Page 78 of 105 FirstFirst ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

The amount of available slots for mt. guide tours just doubled into the sidecountry, approved by the FS.
    The FS is kind of setting a precedent for giving the King and now the Village whatever they want? I'll be curious if Targhee gets the same. Rumor is Geordie has Tributary/Texas investors and things are about to blow up. Last time this happened the economy went Kaput, but things are about to get real interesting on the West side.

Group buy with a maggot lodge?
    https://buckrail.com/a-closer-look-a...ckson-highway/

Do want.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

wonder what gives that, that is not already under contract.

Just heard Cycle and Saw is closing? Any word on if they are moving or calling it for good? I really don’t want to drive to Thayne every time I need a part for my sled, but I guess that’s what’s going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    Just heard Cycle and Saw is closing? Any word on if they are moving or calling it for good? I really don’t want to drive to Thayne every time I need a part for my sled, but I guess that’s what’s going to happen?
    https://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/business/after-23-years-jh-cycle-and-saw-to-close/article_3f0f3b51-3a52-5688-bc63-56d920629d6c.html

Quote Originally Posted by

[ATTACH=CONFIG
    378304[/ATTACH]
    The consruction zone above the Cody lot. They flattened the last big swath of Aspens at the base of the village. It'll be a hotel I'm betting.
    It will be condos, called the Hoback Club. That is their office built last fall at the village end of Cody lot
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by NBABUCKS1 View Post
    wonder what gives that, that is not already under contract.
    The wording is extremely vague as to whether you can build on it. I'll ask Brett.

Anyone have scoop on the ice rink at the base of the King? Do they melt it down in the summer? Website says there is nothing scheduled, think I have a good idea of what that means but figured I’d ask the question.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post

I think the article is clear that he's going out of business, not moving.
    Adam and I go back a looong ways. Sorry to see JHC&S go down but it's been a tough town to run that place in, combined with an inability to keep mechanics happy.

McCool is an original JHAF man, skiing with Benny and that crew when they were in grade school.
    He has skied in the Town downhill every single year, no one else I know of can say that.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    It will be condos, called the Hoback Club. That is their office built last fall at the village end of Cody lot
    The 'Hoback Club' sounds lame to me, but the new west owners will feel included, in the club, 'Members' Only' types. Whatevs, they'll rarely be there anyway. Until it snows.
    I guess they coulda called it the Ikon club.
    And of course it will be tall enough to obscure yet more of the uphill view of the mountain.
    Remember when you could sit in the Mangy moose and see it storming across the lower faces/Hobacks? Hi-sto-ry.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Anyone have scoop on the ice rink at the base of the King? Do they melt it down in the summer? Website says there is nothing scheduled, think I have a good idea of what that means but figured I’d ask the question.

I don't know if they melt it but they def cover it with something. Used to have shows in there when it first opened.
    I saw Long Beach Dub Allstars open for Primus back then. Good times. Saw Violent Femmes in the Snow King Ballroom and Tom Petty played in a drizzlestorm on the SK ballfield. Both stellar shows.

Saw Mrs. Skiing-in-Jackson yesterday, she says the fam is good and thankful for a beautiful summer.

Traffic is off the hook. More drivers, janky stoplight timing and an inability to turn right on red contributes mostly.
    For no reason it'll be stop and go from town out hwy. 22 thru Wilson and up the pass.

Maybe it's time to dissolve the County Tourism board and put that money into some barricades.
    This town, like the ski area, does not believe in a maximum capacity scenario. Pack them in, pick their pockets.

^ This is sadly the case. I really want to backpack the crest next week, but am nervous going to Jackson due to the glut of humans.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    ^ This is sadly the case. I really want to backpack the crest next week, but am nervous going to Jackson due to the glut of humans.

You don't have to go to Jackson to backpack the crest.

McCool is the man. Definitely had helped me out a TON the past few years with my sled. Going to miss the shop. Didn’t know he has not kissed a town DH or is OG JHAF. The legend of the man grows!

The ice rink gets melted down in late March/early April, as soon as the Moose’s season, and kids teams are done. Usually it goes back in some time in August for camps for a few weeks, then is melted down again until late September. Last summer they kept it in all summer because they didn’t have an conventions, which is the main (only?) money maker for the rink in the summer. I know Howie would like to keep it in all summer, but they have to make money and everyone is too busy doing non-hockey stuff all summer.

Quote Originally Posted by panchosdad View Post
    You don't have to go to Jackson to backpack the crest.
    Right? Access from the west is good, south is best and North is Bearish...

And getting on the Teton Crest trail should get you away from all but the few.

Name:  tct map.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  115.4 KB

Holla if ya need a hand or a pickup/dropoff.

My kiddo has some hockey camps in August, so there will be ice for a few weeks. Don't know if there will be any public/open ice, though.

Remember when you could sit in the Mangy moose and see it storming across the lower faces/Hobacks? Hi-sto-ry.
    Yup, from there and The Hostel.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I don't know if they melt it but they def cover it with something. Used to have shows in there when it first opened.
    I saw Long Beach Dub Allstars open for Primus back then. Good times.
    Sounds rad AF. LBDAS was great and I've been listening to Primus since 93~94.

I’m itching to get back on the ice, haven’t played since COVID, so March of 2020.

Wish somewhere around here at least had a damn roller rink setup for pickup games.

Yo Wydaho Mags,
    Anyone want to fish this weekend? I’ll be bumming around on the west side sat-Monday. Wifey had to bail for work, so will be solo with the drift boat. Got plenty of room and happy to row. Hit me up if your around. Hopeful to find some of the big bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla Gorilla View Post
    Sounds rad AF. LBDAS was great and I've been listening to Primus since 93~94.
    They were at the top of their games then and just imagine the venue, a small town ice hockey rink with wood decking over the ice.
    It was standing only and maybe 500-750 people max. not crowded. I was maybe 3 rows back with room to dance and groove. Les Claypool thumping it out from 12 feet away is a sight, lemme tell ya.
    And the allstars were really just getting their new deal tight, so we were lucky to score that show in this town.
    Fishbone used to play a few shows a year at the Moose. That was a riot. Angelo diving to the crowd in front of the stage from the balcony rail in the MM blew some minds.

This town rocked in the 90's man. Best place to be a ski bum in the last 30 years. Even if only for a season.

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    I’m itching to get back on the ice, haven’t played since COVID, so March of 2020.

Wish somewhere around here at least had a damn roller rink setup for pickup games.

Starlite Skating

S. Woodruff
    Idaho Falls, Idaho
    4-9:30 tonite with a snack break @6:30
    Ha!

I drove past it monday...

Haha no way!

This is what I’m talking about

Name:  Image1625256379.899839.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  87.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    I really want to backpack the crest next week
    Holla if ya need a hand or a pickup/dropoff.
    Pretty sure you guys know each other, I think from a party at my place a few years back.

"Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

Anyone else see Skankin’ Pickle at the Moose early 90’s? I think I have their CD somewhere still

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Anyone else see Skankin’ Pickle at the Moose early 90’s? I think I have their CD somewhere still

Yep. Cool band

Fishbone also

James McMurtry

Moose got some great bands in the nineties
    . . .

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post

Skankin Pickle were great…..saw some amazing music during the 90s in JH. Widespread Panic played snow king, sit and ski tour, Richie Haven at the Moose…..good times
    why make ten turns when you only need to make NONE!

I saw Fishbone at Sidewinders in 00/01. I wasn't ever really into their music but damn they were one of the best live shows I've ever seen.

I remember seeing Slightly Stupid at the Moose for a TGR movie premier. That was fun.
    dirtbag, not a dentist