Page 9 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Any one use Verizon cell service, thinking of changing from att ?
    On the West Side AT&T has better coverage IMO. I have service all over the 'Ghee and surrounding canyons, while my partner with Verizon has like half a bar if she stands on the right ridge.

If you use Gaia GPS they have an overlay of cell coverage for different providers. It's pretty accurate in my experience, and it gives you a good idea of where your blind spots will be.

Yup, Gart sports for the Sniagrab sale; I remember those jap skis, orange with the little demon guy on them?

My Verizon has been flawless for 15+ yrs. Don't have good beta for BC but side doesn't seem to be problematic.

103" on the mountain so far...and full day tickets for Turkey day and Friday are already sold out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prep (2).jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	875.2 KB 
ID:	348819
    Groomers out buffing the ribbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Yup, Gart sports for the Sniagrab sale; I remember those jap skis, orange with the little demon guy on them?
    Exactly. Can’t remember if they had a different name. I think so.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

gotta love talking to a village rep about parking passes selling out or not (the answer i got was no) then going to buy and there’re sold out. gunna have fun wearing the fuck outta my boots walking from the lot out in east jabib

Scorchers.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    ...gunna have fun wearing the fuck outta my boots walking from the lot out in east jibip
    fify

ucandodis easier... switch da road
    ​I am not in your hurry

Opening day at Targhee, over under bets on when they are forced to close again? So much for distancing Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6730.JPG 
Views:	141 
Size:	568.0 KB 
ID:	348928

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

GTLD
    Targhee has taken down the plaza and dreamcatcher web cam. 3:03 idaho time.

It's interesting, whole lot of hate for the 'Ghee on FB right now as well. I have no problem criticizing management there, but I feel like it went pretty dang well.

Mask compliance percentage was much higher than most other local businesses. They were set up well for social distancing, I felt pretty safe, and I've been taking this pandemic thing pretty seriously.

The line looks a lot bigger than usual because the new maze separates people, and spreads them out. I waited for exactly the amount of time I'd expect to wait on any opening day that was bluebird with good snow, which is surprising given that they were loading a lot of doubles and singles instead of filling chairs. Parking was a mess, but that's a given. Line looked a whole lot worse than it felt waiting in it.

The two big failures I saw were pass pickup, we all knew they weren't actually going to manage to mail out all the season passes, and the line for the AC was huge. Stupid, but unsurprising. And then pre-purchased tickets don't do much for the lines if there's not some sort of reloadable card to put them on. Ticket line was huge, whereas if we had a J Card style system people could have loaded before hand and just gone to ski. But people were spread out. And if you show up at 9 on any opening day at any hill in the west and expect to get your pass and go ski without waiting in line, you're delusional.

It was an opening day with incredible weather and shockingly good snow. I skied my first five runs in pretty much the lowest hanging fruit on the hill, and it wasn't getting tracked out until noon. That's nuts.

Pretty sure most of the people hating on Facebook are just mad they had to work and missed out.

No hate for Targhee from me. I give them credit to be the first to open in an unforeseen time of covid. I am just hoping that we all can use skiing for our sanity this year. Cause winter without skiing will push most of us here over the deep end.

Went up early PM and thought it went well. They have the liftys reminding folks on masks. I rode up by myself 3 times and the lines were not the heinous. The usual Targhee tailgating was in full swing. The runs were bony in spots, and they could use some more snow, But, Good Lord, we always need more snow. Right!

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    It's interesting, whole lot of hate for the 'Ghee on FB right now as well. I have no problem criticizing management there, but I feel like it went pretty dang well.

Mask compliance percentage was much higher than most other local businesses. They were set up well for social distancing, I felt pretty safe, and I've been taking this pandemic thing pretty seriously.

The line looks a lot bigger than usual because the new maze separates people, and spreads them out. I waited for exactly the amount of time I'd expect to wait on any opening day that was bluebird with good snow, which is surprising given that they were loading a lot of doubles and singles instead of filling chairs. Parking was a mess, but that's a given. Line looked a whole lot worse than it felt waiting in it.

The two big failures I saw were pass pickup, we all knew they weren't actually going to manage to mail out all the season passes, and the line for the AC was huge. Stupid, but unsurprising. And then pre-purchased tickets don't do much for the lines if there's not some sort of reloadable card to put them on. Ticket line was huge, whereas if we had a J Card style system people could have loaded before hand and just gone to ski. But people were spread out. And if you show up at 9 on any opening day at any hill in the west and expect to get your pass and go ski without waiting in line, you're delusional.

It was an opening day with incredible weather and shockingly good snow. I skied my first five runs in pretty much the lowest hanging fruit on the hill, and it wasn't getting tracked out until noon. That's nuts.

Pretty sure most of the people hating on Facebook are just mad they had to work and missed out.
    Nice write up. I thought with the ticket reservation system they would have figured out a way to have customers print out tickets which would then allow them to avoid the mess at the ticket line.

Back in March when the resort closed Teton county authorities came out and gave all of us grief for congregating in the plaza before and after touring up the mountain, they threatened to shut the gates if we didn’t distance, we are talking about a couple dozen people at the most on the busiest day, remember this was at a time when there were literally only maybe a dozen is so active cases total on both sides of the Tetons. Now there are maybe a couple hundred active cases and both counties are in high or critical, you think the Teton county Wyoming authorities are going to say anything about this? Probably not! Yeah I’m bummed I didn’t get a pass this year, missing the Trap already and I’m not hating on those that did, I’ll just tour everyday instead of 3 days a week, happy for everyone who puts skis on their feet, just think it’s only a matter of time before they are forced to shut it down again.

A couple dozen people at Targhee at most last March? Surely you jest.

In other news, brought my newborn son home today, and am thinking about sneaking out to pick up my Ghee pass and sneak a couple runs in tomorrow. I put the over under on my wife allowing that at about 20 percent. Ski ya later!

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

In other news, brought my newborn son home today, and am thinking about sneaking out to pick up my Ghee pass and sneak a couple runs in tomorrow. I put the over under on my wife allowing that at about 20 percent. Ski ya later!
    Congrats papa!
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Think I’ll wind up at GT on Sunday myself, literally cannot wait

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post

Let’s just hope he gets his mothers looks and politics!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Terrific day at the Ghee was had - as Cy mentioned above even tho the lines looked long on the webcams it was pretty much the same wait as before Covid due to 1/3 of the maze just being strung out into 2 lanes per side. Masks were in full effect with zero non-compliance witnessed and the lifties and all were genuinely stoked to be working. And yes, the 1 one big fail was the Season Pass pickup - even tho our waivers and photos were all done online -they were not mailed out as described and we had a lovely 1+ hour wait when I showed up at 11:15 to pick them up at the activity ctr. Stoked and GRATEFUL for the 'ghee in pulling off an exceptional season opener.

If you need bootfittin on the Idaho side I can't recommend Kasey (formerly at skinny skis) at Habitat enough. I still won't let them touch a pair of my skis but Kasey has done a bang up job on my touring and inbounds boots. Highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    If you need bootfittin on the Idaho side I can't recommend Kasey (formerly at skinny skis) at Habitat enough. I still won't let them touch a pair of my skis but Kasey has done a bang up job on my touring and inbounds boots. Highly recommended.
    Good to know! I have a pair of AT boots that I really need to get some work done on. And there just doesn’t seem to be anyone around here that I feel confident enough to take them to and we are headed back to Swan Valley tomorrow for a few months.

Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Seconded. I had a great experience getting some touring boots set up with Kasey this year. I bought online (habitat isn't carrying Zero Gs this year) and paid by the punch and for a heat mold. Kasey really knows his stuff and was great to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Seconded. I had a great experience getting some touring boots set up with Kasey this year. I bought online (habitat isn't carrying Zero Gs this year) and paid by the punch and for a heat mold. Kasey really knows his stuff and was great to work with.
    He did my Zero G's last year and they're fantastic. Kinda sounds like that was his jam at Skinny Skis.

Congratulations Adironrider!!!!
    That's awesome, a mini-Adi.

You'll get your turns in, one way or another. We'll ski ya...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Good news on the 'Ghee front cuz that pic was tough to look at. Ya know GT is so far off the WYO map that I doubt they're activities will influence a state mandate. Hard sayin though.

Also excellent beta on the bootfitter. Man that's the kind of info that's worth it's weight in gold.
    We lost our local in house bootfitter this summer to a cycling accident and most of the other loc fitters I find to be expensive for the haughty attitude they push. Even the ones I've known for years, kinda like some fishing guides I know...
    Sooo thankful I had Skiing-in-Jackson dial in my boots last spring. Lucky that way...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name:  k2 vintage.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  132.0 KB
    When graphics mattered; lotsa delams in this generation.
    Found a good pic of the Morrisons, some Scorchers and Stuntmans.
    Got my first pair of K2 Fours from a mtn. ops worker who got some race room builds, then didn't like them. $100 with about 5 days on them.
    That era of design was changing everyone's skiing skillset.
    The Kreitler's were my faves by far though in a 204cm.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    FKNA - EoB set me off first thing yesterday morning with the news of sold out parking passes. Only by pulling a handful of strings did I manage to get mine. It was supposed to be a sure thing but they tried to backpedal on me. Wasn't gonna be having that.

3 keys to the village: full pass, parking pass, some insurance.

I had a pair of the Stuntmen. Actually had a beautiful girl in a bar chat me up over them...

Do you know if they carry a range of Intuition touring liners?

This thread needs more stoke!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8658.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	349123

Big ups to whoever put the skin track up SBB and Scotty's.

I went into Habitat four weeks ago trying to find Intuition touring liners. It did not go well. Long story short, I ended up buying them from evo, who actually shipped them to me on time. I believe Peaked has some Intuitions, just not the ones I needed, and I'd trust any of their boot fitters as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8658.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	349122