Page 85 of 105 FirstFirst ... 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2624

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Hey all,

I wrapped up a summer hiking/biking adventure to the Teets last week, and had some interesting realizations.

1. The park is doable if you hit the gate at 7 am. Jenny Lake parking lot was full by 8.

2. Snow King pool / hot tub still delivers

3. Camping in Idaho is where it’s at.

4. I can’t believe the traffic was 45 minutes from East Jackson to Wilson.

5. A couple Stio guys took me on a bike ride down Black Canyon and they were super cool about it. Never biked the pass before!

6. Don’t expect to get served at restaurants and bars anymore. It’s just too busy. Pack a big ass cooler.

7. Music on main in Victor was the only vaguely “local vibe” thing I saw, and it kicked ass!

Pics:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1627159275.636549.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	380372

Name:	AD40870B-E963-4557-A6A0-AA423FD3AD3B.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	380373

Name:	Image1627159349.378141.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	380374

Name:	Image1627159375.369113.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	380375

Name:	IMG_9659.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	380376

Where did you end up camping in Teton Valley?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Black Canyon is one of my favorite rides anywhere. Such a cool little trail.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

X-post, looking for a ride back from SLC sometime next week. Certainly can pay cash/buds/whatever. Super duper bonus points if there is room for a bike…

In sublette county the vibe at pinedales soundcheck series is very good too. Never been down to music on main.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Where did you end up camping in Teton Valley?
    I like to put my tent up at a place that rhymes with “Juice Peak.”

Did the shadow mtn thing a few years ago, but figured that would be ridiculous this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Disney princess forced out JHMR CFO and their dir of communications, both of whom cared just a bit too much for the soul of the resort dying and can't have that on her watch!
    True that Director of Communications is leaving, and does not like Mary Kate at all. She's flattered to make TGR forums.

Not pushed out, taking a better opportunity at Bank of Jackson Hole, has a toddler and will make more money with more time off. She's my regular dirt bike partner- Team Beta Yo!

Matt McCreedy is still there as CFO and is still on the Board as well. Apparently if he leaves, then a sale IS going to happen!

There are rumblings that some private folks want to buy- as Skibird thinks as well. Caldera House and/or Hoback Club owners have the money, and as ski enthusiast billionaires would most likely get rid of the IKON.

Its all I can hope for right now. I cant even hope to ride weeknights after work any more because its now an hour to Mosquito or Munger or Idaho to the trailhead. The smoke is thick, the air is hot, and the traffic is bad. At least business is good, but not really why I live here.

Hang in there everyone- that light at the end of the tunnel is most likely an oncoming train.
    The market is dominated by fat skis largely because young toughs want what they see in videos: organ donors hucking into heliski bowls. -Seth Masia

Looks like I will get a ride back with Marvin…five hours with true skid royalty!

Looks like I will get a ride back with Marvin…five hours with true skid royalty!
    MARVIN!!

how many ladies will also be in that car?
    . . .

At LEAST six. And probably a hot tub.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

I’ve been in a car for five hours with Marvin. You’re gonna have a fine time, Rideit!

Give me a shout soon. We should grab a taco. Or maybe make some and meet up so we aren’t waiting in line for an hour.

Mos def, A!

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    I’ve been in a car for five hours with Marvin. You’re gonna have a fine time, Rideit!
    If he shows up like this, just hitch hike.

Name:  E0B0C300-BE32-4084-9C5A-CF8C3B65478D.jpeg
Views: 693
Size:  24.6 KB
    . . .

Fuck, had quite the scare this evening. My girlfriend’s sibling in law, I think that’s the formality, was involved in a serious climbing accident today in the park.

From the update we received, he was leading a pitch a couple hundred feet up, about to place some gear and foot slipped. Blew out his anchor below him and fell about 50’, hitting a ledge on the way down and sustained serious injuries to both legs. Luckily they were high enough up to barely have service and SAR was contacted. During the fall sounds like a knot somehow formed in the rope and his partner wasn’t able to lower him. They were stuck on the side of the mountain for over an hour. The partner was able to reach the injured and tie a tourniquet as he was losing a lot of blood. Yea, this was heavy.

It sounds like he is in stable condition at the moment. Please send healing vibes, this is going to be a long road to recovery.

Good luck to him eastorbust. That's rough.

My kid's Teton Crest trip was a ripping success. Got a permit (minor miracle right there) and did it in 4 days. Saw the photos and now I want in. Personal TR was awesome. Terrorized by moose and the fact that he did not listen to my calorie-per-day recommendations. They were starving. Heh. You only screw that up 2 or 3 times before you start bringing more damn food. Each night when they got to camp they played hacky sack for hours till dinner time to distract themselves. Which didn't help with needing calories, obviously. Whole thing was hilarious to me.

Course, he did the whole thing in running shoes, cause ... 19.

Thanks for the camping recs.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Fuck, had quite the scare this evening. My girlfriend’s sibling in law, I think that’s the formality, was involved in a serious climbing accident today in the park.

From the update we received, he was leading a pitch a couple hundred feet up, about to place some gear and foot slipped. Blew out his anchor below him and fell about 50’, hitting a ledge on the way down and sustained serious injuries to both legs. Luckily they were high enough up to barely have service and SAR was contacted. During the fall sounds like a knot somehow formed in the rope and his partner wasn’t able to lower him. They were stuck on the side of the mountain for over an hour. The partner was able to reach the injured and tie a tourniquet as he was losing a lot of blood. Yea, this was heavy.

It sounds like he is in stable condition at the moment. Please send healing vibes, this is going to be a long road to recovery.
    Vibes man, I think most of us are but a misstep or two away from similar scenarios during our times here. Hope he comes out ok.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post

Course, he did the whole thing in running shoes, cause ... 19.
    I did it in Chacos one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    yeah I only backpack in running/trail shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    yeah I only backpack in running/trail shoes.
    Trail running shoes are what I prefer. Running shoes suck though. Difference in sole stiffness.

Quote Originally Posted by Woolly the Mammoth View Post
    Well you're an idiot. Which means we'd get along fine over beers. Hopefully that happens sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post

Man that's terrible. Sorry to hear

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

My parents are in the process of purchasing a house.

Anyone happen to know a local roofer who can evaluate the condition of a cedar shake roof?

Great, you show up, and invite OTHER PEOPLE?

(No advice on a roofer, sorry)

Was my exact thought.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Yeah I know, right? Sorry for importing more people, but they are pretty cool. My dad skied 30+ days out here last winter.

I'm looking forward to having them around- I haven't lived within driving distance of my parents since I was 17.

Looking at cedar shake ain’t brain surgery.

How thin. How much cupping. How much moss etc.

BTW. Wet & Forget is the best thing ever for shingle roof or sidewall.
    Moss and mold is your enemy. Never pressure wash.
    . . .