Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 2624
    Huh, yeah, I wouldn't be the judge of that. But you go girl.
    Those 2 cats are stone cold killers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Yeah CS, we had a vhs tape of the race that we'd play out to the tv on the tram dock, Serious hooting for that, pointing it down 4S then banking hard left to rocket beneath the face. Some guys tomahawked going sideways beneath the cliffies. Which meant they were cartwheeling in a downward curve. All on 204+cm GSers.
    Fucking intense. Hell, I think he hiked the ridge in his ski boots. Then click in and bang a cooler, daaaang.
    Lev was the manimal for years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JS -word up mag!
    Ya know as far as I can tell, they have fairly well adjusted. It can't be easy but their's is an uncommonly unique family. Completely self supporting and prepared to roll with the punches. We talked briefly about SIJ today, Not too much tho.

I'm not sure what is going on here, but how did Buttah end up in the Jackson Hole thread?

and what's with the ~~~~~ things and strange lingo?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Slow day at the shop, just busting chops, but seriously, that is officially the gayest picture I’ve ever seen. Which is totally cool!
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post

and what's with the ~~~~~ things and strange lingo?
    Think of it as a soup break.

He could be right, I dunno. I'm not generally the judgy type.

On the other hand the dude on the left is one of only a few who have leapt from inside the tram car out, stuck the landing, and skied away. For yet another skicorp PR photo shoot.

Soups on.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Slow day at the shop, just busting chops, but seriously, that is officially the gayest picture I’ve ever seen. Which is totally cool!
    Yeah, I know what you mean. A slow day for me too so I was hanging out in the ECRC and then saw this. I may have to check in here more often.

Are those two guys Mexicans? Someone told me they ski out west sometimes.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Harry, I may just fix those delams for ya, if that werks.
    sounds good. Thanks !

Ski the the heck out of them and let me know how they do.

Schwerty: I have your address from back in the day, I will throw a check in the mail to you.

Djongo: same thing, I have your address, if you need to get a pro involved in the repair I will send you $$$.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by Harry; 02-16-2021 at 05:14 PM.
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    I just spoke to JH ticket office. BS passholders do not get any type of ability to buy tix at JH on sold out days. Was gonna try to ski Monday the 22nd.

Friend from JH was just up here at BS and walked into the ticket office and they just gave her a free ticket lol. Add that to the BS typical shit show file.

Quote Originally Posted by homemadesalsa View Post
    New knee in April makes it pain-free finally. What relief and now I can enjoy the season this is becoming.

... (and your photos @upallnight )
    Thank you. And glad to hear about the new knee.

Ran into you last on bikes this fall (You were finishing up a large loop in the Big Holes; DS & I were just getting started on the same one, maybe opposite direction)...

I'm on the same trajectory for a new knee.

Obligatory pic of my buddy:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A3552.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	363300

Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll almost guarantee the snow machine shuts off when I visit mid March. Get those pow days now boys and girls, I'm sure it'll rain the day I show up!

I cannot wait for a return to chasing storms without the need for reservations. Sigh.

Baby Bear - is yer fella working the mic this year?
    he is. t'was looking like tomorrow but now shifted to Thursday which is looking like a better viz day

SkiJ, my man, thanks for your Irie drop. You bring a breath of fresh air into this occasionally stinky locker room of maggotry. We will anxiously anticipate a Cameo appearance from you at next years BBMSummitJH22.
    It's been 4 years since the BabyBear Invitational. Methinks next season mags will need a Throwdown. We need ya!!
    I think we are going to have a bash and a half next season. never realized how much I like people until I couldn't hang out with them lol.
    kooks get your skymiles lined up

glad EoB got the spatulas. we were talking about having a spatula day

Hope everyone is hanging in there. can't wait to ski ya

edit to add that I was cracking up over cyd's ski valentines too in case you haven't seen. he's got multiple talents
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CLRlahGF...on_share_sheet

I think my favorite was "Are you resort food? because I want to spend all my money on you"
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Well I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'll almost guarantee the snow machine shuts off when I visit mid March. Get those pow days now boys and girls, I'm sure it'll rain the day I show up!

I cannot wait for a return to chasing storms without the need for reservations. Sigh.
    March can be great. and usually crowds waay taper off. we shall see this yr but it can be good powder and/ or more consolidated snow from warmer days/ spring snow. both fun!
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Thank you. And glad to hear about the new knee.

Ran into you last on bikes this fall (You were finishing up a large loop in the Big Holes; DS & I were just getting started on the same one, maybe opposite direction)...

I'm on the same trajectory for a new knee.

Ah right, of course. Too bad we didn't make that connection that day on Horseshoe. I love riding deep in the Bigholes on a long-anticipated sufferfest. "If you ain't hikin, you ain't mountain bikin!" New knee took a while to get my power back, but it's back for sure. Such a relief. And you been getting out w Senor Meeelair- he washed dishes at the Moose one of the years I was a salad girl. Ha!

Enjoy the skiing friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    I just spoke to JH ticket office. BS passholders do not get any type of ability to buy tix at JH on sold out days. Was gonna try to ski Monday the 22nd.

Friend from JH was just up here at BS and walked into the ticket office and they just gave her a free ticket lol. Add that to the BS typical shit show file.
    Add to the ticket shit show, two college buddies who were here (JH) a few weeks back with their Ikon passes, and didn’t reserve dates because they were told by JHMR and Ikon they didn’t need to, had their Ikons shut off for the next month for not reserving dates at JHMR.

Also, earlier this year if a date as blacked out, you had an ikon pass, and wanted to use a buddy pass on a blacked out day, it was fine. Now you can’t use buddy passes or ski on black out dates with out a reservation.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

One thing after the other here. Popped a hernia moving something the other day. Getting fixed Monday. Really bummed, prolly moving straight to fishing after that if I can get some pass money back. Rooting for you all. All this powder isn't going to track itself.
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Made it up the ghee by 2pm today and squeezed in 2 Mary’s laps. Let’s just say it was easily some of the deepest turns had off the boot pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well shit. I have a bunch of PMs re the skis.
    Telleee was first on the F 99’s
    DJ/Harry have the W99

Boots still here for the takin!

On a more important important note, Pass parking was slightly easier today. Took the older kid for a spin after school. Had some cracks run on E SE aspects. Nothing propagated. I am happy to elaborate but it’s bedtime now.

To the guy that recognized the Change sticker on my daughters helmet on the OPR this evening...high 5! She acknowledged “change” comment before I did!

After finishing the late night drive back, I can safely say that was one of the best visits I’ve had to the Tetons in a long time.

The stoke from the previous week’s storm cycle left me convinced that I’d miscalculated again by not going over Super Bowl weekend. Thankfully Ullr provided, gifting JH and the ‘Ghee with delightfully deep snowfall that skied like a dream throughout the past week.

Phones and cameras stayed (rightfully) in our pockets most of the day, but we managed to sneak a few shots later in the day amidst the chop:

Name:	IMG_0276.JPG 
Views:	91 
Size:	167.6 KB 
ID:	363356

Name:	IMG_0275.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	184.8 KB 
ID:	363357

Name:	IMG_0277.JPG 
Size:	147.6 KB 
ID:	363358

Name:	IMG_0278.JPG 
Size:	143.5 KB 
ID:	363359

Almost better than the snow was my wife-to-be popping her deep powder cherry. Being from the grand state of Vermont, this was a real special experience for her, and she took advantage of every turn until her legs could stand no more:

Name:	IMG_0279.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	148.6 KB 
ID:	363362

Name:	IMG_0280.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	363360

Name:	IMG_0282.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	363361

Name:	IMG_0281.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	363363

And as always, you have to give special respect for the valley locals:

Name:	IMG_0274.JPG 
Views:	88 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	363364

Djongo- my sincere apologies for not being able to hook up with you while we were here. Just wasn’t in the cards this go-around with the timing. There is still a chance I might make it back down before the season is over, and I’ll hit you up if it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    March can be great. and usually crowds waay taper off. we shall see this yr but it can be good powder and/ or more consolidated snow from warmer days/ spring snow. both fun!
    That's what I'll hope for. There is a near zero chance it'll suck so I'll roll with those odds.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post

edit to add that I was cracking up over cyd's ski valentines too in case you haven't seen. he's got multiple talents
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CLRlahGF...on_share_sheet

I think my favorite was "Are you resort food? because I want to spend all my money on you"
    Thanks! I was stoked those seemed to resonate.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post
    Thanks! I was stoked those seemed to resonate.
    Those would make great cards that could be sold at shops.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

King and Queens question.

They close Corbett's two(?) weeks prior to let it fill in and then shape. Plus a 1 week window for the competition. Am I correct on that?

So in the future I should avoid Feb if I want to be able to hit it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Jackson Hole is the most disingenuous liars in the ski industry. I don't know how you guys get away with year after year after year comparing in a big visible chart in a marketing like fashion all over your website your SUMMIT snowfall totals compared to everyone else's BASE snowfall totals (especially when many of those resorts have data for their summit snowfalls as well). I don't know how you guys have not been sued yet by other resorts for basically lying about their snowfalls relative to yours. I think it is a really bad look for JH when they have to constantly lie about snowfall. I can't wait until JH starts including European resorts in their marketing campaigns; "JH gets 600 inches of snow a year while Verbier only gets 20 (TWENTY) inches!".

Quote Originally Posted by Kevintheskier View Post
    Jackson Hole is the most disingenuous liars in the ski industry. I don't know how you guys get away with year after year after year comparing in a big visible chart in a marketing like fashion all over your website your SUMMIT snowfall totals compared to everyone else's BASE snowfall totals (especially when many of those resorts have data for their summit snowfalls as well). I don't know how you guys have not been sued yet by other resorts for basically lying about their snowfalls relative to yours. I think it is a really bad look for JH when they have to constantly lie about snowfall. I can't wait until JH starts including European resorts in their marketing campaigns; "JH gets 600 inches of snow a year whole Verbier only gets 20 (TWENTY) inches!".
    You forgot to mention dubious inclusion of autumn snowfall which is arguably long gone. Can't deny the relative goodness the past half decade though

Edit:
    Not sure why but I just checked the other sites and the JHMR numbers match what the other mountains are reporting. Not sure why they'd report snowfall at the base, do you know that they do that?
    Last edited by kokomas; 02-17-2021 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Fact check
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

^^^ buttahflake alias.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters