Page 43 of 105 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2624
    Welcome back, Dj - You have been missed And your absence has been noticed and noted --

I ( /we) look forward to your presence, and the stoke you always bring ! Thank you ! !!!

Carry ON ! !! tj
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    DJ.. good to see you back on the post. This year has fucked with a lot of our head spaces in different ways. The verbal stoke you bring, and the visual stoke from UAN keep me connected to a place I fell in love with 20 years ago.

Wifey and I were In the neighborhood for a few days. Mainly visiting friends in Victor and skiing some pass laps. We did score yesterday at the village. Man it felt good to put the Superman cape back on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Now that is one fine shot, wall worthy I say!
    Looks like lower 4Pines, yes?
    Sweet shot of RS Buttress in the back with that sickgnar dogleg chute on the lookers right.
    Big lift on those pole plants yesterday, I was really overcompensating on the pole lift and was almost self conscious that EoB was thinking how kookie I prolly looked.
    A little Superman action goes a long ways when you love it like we do.

And thanks for the positive Irie there, mag. That stuff helps.
    I dig people who dig what I dig.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not sure how The pics could get any better from everyone. It seems that generally most of us don't stop for photos. But Gotdam I do love to see that.

Ski smart and get safe Mags, and remember...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tips up boys2.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	362924

SkiJ, my man, thanks for your Irie drop. You bring a breath of fresh air into this occasionally stinky locker room of maggotry. We will anxiously anticipate a Cameo appearance from you at next years BBMSummitJH22.
    It's been 4 years since the BabyBear Invitational. Methinks next season mags will need a Throwdown. We need ya!!

The +++++ vibes and uans pics in this thread are why I tgr......keep it up!

Name:	IMG_8008.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	509.2 KB 
ID:	362991

Not bad today

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

EastorBust picked up a road bike from me, solid Mag.

Quote Originally Posted by WMD View Post
    Awesome photos UAN!
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Wow.
    Just.
    Wow.
    All time. Epic. Fkna
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Agreed 100%.
    I think UaN's photos make the snow look 5 times deeper and 10x lighter than it really is.
    Not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

Quote Originally Posted by jpcmoriarty View Post
    DJ.. good to see you back on the post. This year has fucked with a lot of our head spaces in different ways. The verbal stoke you bring, and the visual stoke from UAN keep me connected to a place I fell in love with 20 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    The +++++ vibes and uans pics in this thread are why I tgr......keep it up!
    Thank you!

I'm not sure how The pics could get any better from everyone. It seems that generally most of us don't stop for photos. But Gotdam I do love to see that.
    I look back over the decades and realize I wish I had more photos of times with certain people/partners who are no longer around. I've also developed a run-and-gun style ... the challenge is getting good photos and stopping as little as possible. Turns out to be v hard (for me).... I ski with many people who really don't want to stop. Nothing's staged.

Sometimes a friend will tell me they look back on some pics 1, 5, 10 years later and have one that embodies — for them — their spirit. It's deeply meaningful.

Good day out there today. Nice to have colder temps.

"Going skiing" (iPhone pic):

Name:	IMG_6444-2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	363012

Aesthetic terrain:

Name:	7F5A3832.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	363008

Hey all from the west side. I've been teaching avalanche classes and skiing as much as I can. New knee in April makes it pain-free finally. What relief and now I can enjoy the season this is becoming. Helluva February. We are seemingly Teton immune from the thin snowpack instability woes that plague the rest of the west. The avalanche fatalities get me down and then I ski lovely powder, and get uplifted by your stoke (and your photos @upallnight ), thank you.

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by homemadesalsa; 02-14-2021 at 10:03 PM.

We will anxiously anticipate a Cameo appearance from you at next years BBMSummitJH22.
    It's been 4 years since the BabyBear Invitational. Methinks next season mags will need a Throwdown. We need ya!!
    Im in for that!
    Decisions Decisions

I was being glib.

When I say it was boot deep, knee deep, over the head, that's what I mean.

The puhleeze was for emphasis on the comment being flippant.

Your pics prove what I say is happening.

As much as I'd like some good shots of myself, I don't even think about making it happen.
    Some mags have shots of me but otherwise nada.
    Least of my skiing concerns. I'm always in a hurry when skiing to get the best turns I can.
    The guys I came up with emphasized skiing past the guys setting up for viddy.

I was being glib.

When I say it was boot deep, knee deep, over the head, that's what I mean.

The puhleeze was for emphasis on the comment being flippant.

Your pics prove what I say is happening.

As much as I'd like some good shots of myself, I don't even think about making it happen.
    Some mags have shots of me but otherwise nada.
    Least of my skiing concerns. I'm always in a hurry when skiing to get the best turns I can.
    The guys I came up with emphasized skiing past the guys setting up for viddy.
    Copy.

Yeah... it's awful to stand around and wait for someone to set up & try to direct a shot. Most are so slow about it.

Usually the terrain I'm in isn't conducive to setting up and/or the partners I'm with do not want to stop, so I've got a pretty refined technique for not slowing things down at all.

That said... I've got an abundance mentality. Where I've been there is more than enough for all.

Last year I had someone come up to — 10 years later — and tell me that a pic I took of him in Alaska was on his desk and the thing he looked at every single day when he was dreaming of being here, that he speaks about it to everyone who goes into his office (must be annoying! ). Meant a great deal to have captured a memory for someone that way.

In my life, I've found more meaning in pausing to enjoy (or capture) a moment — though that's how I move through the world and isn't necessarily right for anyone else. Can't think of a time I've regretted it.

Right on, I can dig it.

For me, an opportunity to blow a solid skiers mind by guiding them around the vill and side/BC is kinda the same. If I can give them a memory, a moment, a mind blowing line then I get so stoked.
    Like you, I've had so much of the goods, I wanna spread it around to the worthy before my tenure is over here.

EastorBust is a fine example. On maybe 4 occasions I've gotten into the tram line at a stupid obnoxious hour and sure as the sun will rise, there he is right behind me in line.

Blows my mind his dedication to getting the most of his first season here.

I drive 12 miles to the villy at 5:15 and he's there already after driving from the barley fields south of IF. His house was built by one of the three little pigs.

And that's why I am always game to show good mags around regardless of skill level. It's also why I've been kinda down lately...because I'm ready to be fully rebounded from my knee surgery. Alas I slack on getting in shape. Gonna have to adjust this off seasons.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yo Xtine - Where ya at girl? How ya livin'? Miss seeing you stealthing on the dock...

Fun quick pass lap with Cydwhit and his other half today. Stoked.

Why doesn’t TGR have ‘like’ buttons?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

DJ, thanks for the knowledge drop on snow water equivalency. Much appreciated.

Hope you find your way back to being stoked.

Your photos are incredible. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Thank you!

Not sure what you mean. Can you explain?

Thank you!

I look back over the decades and realize I wish I had more photos of times with certain people/partners who are no longer around. I've also developed a run-and-gun style ... the challenge is getting good photos and stopping as little as possible. Turns out to be v hard (for me).... I ski with many people who really don't want to stop. Nothing's staged.

Sometimes a friend will tell me they look back on some pics 1, 5, 10 years later and have one that embodies — for them — their spirit. It's deeply meaningful.

Good day out there today. Nice to have colder temps.

"Going skiing" (iPhone pic):

Name:	IMG_6444-2.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	363012

Aesthetic terrain:

Name:	7F5A3832.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	363008

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Getting rid of some gear and I’d rather it go to folks around here.

These are used but well taken care of. Used em as a soft flex boot for 4-5years. Been sitting around for a few years. No need for them. 307bsl
    FREE!

Name:	IMG_7259.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	222.6 KB 
ID:	363085Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7258.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	219.9 KB 
ID:	363086

Name:	IMG_7257.JPG 
Views:	104 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	363087

BD Factors - tech sole only unless I can find the alpine soles. 318bsl. Original liners that were never used. Hell...the boots are barely used.

Price: reasonably priced bottle of whiskey

Name:	Image1613419821.352772.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	228.7 KB 
ID:	363088

Name:	Image1613419833.277087.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	211.0 KB 
ID:	363089

DPS wailer 99
    184cm
    Sol. 916 STH
    These are in decent shape. Delam issue on one ski but any shop can fix it.
    $75

Name:	Image1613420020.931524.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	157.0 KB 
ID:	363090Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613420030.431722.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	158.6 KB 
ID:	363091Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1613420040.334987.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	437.7 KB 
ID:	363092

DPS Wailer F99
    184cm
    Sol. 916 STH binders

These landed on my doorstep a couple years back as a return favor. Bought the clamps and gave em a shot one day at the Village. Been hanging in my garage since. Great ski but I don’t need them.
    They are basically new as are the bindings. They have that Phantom perma wax treatment also.
    Price: $375

Name:	Image1613420287.752175.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	186.3 KB 
ID:	363095

Name:	Image1613420300.827596.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	363096

If any of you want to take a look, let me know.

Yeah yeah...gear swap. I know. I don’t feel like dealing with shipping tho.

Hadn't seen this posted yet. Be careful out there amongst the trees.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/missing-s...191154508.html

Maddie Capron
    Mon, February 15, 2021, 11:11 AM
    A missing snowboarder was found dead in a tree well at a popular Wyoming ski resort, Jackson Hole Mountain Resort said.

A group of friends reported the 27-year-old missing on Sunday, the resort said. Jackson Hole Ski Patrol officials searched the area until dark, but did not find the snowboarder.

The search resumed at 6:30 a.m. Monday with officials from Grand Teton National Park, Teton County Search and Rescue, and the Teton County Sheriff.

Officials found the unresponsive snowboarder in a tree well, the resort said.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

That second shot is evil straight outta mordor

Conversation about skiing and pictures reminds me of a quote I love from Dolores lachapelle about her experience taking a lap on her own and then skiing same lap with warren miller filmers capturing her run
    “The snow is no longer a gift from the sky but a medium for making a good film. Being retreats, the sky, the earth and the gods all retreat- and all that remains is a technically perfect ski run down the hill, which looks fine on the screen and makes money for the photographer, but there is no being, and the loss is felt in the hollow emptiness inside.”

While i can relate to this quote......I always bust my phone out for pics as long as it doesn’t interrupt the flow similar to what uan already said .....that is the key......don’t fuck up the flow
    Last edited by gimpy; 02-15-2021 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    DPS Wailer F99
    184cm
    Sol. 916 STH binders

These landed on my doorstep a couple years back as a return favor. Bought the clamps and gave em a shot one day at the Village. Been hanging in my garage since. Great ski but I don’t need them.
    They are basically new as are the bindings. They have that Phantom perma wax treatment also.
    Price: $375
    Dude if you dont mind hanging onto these until spring when I make my return I will take them off your hands.
    Shoot me a text. Hope you and the fam are doing well amigo!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Of course! Teleee

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    That second shot is evil straight outta mordor

Conversation about skiing and pictures reminds me of a quote I love from Dolores lachapelle about her experience taking a lap on her own and then skiing same lap with warren miller filmers capturing her run
    “The snow is longer a gift from the sky but a medium for making a good film. Being retreats, the sky, the earth and the gods all retreat- and all that remains is a technically perfect ski run down the hill, which looks fine on the screen and makes money for the photographer, but there is no being, and the loss is felt in the hollow emptiness inside.”

While i can relate to this quote......I always bust my phone out for pics as long as it doesn’t interrupt the flow similar to what uan already said .....that is the key......don’t fuck up the flow
    It's a good quote.

Touches on the idea of whether one is in the moment or out of it. I think we've all seen the people (and have probably at some point BEEN the person) who is on their phone — perhaps even taking a picture — and no longer IN the moment.

I try to stay in the moment, or capture the skier IN the moment without taking THEM out of the moment. Some photos manage to have soul, and their real beauty is in invoking a feeling that actually transports people into a moment that they've previously experienced. The photo invokes the memory, and there's a virtuous cycle.

Managed to return wallet & a few hundred $$ cash to its owner. I think it was probably this guy who got to it, thinking it was food:

Name:	IMG_6454.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	414.7 KB 
ID:	363143

Had about 10 cards & enough of an ID in it to see they were from Bend where I know a bunch of people — 30' + social media = reuniting everything but the wallet itself with the owner.

Name:	IMG_6461.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	363144

Pow sequence from today. I like it when there's a sense of motion and not just a hockey-stop slash. Seems like the photo-of-the-day is too often a hip smear in shallow pow which, once you notice it once, is so obvious in many shots. Wasn't gonna go do a knee issue, but, well, you know.

Well, enough words.

Name:	7F5A4112.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	363146

Name:	7F5A4113.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	363147

Name:	7F5A4114.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	363148

Bonus: Rare pic of me (in blue) from Sunday.

Name:	IMG_6474.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	363149

Hey Schwerty, I'd be interested in trying those skis just to feel them. The other ones...
    Whazza bsl?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Kevo, Just one opinion but I'm into the weather so I'd like to think I've got the major trends down in my patch. Lotsa variables to make minor/micro adjustments to conditions.
    Just the difference between windward/leeward wind aided depostion can be impressive and noticeably different.
    Thanks, My mojo has been largely restored crushing a few high quality laps with EoB on Saturday and then a major stormskiing session today alone and some laps with ski220 to boot.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    JFC, skiing in the Tetons is so Fine right now.

Some days are about Quantity of turns, Other days it's only about Quality of turns.

Then there's days like today. Top quality skiing and ski-on chairs for multi laps.

Damn hero snow out there, 4-14" of soft new over cut and light crud pow remainders.
    Man, theres pillows everywhere ya look, phaaaaaat turns banking the bump lines 3 piles at a time.
    Soft supple flow through the lollylumpkin terrain is a go anywhere, turn on anything, slash through the trees way to find my bliss.
    What a morning. 33k in 17 miles of turns by 12:30. Or so sayeth the schmucks on the tool.
    I turned a shitload too.
    First run down AV was 5" of CowPow over the flawlessly buffed Moran, making about a gazillion slalom turns, untracked for the distance. Sublimity and perfection. Coulda skied that run blindfolded it was so perfect.

About fifteen speed laps through every tree line on Casper with no lines was like old times.
    Met ski220 for about half a dozen more, had a sesh and went over to Moran face for some 'don't fence me in' terrain.
    2 laps on MoFa and then a nice stroll thru Saratoga revealed some massive pillow lanes and a few hip deep drifts.

Every chair for me was ski-on today. That's my program.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UaN, we used to talk on the dock a lot back in the day. Got my intel officers on your tail...glad to know it's you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    UaN, we used to talk on the dock a lot back in the day. Got my intel officers on your tail...glad to know it's you.
    Hah... might be the other way around!!

Dude... when EorB picked up his skis and mentioned your first name I knew right away. Told him to a specific memory to share with you about a title for you we came up with one morning!

Fun times with you, always.

Holy shit what a day at the Ghee. Morning skied great, by the afternoon it was dumping and filling everything in for refills. Hiked Peaked. Getting down from the summit to our line was like thigh deep. Had some waste deep turns coming down our line. Man, I hope they never put a lift up to the top.

Skiing was really good today. Right side up and super blower snow.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums