Page 30 of 105 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast
    Everyone leaves me alone and keeps their distance...

what the fuck do you think that's all about?

You locs know I've been dragging my skis for 25 years and telling people to get outta my pocket and respect the bubble, etc.
    This all kinda same shit, different day for me, except for the obvious.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This woman just slid up and said she was gonna be our third and I said we're not looking for a third and that's a pretty fucking bold assumption that we'd want you in the first place. She just looked at me.

And I agree that JHMR has dropped the ball on distancing in lines, on the shuttle buses, etc. They are policing masking better than distancing.

And the yellowjacket speed wranglers are asking mags for change for a nickel a lot lately. East or Bust and 2bjenny have been enrolled with the official list of Speeders on Casper.
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!

Schwerty - I'd be happy to ski with your girl and chat her up about the comp and lines and stuff. Same #, new fancy dancy phone so I'm on it nowadays. Holla anytime.
    Glad you're home. Condolences on losing your Father. We'll catch up soon, after the shitshow.

Tram line was a junk show on Tuesday after we split from the group. Tight as fuck and 4 or 5 cutters trying to pull that “my friend’s right up there” bs.

I’m generally pretty non confrontational but fuck that noise. Gets old fast. I like DJ’s technique of letting the line move way up and stop, then you can space off the last person and drop your skis wherever to keep the mouth breathers off your back.

Wow the snowpack was chatty today, widespread collapsing on south facing slopes around 8800 feet. Nothing moving but it sure gets your attention.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

All this mask stuff makes me not want to ski the village.

Utah needs snow. That will help us a lot. A few friends from Utah came up for the weekend, didn’t have lift tickets, hadn’t reserved lift tickets, asked at the ticket window and were told to call customer service. Customer service got them lift tickets. So much for “sold out” and “max capacity.” It’s all bullshit.

I’d love to ski with you guys, but once I can get back skiing, I’m going sledding.

Data gathering mission. Backed off initial idea (line on the looker's left) due to more hazard than I felt was manageable today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A1910.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	358275

Consolation prize was OK:

Name:	7F5A1941.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	358277
    Last edited by upallnight; 01-16-2021 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post

Name:	7F5A1910.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	2.10 MB 
ID:	358275

Data gathering mission. Backed off initial idea (line on the looker's left) due to more hazard than was manageable today. Consolation prize:

Name:	7F5A1941.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	358277
    Thanks for the stoke man!
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Name:	IMG_1233.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	358346

Foxy exit yesterday.

Lotta shitfuckery / junk shows going on out there, but managed to have a great day

Might ride some tv lifts tomorrow

Quick trip w the fellas so not a lotta time to socialize but I’ll be back soon—would love to ski w y’all.

And the yellowjacket speed wranglers are asking mags for change for a nickel a lot lately. East or Bust and 2bjenny have been enrolled with the official list of Speeders on Casper.
    Ha!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ha ha!!!!

I’ll be back over some time, hopefully midweek when things are a little quieter.

Old school day, fun to ski on skinny sticks for a change, damp , fast, fun. Funny thing is when I was getting to AK on a regular basis these were "fat". Awesome ski from it's time. I'll provide change for a nickle to anyone under 30 that can identify these.....DJ that disqualifies you !

On a bummer note I heard a well known younger female who has already had a tough year got her pass pulled. Heard the story but hard to believe if the details were accurate....sucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4017.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	358433  

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Old school day, fun to ski on skinny sticks for a change, damp , fast, fun. Funny thing is when I was getting to AK on a regular basis these were "fat". Awesome ski from it's time. I'll provide change for a nickle to anyone under 30 that can identify these.....DJ that disqualifies you !

On a bummer note I heard a well known younger female who has already had a tough year got her pass pulled. Heard the story but hard to believe if the details were accurate....sucks.
    Nice!

I remember when Igneous made a pair of skis that were 95mm under foot for me... but ~200cm. People laughed at the time at how wide they were ('99 I think).

Mellow 4h tour with friends. Found soft untracked pow. Busy parking lots... lots of skiers from Utah complaining of their snowpack and asking for directions for a day tour. I suggested the Grand.

Name:	7F5A2110.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	358460

Name:	20210117_131016.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	682.2 KB 
ID:	358462

Nice heated seating underneath the tram.
    The perfect spot for an outdoor lunch at the base.

First tram yesterday and a couple of runs with DJ started my season off right.
    First tram again today and a chance meet up
    made a grey day great.
    With some snow late afternoon and tonight let's see if I get first tram Monday?
    Me thinks the fresh snow is going to bring a
    few more peeps out tomorrow early.

I accept bribes

Salomon Supermountain
    I sure as hell ain’t under 30.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Under 30 on tgrz lol

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Salomon Supermountain
    I sure as hell ain’t under 30.
    WE have a winner ! and the winner is disqualified ! Super Mountains in 195cm, 78 underfoot and 24.5 radius. Big sticks back in the day. The Powder mag review said they should come with a Darth Vader soundtrack to play while you were skiing...I ordered them on the spot after reading the review !

OK, I skied JH Wednesday through Saturday. I didn’t let anybody know because I’m old and slow, (and I used IKON), but I just wanted to say that I was actually very impressed with the mask compliance even though I was expecting, (from this thread), a shit show.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Nice day for a walk with a good friend.

Name:	7F5A2169.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	358523

I did the same:

Name:	IMG_0282.JPG 
Views:	117 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	358526

Name:	cody2.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	314.1 KB 
ID:	358567

Skiing is good.

Pretty good partner also !

Mask enforcement is up due to health dept telling the resort they have not been doing enough....

So in the "I'm in a Quandry" category: I was gifted a virtually new pair of vintage Volkl P40's that should get a few laps of use. The bindings while perfect don't quite adjust big enough for my boots... we are talking about full suspension/flex adjustable Marker M9.1 logic 1 CP's here ...the F1's of the day For you youngsters we used to strip the suspension off of them and mount them low-profile flat for big mountain use. I'm debating taking them off for a modern pair or just keeping the whole package together as a time capsule. I kinda hate to break up the pair. I do think they should be skied with their trend setting for the day 63mm underfoot width and considerable flair towards the tip and tail. ??????? thoughts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4018.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	358574  

So in the "I'm in a Quandry" category: I was gifted a virtually new pair of vintage Volkl P40's that should get a few laps of use. The bindings while perfect don't quite adjust big enough for my boots... we are talking about full suspension/flex adjustable Marker M9.1 logic 1 CP's here ...the F1's of the day For you youngsters we used to strip the suspension off of them and mount them low-profile flat for big mountain use. I'm debating taking them off for a modern pair or just keeping the whole package together as a time capsule. I kinda hate to break up the pair. I do think they should be skied with their trend setting for the day 63mm underfoot width and considerable flair towards the tip and tail. ??????? thoughts
    I happen to know someone who has a slightly smaller boot then you who thinks they should be skied.

DJ, I'll let ya know when and if I make it over to that side to snag that sticker, thanks mang!

I'm again on the hunt for a housing solution, preferably long term. Unfortunately my current landlord could use the cash and is turning my place back into an AirBnB come May or so. If any mags have a lead on a house, cabin, basement apartment, condo etc on the West side I'd be stoked. 2 adults and a well behaved pooch. $1800 or so would be our cap, rental references and all that available.

I only drop into this thread occasionally but that's an insanely fun ski that brings back some memories. Whoever ends up with those won't get bored with 'em.
    People here are typically assholes (it's part of the charm) - dan_pdx

So, not so many peeps this morning like I thought there would be.
    Not as much fresh as I was hoping for.
    But 3 inches of frosting on top made the skiing sweet.

First tram. First tracks.

Name:	20210118_201719.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	358595

Was good all the way to the bottom.

Name:	20210118_201613.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	358596

Got out 2 upper gates, 1 lower with a gondy lap
    to end the day. Was still finding little pockets of soft in the trees there.