Page 60 of 105 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2624
    Djongo thanks for taking the time to take a couple laps with my family today. Super chill, felt comfortable hanging with you right away. You're a true mag in every sense. Wish we'd made it sooner.

Ended up dropping back down after a few laps up high and demoing some Rustlers and Enforcers for the $10 an hour demo thing at Casper. Enforcers won the slush busting fun factor contest. Rustlers definitely easier to smear.

Puppy stoke.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Ha! The little one is nicknamed Jaws at the moment. Puppy teeth. Fml. My parents have the cabin next door and are newly fully vaccinated so they watched him and are enjoying some f2f family time with us...finally.

Should have pinged EOB. Figured he'd be there today but just too many unknowns with how our day would go. Had some laps with him last year at Taos until I couldn't keep up anymore and it has been fun reading about him making his JH dreams happen.
    Stoked you were able to make it out here! That’s one hell of a road trip. Hopefully get a chance to ski with ya next season under more certain circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post

my sources in poky have said the trails aren't ready (~5 days ago). has that changed? was a pretty solid snow year in poky...........

soon......
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    EOB- heard Pocatello was still not quite there. But also saw your note about maybe getting a summer targhee pass and fwiw I think that’s a good idea for you coming from IF area. It’s closer for you and the riding there is really fun imo.
    The trails are more techy xc/dh than the usual lift access and the trails are really long. You could actually keep in decent riding shape riding those lifts. They’ve also added some good machine made jump trails so you can get your fix of that too. Definitely plan to visit us at the JH bike park this summer too but if I were closer to targhee I would ride there way more
    That’s exactly what I’ve heard as well, sounds like a couple more weeks assuming high and dry conditions.

I’m full on pumped for riding season. Biking was a much larger passion of mine growing up than skiing and I’ve fallen out of it over the past few years. Definitely leaning hard toward the Targhee pass. We actually had a bad ass bike park pretty close to home in NJ, formerly Diablo now Mountain Creek. Will be interested to see how Targhee stacks up

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    Djongo thanks for taking the time to take a couple laps with my family today. Super chill, felt comfortable hanging with you right away. You're a true mag in every sense. Wish we'd made it sooner.

Ended up dropping back down after a few laps up high and demoing some Rustlers and Enforcers for the $10 an hour demo thing at Casper. Enforcers won the slush busting fun factor contest. Rustlers definitely easier to smear.

Puppy stoke.

That's a great pic of the pup in front of The Grand. Funny how the big peak is obscured.
    Those of you that know the rocks... nice little relief of Teepee's Pillar and The Worshipper and Idol towers, yes?

Enjoyed meeting and skiing a coupla laps with you guys today. It was truly a pleasure.
    I consider folks like you as the perfect target for this place. Plug n play skiers. Just go get after it. My favorite kind.
    Your girl is def a charger, the Mrs. Um seemed to be right there every time we stopped,ready to roll; and Uglymoney makes a helluva turn. Nice, smooth and solid GS'ers.
    You didn't learn that in Iowa didja?

A few more chairs, before you go...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Thought I saw Xtine today...I'm searching.

Lindenle - let's turn and burn soon. It's corn saison.

Suits - Dangit, I coulda turned witcha. He said he had already zoomed that run about 5 times. I spun in today for a final lap onto the midstop and he was there so I joined him for the ride. We talked about turn radius and how in 2" of corn you can make any ski turn whatever radius you want. I was on a 22m and he was on a 26m yet I was GSing and he was SLing. Typical...
    Lev, the ski tip nibbler.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-18-2021 at 06:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    That’s exactly what I’ve heard as well, sounds like a couple more weeks assuming high and dry conditions.

I’m full on pumped for riding season. Biking was a much larger passion of mine growing up than skiing and I’ve fallen out of it over the past few years. Definitely leaning hard toward the Targhee pass. We actually had a bad ass bike park pretty close to home in NJ, formerly Diablo now Mountain Creek. Will be interested to see how Targhee stacks up
    As we get closer to the biking season feel free to hit us up for a place to stay, we have plenty of room.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    I like that we live in a small enough town where this happens.
    Last summer after fishing Flat Creek, I was somewhere near Rexburg when I realized I left my 3 weight on the fence.
    I turned around drove all the way back and it wasn’t there.
    I left and kept driving because I was supposed to be in Dillon that night. On a recommendation, I contacted the police. They called me the next day to say they saw an ad in the paper that someone had posted saying they had found, (my), rod. I called the guy and left a message. He called me back, and we coordinated to have the rod left at the Orvis shop. I drove all the way back and picked it up and left him a gift certificate.

pretty cool
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

I am always conflicted when I see things people have left at trailheads. One, I want to help them get it back (and keep someone else with bad intent from grabbing it), Two, I don’t want to mess them up if they remember, go back, and it’s gone, and we don’t get in touch.
    (Good!) First World Problems to have!

Edit: I just thought of this, maybe I’ll start leaving notes on the nearest thing I can attach it to?

Oh, and don’t forget Trash And Treasure!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Thanks gtid, appreciate it! I’m sure you’ve got some fun trails around your place as well, would be cool to link up for a few trail days

Has anyone have any luck registering for vaccine shots here in IF? I was going to go that route but found out yesterday I’ll be able to get the vaccine through my workplace. I have a friend that is trying to get the vaccine at Walmart but not sure what to tell them as far as signing up. Is it as easy as just picking up the phone? And they are only doing Idaho residents?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

For me, the only thing worse than hearing Fish on KMTN, would have been hearing Holly Danner on KMTN...Christ, she used to take some horrendous verbal beatdowns every morning on the jobsite.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    EoB - holla at UaN, he may have some insight for the Idaho best approach.
    I just went and got jabbed a coupla hours ago. Micro needles rule.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``

Skiing is pretty damn good right now. Seems like following the corn harvest across the face of the vill is the tack to take now. Still carvy in the shade too.
    Took a few laps with Skibrd today, thanks for snagging me dude. I needed some company. You and the special lady friend were digging on the cornycorn too methinks. Good turns...

Appreciate your compliment on wordsmithing; I try to make a lap in here appealing to the outside world.

From the beginning, Pepi Stiegler was our ski school Director. He was also the best skier on the mountain for many years. He earned tons of respect and love from the locals. And ran a ship tighter than a drum.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pepi.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	236.3 KB 
ID:	367896

Hey Buster, this one's for you...Our summer ski camp alumnus!

Name:	Pepi1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	367897

I think he skied on Kneissl's back then...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Suits - Dangit, I coulda turned witcha. He said he had already zoomed that run about 5 times. I spun in today for a final lap onto the midstop and he was there so I joined him for the ride. We talked about turn radius and how in 2" of corn you can make any ski turn whatever radius you want. I was on a 22m and he was on a 26m yet I was GSing and he was SLing. Typical...
    Lev, the ski tip nibbler.
    Alright, Djongo - I should probably know this, but what are your distinguishing characteristics?

Mrs. Suit & I are both in yellow (but not matching) Arcteryx. I have a very bright red mask as well. We've been skiing Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays. Maybe Sunday if the junk show dissipates. Early start and generally out by 11:00 - 11:30.

We got vaccinated a couple hours after you. Saw another 50+ mag there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Alright, Djongo - I should probably know this, but what are your distinguishing characteristics?
    Oh my god what a question. I feel like this could be a thread all by itself.

Can I start?

- Perma smile/grin
    - Knit hat
    - very fast freshly waxed skis
    -

Who’s next?

i always think theoden king of rohan when I see DJ

https://images.app.goo.gl/ctCGPA46cBVye2DR6

but with an airforce patch instead of the fancy brooch
    skid luxury

Old skool headphones
    Decisions Decisions

Hey Buster, this one's for you...Our summer ski camp alumnus!

Name:	Pepi1.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	277.1 KB 
ID:	367897

I think he skied on Kneissl's back then...
    Pepi Stiegler, Ferdl Fettig (Ferdl's sterile), Corky Fowler, Dave Durrance, Scott Pyles.
    Lots of prototype JetStix.
    Seven Levels long gone.
    I think it was 1969.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

usually in a puffy

red is for cold/storm days iirc

more often black

That question just makes me smile, pretty much laughing...

Mags that know me in real life are thinking up words right now.
    First characteristics that came to mind were Surly, contemptuous, cynical; but hell, that's most locals at the village. Ask Lev, dare I say that.
    For reelz tho, red pants and hat, many jackets, been going spring styles lately. My pass is on a lanyard with a handful of elk ivories dangling on my left side. Usually small headphones and bopping if alone.

We must be in close proximity cuz we're out about the same times. I been jamming on the sun and corn cycle. But we still seem to be close to capacity most days. Today was def slower than yesterday. Damn fine skiing but dangitall, some of the folks seem dumber than shit. Actually rode a few distanced chairs with some really cool peeps today too. That german gal needed more interrogation and potential probing for skillz. She was kicking those new kastles around like nobody's biz.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My knee feels like it's getting closer to full normalcy. I still gotta get outta this season intact but I sure have been happier this year, being able to ski harder.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey 2bJenny - remember we were talking about the 'Jackson Turn'? You said your friend explained it to you back in the day.
    I been ruminating on that for a while now.
    Anyone else know what I'm referring to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Glad to have gotten the shot today. Glad we're ALL getting it.
    Quickest path to normalcy. i wanna ski and play with my friends comfortably again.
    I know it doesn't make me impervious but just a step in the right direction after a year long holding pattern feels good.

double edit: I'm laughing tears looking at that Theoden picture.

I always wear a pin but rarely fly the patch. I prefer to keep the colors on the down low; But every day I ski, I have a patch with me.
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-18-2021 at 09:19 PM. Reason: 3 mags chime in before me... My friends

^very nice

you can always tell if he is in the Casper lodge for meet up because even on a crowded day his skis are all alone

Exploring the town hill with my family the last couple days. I'm a sucker for icy bumps with dirt troughs. And some corn. Beautiful views!

Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

About DJ ...... always up for a safety meeting
    Fast and super smooth skier
    Puffy , knit hat, aesthetic looking chain hanging near pocket
    Just a great human being
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    i always think theoden king of rohan when I see DJ

https://images.app.goo.gl/ctCGPA46cBVye2DR6

but with an airforce patch instead of the fancy brooch
    Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Old skool headphones
    That’s my memory.

Knew him for a few decades but never said one word. Just fellow tram riders. He was always locked into some sweet tunes.

I think Djongo needs to ditch the AirPods and go old school beats headphones, just so he looks like the good old days.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Has anyone have any luck registering for vaccine shots here in IF? I was going to go that route but found out yesterday I’ll be able to get the vaccine through my workplace. I have a friend that is trying to get the vaccine at Walmart but not sure what to tell them as far as signing up. Is it as easy as just picking up the phone? And they are only doing Idaho residents?
    Register here:
    http://walmart.com/covidvaccine

They're not likely to care/check your eligibility, other than Idaho residency.

Not sure how it is running in IF, but if you decide you can swing to Rexburg, go there one late afternoon — walk not to the check-in area but to the place where they are administering the shots. Tell them your friend told you they are often looking for people to give shots to toward the end of the day as each vial is 10 doses and they have 6h in which to use them. If they don't have any that day, ask if they'll take your number to give you a 1h heads-up. (They specifically told me they maintain a list, but it's basically THAT person keeping it.)

I don't think you'll get anywhere by calling. IF locations may have something similar going on.

Good luck!

It's sad to me that doses are going to waste. I realize the queuing system (1a/1b/1c/etc) makes sense in locations *where demand exceeds supply*. It feels like supply per capita is constant across the country while demand varies widely.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Exploring the town hill with my family the last couple days. I'm a sucker for icy bumps with dirt troughs. And some corn. Beautiful views!
    Sunsets have been off the chain. Bellyroll from the top to the first switchback has been the best spot on the mountain — chalky bumps and the troughs are not traps.

EoB - holla at UaN, he may have some insight for the Idaho best approach.
    Posted above in case it helps more people.

Today was a good day to cross the lake and ski a peak. If you zoom in you can see my buddy crossing behind me.

Name:	7F5A6221b.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	367967

Alright, Djongo... what are your distinguishing characteristics?

​I am not in your hurry

Thanks for the laughs and nice words. Funny what mags remember.

For the record, I been on the tune train since i had a cassette walkman. Almost killed myself pointing the Grand whilst attempting to turn up the volume. Smashed that to bits on the Quad and then accidentally dropped it under the chair. My friends went from 'why is he so mad to well, he's skiing down there next to pick up his shit.' Literally a grimace to a grin in about 3 seconds.

Now I'm hi tek with my mini disc player...

I wear the headphones because earbuds suck for skiing; hurt your ears, function as earplugs and too hard to adjust in flight. With those low profile over the top ones i can have them on/off my ear in a touch. can listen to music and people at the same time.
    I sure as fuck don't care if peeps are giggling about them.
    Years ago, I broke a pair and swung by Kmart first thing for a replacement pair. They only had the bigger ones, so I bought them. They sounded so loud , deep and rich that I kept them for a season or two. That was the real DJ look, coulda been spinning vinyl on the dock...
    I am hyper aware of my surroundings when I ski/listen. Look over my shoulder about every 2 turns unless fast and even then I'm sniffing for trouble.
    It's 'cuz of all the safety meetings.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MBB - my friend! mag I was thinking on you just the other day; sure would like to spend some more time turning with you. Consider coming out next winter, would love to treat ya man.

UaN - I will pursue your af request. That's a tough row to hoe and I got no spares on the triangle.
    DavyWavy was trying to give me some pins the other day but it involved going into the ski school locker room. I feel like an old lion in a den of young hyenas in there.
    Another sweet shot of the north central Tetons. That's a long ways mags...

Gepeto - there ya go. That's me in a cartoon fosho. Thanks again for the stickers, They're getting distributed proper like. Hope to ski you soon as well my friend.

Koko, I thought you were out for the season, glad you're getting a little recreating in.

Icy bumps and dirty troughs was funny. You can almost see my pad in that shot.
    Gonna put in a gondola up Exhibition liftline this summer. That'll change skiing the King forever.

That question just makes me smile, pretty much laughing...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey 2bJenny - remember we were talking about the 'Jackson Turn'? You said your friend explained it to you back in the day.
    I been ruminating on that for a while now.
    Anyone else know what I'm referring to?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Glad to have gotten the shot today. Glad we're ALL getting it.
    Quickest path to normalcy. i wanna ski and play with my friends comfortably again.
    I know it doesn't make me impervious but just a step in the right direction after a year long holding pattern feels good.
    LOL - That was the first thing I had to learn when I first came out to JH. Must have been almost 18 yrs ago? I was still such a beginner (still am). I convinced by best friend from grad school to come out here for a week. I was living in MA at the time and working at the Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge. I think that trip we never left AV and were completely enthralled. First thing I had to learn was to get off those high edges and learn the schmear. Fell in love with the area and started to travel out once a year - graduated to Casper, then Thunder and up. Was determined to find a job out here. The whole region reminds me so much of where I grew up, except its not hot or humid and there aren't bugs. After 10 years in MA, I drove across the country to start a new job and discovered Targhee too. That was the winter of 2010/11 - what a great year!

Not a big deal to most folks here, but I was super stoked the first time I hiked the headwall a few years ago and skied in to Casper from that little chute, Beartooth? I'm still not a very confident skier - I just need to get miles and time under my feet. The last two years with work haven't panned out the way I hoped they would. I have a good friend that teaches mostly privates and uppers and he tells me if I would just get out my own head and get miles, I have the ability to ski just about anything on the mountain. Ha! Hopefully next season if/when my assistant gets back from being deployed, I'll get the time.

Was going to try to head over end of next week to get at least one more day in, but I've been putting in extra time to help in the early mornings before I need to be in the office plus scored an appointment for my first shot at the end of the week. Not sure I will make it back over. If it was any other year, I'd be pretty bummed. We opened some of our range roads to get ready for chicken counts and the snow is almost gone from the lower desert. I've been so lazy since last fall, now I'm struggling to get myself back in to running to get ready for the Beaverhead 55k this summer from Lemhi Pass to Salmon.

UM - Such a cute pup!!!!
    Last edited by 2bjenny; 03-19-2021 at 10:21 AM. Reason: spelling