up. Did not want to be associated with the brand any more.
    That is entirely correct.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

That’s a definite indictment of the culture within the company. Such a great hill owned by total shitheads.

Tye, big news! Hell man, it’s a big world outside The Valley, glad to see it opening up to you!
    Stay in touch man, we will tee it up again.

@Tye 1on let's have a burger and beers before you split. You have sincerely added to my quality of life since I've known you!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Maybe a little going away partay of sorts for Tye?

Dang Tye, sad to see such a local pillar move on but it seems to be a growing trend around here. I too will face an identical situation soon enough.
    Being with family is a good thing, no matter what.
    I feel fortunate to have met you, if only briefly, and wish you all the best.
    Respeks mag...

Next Saturday is the TGR world premiere. BBear had mentioned another get together for some partying before the movie. I was on the fence but could use some snow stoke.

Anyone else wanna connect in the Cody lot for some beers and safety sesh?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Interesting that the Marketing guy bailed. Considering the marketing dept. has had some real dingalings running it over the years, there's some irony that he leaves on principles.

Re: parking... it appears that the Cody and Lower main lot will have automated gates at the entrances next year. This is to prevent the early birds from getting to park free in the closest spots to the tram. They seem to be pushing harder on the no overnight parking except for hotel guests as well.
    The avarice has gone off the charts at the vill.

SuperGaper - did you say the resort would likely be heading for a sale if the CMO or the CFO departed?

The amount of sprinters has been increasing

Why pay $700 a night when you can van life all week at the tram base.
    . . .

We’re in for the movie -the info says 5pm show has more limited capacity/ more distancing but looks like there are still tickets left.
    I thought I saw somewhere that they would have the bike park open on the day of the movie too but couldn’t find it with the ticket info. That would be fun too

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/s...stoke-the-fire
    skid luxury

I'm in, ticket purchased for the 5 show.

East or Bust, get tix for you and your special lady friend and bring your bike.

yep- second that it would be nice to see east or bust too

also add that I would be in for any tye1on going away celebrations. Tye -what’s your timeline for blowing outta this joint?
    skid luxury

I will *try* to make it, likely will be down for some laps or just riding up the Hoback trail before the show. Up to the wifey ultimately, though.
    Last edited by rideit; 09-12-2021 at 04:28 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Bummer, out of town for the show this coming weekend. Have fun everyone.

We could host an outdoor jam on Saturday afternoon Sep 25 on the west bank for Tye's going away if people interested (Tye?). Plenty of wood to burn, gringo asado, you know the works. If we burned enough flesh perhaps we could earn some flakes this winter too.

Edit: weather permitting of course
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

wrong forum jong!!

Well mags, I'm cashin' in and heading to a lake/golf house in northern Michigan to hang with the folks in their later/last years. Grateful to have to opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

It's been a great run here, so many amazing memories!

I'll be working with a realtor Monday, but if any actual local mags are looking to buy in Victor, ping me before then. 2br/2ba/2car in Willow Creek. Anyone looking to buy and rent out short term can fuck off.

y'all rock
    Good luck, neighbors place in TC just went under contract 35 over asking with multiple offers. You should do well.
    Live Free or Die

Is anyone local interested in this kayak?
    $.37

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yak1.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	512.4 KB 
ID:	385268
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	yak2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	385269

tickets successfully purchased for 5pm show, can’t wait

Well mags, I'm cashin' in and heading to a lake/golf house in northern Michigan to hang with the folks in their later/last years. Grateful to have to opportunity to spend some quality time with them.

It's been a great run here, so many amazing memories!
    No shame in that. I did the same, sold my Big Sky place and moved home to Northern Wisconsin. Real Estate arbitrage is incredible, ramshackle place in a mountain town = dentist-level mcmansion on a lake. Plus I have found caring for an elderly parent to be emotionally enriching.

Join us in the Midwest Stoke thread.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

One Hour of 5th Street is next weekend. Come ride, there will be free beer and small children doing crazy bike tricks! All the details are here: http://bemorestoked.com
    And we'll have free jump clinics on Friday, so if you're a beginner, or a more experienced rider who's not comfortable getting their wheels off the ground, we'd love to have you come out and learn some fundamentals. It's gonna be a blast!

Thank’s for keeping 5th street alive, Cy! Bummer we couldn’t rally last weekend in Pisgah!

Here's some old school ski stoke from the Middle Teton Glacier.

Steve Shea, who lives about a mile from Kokomas, was my next door neighbor for some years. This is arguably the first attempt at showing the more challenging aspect of big mountain skiing.
    We'd talk about his exploits when he was young. Dude was/is still one tough mutha.

I see him at the vill occasionally, such an Ace and a genuine local legend.

I asked him once how he learned to ski steep terrain. He said when he was in Cham, guys like Vallencant and Boivin asked him to hone their ascent skills and they would hone his descent skills. Can you imagine?

Got tickets for Saturday early show for me and kiddo. Who wants to ride? Tailgate for Tye at 4:00 or so? Upper lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Here's some old school ski stoke from the Middle Teton Glacier.

Steve Shea, who lives about a mile from Kokomas, was my next door neighbor for some years. This is arguably the first attempt at showing the more challenging aspect of big mountain skiing.
    We'd talk about his exploits when he was young. Dude was/is still one tough mutha.

I see him at the vill occasionally, such an Ace and a genuine local legend.

I asked him once how he learned to ski steep terrain. He said when he was in Cham, guys like Vallencant and Boivin asked him to hone their ascent skills and they would hone his descent skills. Can you imagine?
    That vid is wild. So freakin raw, and the thought of skiing terrain like that on old school gear is slightly terrifying no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Got tickets for Saturday early show for me and kiddo. Who wants to ride? Tailgate for Tye at 4:00 or so? Upper lot?
    Would be nice to fit in a ride before the show as I think Sunday is already spoken for in terms of other plans for me. Any word on if they are actually going to spin the lifts? Guessing not. So, Hoback to Sweetwater?