Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Holy shit what a day at the Ghee. Morning skied great, by the afternoon it was dumping and filling everything in for refills. Hiked Peaked. Getting down from the summit to our line was like thigh deep. Had some waste deep turns coming down our line. Man, I hope they never put a lift up to the top.
    Did the reverse pow day from noon to 4 and it didn’t disappoint. Don’t think I’ve ever seen lines that long at 330 before but folks were respectful and on their best behavior. I’m shot after 3 days of touring and the ghee today. Thank god for 48 hours of work to recover. Kevo shoot a PM if ya ever want make some turns.

DJ I muttered Fucking Schoolers to a group in line behind me who were bitching about their early tram and privates tomorrow. Half the group laughed, the other half didn’t know what to think. All is right in the Tetons.
    Last edited by snapt; 02-15-2021 at 08:19 PM.

Fucking schoolers.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Holy shit what a day at the Ghee. Morning skied great, by the afternoon it was dumping and filling everything in for refills. Hiked Peaked. Getting down from the summit to our line was like thigh deep. Had some waste deep turns coming down our line. Man, I hope they never put a lift up to the top.
    The PM was toothsome and delightsome. Refills for all.

Aaaahhhh, there's the great Stokie MacStokins!!!

Nice vibe friends...

Makes my heart sing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Todays schooler shutdown was for the dude from Tuscaloosa. Who the fuck wants to go to JH Wyoming, only to be taught by 22 yr. old 'Bama.

Oh, I was mouthy today to them bastages, they genuinely suck compared to the once raging super skiers that filled their ranks. A few remain...but they don't fuck up. Much.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~``
    It's been snowing nearly an inch an hour at the village all day. 4" since closing. Gwanna be soft in the morning, Irie mon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Sad news about the Boarder death in the treewell in Grizzly Glade. I wasn't even sure where that was. Treed zone skiers right of Crags run proper. Big area, kinda quiet and lots of trees. Above far Moran face.
    Ski smart, get safe.

DJ - Telee has the F99.
    Text or call if you want the W99

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

No pics, hardly any words for a 2000' pass lap this afternoon. Fast flowy deep, me and a good friend, 2 hounds, no other people, no tracks. That's why I live here.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Todays schooler shutdown...
    I can normally decode the slang around here via context but I can't figure out "schooler".

What is a schooler?

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

the once raging super skiers that filled their ranks. A few remain...but they don't fuck up. Much.
    Mrs. Suit & I bumped into Lever at Thunder Thursday AM. We skied with him for a couple hours & then we all bailed before noon because crowds. The shit show affects us all.

But, but, but. Quality vs. quantity this season. It's all bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Vise View Post
    I can normally decode the slang around here via context but I can't figure out "schooler".

What is a schooler?

Newschooler - park rats

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Newschooler - park rats

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Wrong, it’s ski school. Djongo giving shit to some kid he deems unworthy for just doing his job and being from the Deep South.
    He’s the coolest
    crab in my shoe mouth

Ghee was spectacular yesterday!

Truth be told, I've skied Jackson a total of 1 day this year. 45 minute waits to ski Thunder while bros breath down your neck is some bs I just can't handle. (I do miss me some mushies though).

This new kiddo must be wearing off on me, I've come to the realization I'm never going to be first for anything now, so the laid back vibes are my goal and the ghee has it in spades. I didn't wait in a lift line until 11am, on Presidents day.

PS, I totally dig three cocktail lunches while skiing now.
    Live Free or Die

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    DJ - Telee has the F99.

And DJ, if you want to take the F99's out for some laps feel free, I wont get to them until to late to ski them this year.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    Ghee was spectacular yesterday!

PS, I totally dig three cocktail lunches while skiing now.
    IT’S A TRAP!

Heh.
    I crack myself up...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    DJ - Telee has the F99.

Hey Schwerty,

I will take those W99’s. I’m back in Wisconsin right now helping my Mom with her health issues, so give them to Djongo for now and I will pick them up from him later in the season.

If I remember correctly, you, me, & Djongo all have the same BSL so should be ez. I’ve never skied a DPS, I look forward to a report from him.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Hey Schwerty,

I will take those W99’s. I’m back in Wisconsin right now helping my Mom with her health issues, so give them to Djongo for now and I will pick them up from him later in the season.

If I remember correctly, you, me, & Djongo all have the same BSL so should be ez. I’ve never skied a DPS, I look forward to a report from him.

Sounds like we need a ski exchange / fishing day
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by The Suit View Post
    Mrs. Suit & I bumped into Lever at Thunder
    How’s he doing? I guess his son must be 25 or so now? (I’ve hired him as an instructor many times after meeting him at a steep camp, and then mtn. biked w/ him in Molokai.)
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    Sounds like we need a ski exchange / fishing day
    Fuck yeah !

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    How’s he doing? I guess his son must be 25 or so now? (I’ve hired him as an instructor many times after meeting him at a steep camp, and then mtn. biked w/ him in Molokai.)
    He's good. Hunkered down for the Covid, but still figuring all the angles to work the lift lines and find the best snow texture. He is as unique as ever.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Wrong, it’s ski school. Djongo giving shit to some kid he deems unworthy for just doing his job and being from the Deep South.
    He’s the coolest
    You are correct on the schooler def. At a slight stoke disadvantage to DJ though
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    You are correct on the schooler def. At a slight stoke disadvantage to DJ though
    I said he was the coolest
    Take a lap
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    He’s the coolest
    So, an example of how to use "schooler" could be something like:
    "Go back to ski school you sister fucking redneck schooler!"

Thanks for coaching me up. Can't wait to roast someone this weekend!

The ski schooler in question was sliding up and busting a move in front of about 10 chairs of skiers and never even asked if they might slide in politely.
    And schoolers always skip 3 chairs before asking to slide in.
    That's how we do it at the Big One. Manners maketh the man. Or we gun ya down; at least verbally these days.
    Read Snapt's comment further back. And Woolly's... It makes the universe align. They know.

Dink.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lever and I were kinda ski pards for about 5 years. We're a little too alpha to roll permanently but man can we really get going on people. For an Emeritus Schooler now, he can crack on them with the best of us.
    And so much learning from him; he can turn anywhere, anywhere. I arguably changed my big mountain style due to skiing with him. More turns, less storming the Castle.
    Pursuing the best turns on the hill at anytime and skifficiency are paramount with us both to the point of obnoxiousness. Luckily we tempered that with a lot of safety meetings. Lots and Lots.

If I remember correctly, Lev won the Ironskier competition; ask him about that sometime.
    Start from the top of Four Shadows, shoot across beneath Pucker face, Hike up the ridge, then Corbets, Lonnies, and the the GV's to the base.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LevSchnit.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	363280
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We'll get those dps' to everyone fosho. Just interested in a diff flavor here and there and the skiing's good so now's the time. Harry, I may just fix those delams for ya, if that werks.
    Thanks Teleee, I could be down for some turns on the other ones too. Wheee!

I'm not sure any of you want to ski on any of my plankers. But ya could...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Kokomas, when are we skiing? Cripes It seems like forever ago.
    Are you officially on ski schedule now.
    Holla anytime...

Sure would like to meet the Suits some day...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Skiing is so Choice right now. Still finding boot deep all over and thigh to hip pillows in the stashes.
    Mrs. Skiing-in-Jackson showed me her line in Grizzly Glades today and it may have been the last 2 acres blown in for 50 knee deep turns. I can see how that poor fella died in there. Pretty stout skiing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That might be the gayest picture ever.
    Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
    Party on Cowboys!
    crab in my shoe mouth

If I remember correctly, Lev won the Ironskier competition; ask him about that sometime.
    Start from the top of Four Shadows, shoot across beneath Pucker face, Hike up the ridge, then Corbets, Lonnies, and the the GV's to the base.~~~
    What in the holy fuck

That’s more skimo. Not so much Chinese downhill. Hiking back up the bowl to Corbett’s and then down?
    Fuck me sideways that’s a right nasty contest. At least do four shadows to four pines. Better scenery. Better snow.
    . . .

The ski schooler in question was sliding up and busting a move in front of about 10 chairs of skiers and never even asked if they might slide in politely.
    And schoolers always skip 3 chairs before asking to slide in.
    That's how we do it at the Big One. Manners maketh the man. Or we gun ya down; at least verbally these days.
    Read Snapt's comment further back. And Woolly's... It makes the universe align. They know.

Dink.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Skiing is so Choice right now. Still finding boot deep all over and thigh to hip pillows in the stashes.
    Mrs. Skiing-in-Jackson showed me her line in Grizzly Glades today and it may have been the last 2 acres blown in for 50 knee deep turns. I can see how that poor fella died in there. Pretty stout skiing.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The only place I've lived where schoolers had any kind of respect was in Taos. Different vibe there and some of the schoolers ripped.

Did anything ever become of a gofundme or anything for SIJ family? That is such a daily harsh reality for that family.