Page 54 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2624
    Lemme know what you think about my pricing model for the resort. Open to all comments
    As you raise the price, the quantity demanded will go down...a bit. I just think The Village is a bit inelastic. If you wanna trade run of the mill vacationers for 1%ers to shorten the lines for locals...maybe.

But it ain't about us. Jackson has had the shit marketed out of it since about forever. Too much money chasing too little powder. For every 10 IKONers you chase away, 8 others will say, "now I can go back to Jackson because it is less busy".

The Teton Bubble is strong, but it ain't unique. It's busy AF everywhere. Sure, we can all play Oracle of Omaha and tell others how to fine tune there business model and maximize profits, but turning away customers ain't gonna happen.

Jackson is one of the few ski businesses that can justify higher costs to keep the ski experience enjoyable. Like Ferrari or some designer clothing, they can limit access and charge a premium. They have the goods, know it, and price on exclusivity. AV would be the premier lift at any other hill in the country and its where gapers get sent here.

That is opposed to say Winter Park or Breck which are 100% reliant on maximizing visitation, because the terrain is average and the snow is mediocre there is no way they could get away with going exclusive.

And to answer your question, I'd pay 2.5g's in April if they got rid of Ikon and MC and got skier visits under 400k per year again.
    Live Free or Die

Speaking of Ferrari's, a luxury car storage facility is going up in Victor for folks who don't have room for their Ferrari's in their garages in Jackson during the winter. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    Speaking of Ferrari's, a luxury car storage facility is going up in Victor for folks who don't have room for their Ferrari's in their garages in Jackson during the winter. Seriously.
    Pretty brilliant, actually.
    We looked into starting a storage facility ten years ago, it’s good money if you don’t pay too much for land.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    I did think a Manhatten Car Club type deal would work though but it needs to be on the Jackson side for the logistics.

There are more than a few hangers in Driggs though with some very, very nice toys owned by Jackson folks, and they can land the G650 for cheap.
    Live Free or Die

Holy shit.
    Who was that? Vibes.
    Ski base to rock face. Ouch.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    That was just outstanding, the music set to the turns, sooo damn soothing.
    Thank you for watching & commenting. Glad it provided some stoke. It actually means a great deal to me when someone enjoys something I spent time on — or when I get constructive feedback for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperGaper View Post
    Props to you UAN, miss seeing you at the vil. For all my negativity, still love this place and the absurd long lines still left lots of great untracked snow inbounds and out.
    Miss you, too! I haven't set foot in the Vill this year — other than mid-November to get (ironically) my best ever run on Thunder!

Might get bounced from the region; housing insecurity, after multiple decades, sucks.... but, well, I don't really have much choice in the matter and no individual leaving makes all that much impact.

Soft landings out there:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A5852.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	907.0 KB 
ID:	365594

If we ever stopped to take pics, might be one or two worth posting. Powder Panic is real!

Wade McCoy got one of me skiing No Name from Powder Eights- my only ski photo.
    Maybe it's not today, but there is a day when most people slow down, and the ability of an image years or even decades later to spur immediate recall of a day — a feeling — is so powerful that I now make the time to capture moments. Sometimes I get as much enjoyment nailing a good shot and knowing someone is going to be really stoked for it as I do when I tuck the camera away and do my own skiing.

Still waiting for Figenshau to come through- he shoots my employee all the fucking time for photo of the day.
    Can you do a hip-check/slash/hockey stop in an inch of snow? Seems like what it takes for most ski area photo-of-the-day imagery a few days post-storm. [God I hate those!]

Lemme know what you think about my pricing model for the resort. Open to all comments.
    What's the official comment period?

PS Overheard from the Tram line (via a friend):
    [customer]"I'm a billionaire. I don't do lines."
    [trammie]"You do now."

(Apparently someone showed up a bit late for their early box and the magic # had already been hit. Customer was told they have to wait....)

Short on photo stoke this season, but here's a goofy map of the park I made:

Name:	Untitled_Artwork 41 copy.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	365616

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Thank you for watching & commenting. Glad it provided some stoke. It actually means a great deal to me when someone enjoys something I spent time on — or when I get constructive feedback for the future.

Miss you, too! I haven't set foot in the Vill this year — other than mid-November to get (ironically) my best ever run on Thunder!

Might get bounced from the region; housing insecurity, after multiple decades, sucks.... but, well, I don't really have much choice in the matter and no individual leaving makes all that much impact.

Soft landings out there:

Name:	7F5A5852.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	907.0 KB 
ID:	365594

Maybe it's not today, but there is a day when most people slow down, and the ability of an image years or even decades later to spur immediate recall of a day — a feeling — is so powerful that I now make the time to capture moments. Sometimes I get as much enjoyment nailing a good shot and knowing someone is going to be really stoked for it as I do when I tuck the camera away and do my own skiing.

Can you do a hip-check/slash/hockey stop in an inch of snow? Seems like what it takes for most ski area photo-of-the-day imagery a few days post-storm. [God I hate those!]

What's the official comment period?

PS Overheard from the Tram line (via a friend):
    [customer]"I'm a billionaire. I don't do lines."
    [trammie]"You do now."

(Apparently someone showed up a bit late for their early box and the magic # had already been hit. Customer was told they have to wait....)
    UAN, I'm injured and not really able to ski this year but your images (and video) make it almost like I'm out there. Thanks! It helps make it through the tough times to see all the beautiful lines and powder shots. I haven't skied the Jackson area much in 30 years but lived there in the 80's and am now back in WY. Can't wait to ski around there again next year, and all the photo stoke on here really gets me excited!! Sorry to hear you may be getting chased out. I moved there with money in the bank and left dead broke...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    SkaredShtles:
    5 am at the red box, they told me this is the place.
    What the fuck? 4 hours until 24" of ultralight blower?
    Well, alright then...

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    If today turns out to be my last powder / RS lap day of the the year, it wad a good one.

Skied a fun, early afternoon lap with fellow
    visiting mag Full Trucker.

Attachment 365357
    FullT - sorry I missed ya. Weekends have been my poison lately. Stoked you got some quality turns. It does a body good, yes? Killer photo too with 4Pines north buttress behind you. That's my line top center. My turns woulda been waaay mo titties than that crap tho.
    Thanks for covering for me 220, I was highly unlikely to get out much over that weekend.
    Living the dream, buying a season pass last spring, hoping and praying for the best...ski220 got paid. After getting after it for 6 weeks, including the full month of powbruary21, you're bet is a winner.
    Solid work. Let's get volcanized before ya split mag.

Quote Originally Posted by upallnight View Post
    Still cold, untracked lines out there.
    Attachment 365496
    I don't know, I mighta hit that White Whale.
    Pretty choice.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    So, I spent the 7 days Feb 15-21 using up my 7-Day Pass. Here are some of my observations:
    1 - It was probably the best 7 days of skiing entirely inbounds at Jhole that I have ever had,
    2 - I can't remember the last time I was at JH and never even rode the tram once.

Thanks DJ for reaching out to me. Although it didn't work out to get some laps in together this year, I will be back next year!!!

(The video starts and ends with shots from the home turf, Bogus Basin... and yes, DJ the redcoat makes the cameo appearance again ).

Yar, at 2:29 the fucking schooler cuts thru your line and then turns back into you, what a putz.

Nice work Eagle, you know as well as anyone, when the pow is flying we all kinda get in our groove. More often than not it involves the charge for as long as you can approach.
    We'll get it next season, holla when you swing in this summer too. Would be down for a hike into the big peaks.

Kokomas - I be seriously bummed about your hernia. That just sucks. I been waiting like 2 years now to hammer the hill witcha but no, stymied again. We shall fish soon.
    With Schwerty...hey what's up mag?

Core shot - it was a pleasure meeting up with you. Good to get an introduction and make a connection. Hope to ski ya next season. Got the boards in the paddock and gonna tune 'em up slickery for the mags.

Cy - Cool Map, You got skillz mag.
    PD - The 3rd shot is outstanding; cornice, dog's attention, big pack, leaning into the motion...
    Passholer - Glad you've had such a good month to follow a less than ideal one. You know the value of a deep soft day as well as any mag. You had it coming...

SuperG - The Village angst is real. Howard Henderson taught me about that.

Name:	Hollywood.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	365638
    The longer you stay, the harder your feelings get about the hill.
    I chalk it up to the people who make the ultimate decisions, they don't spend any time trying to understand the true ski experience of this place.
    With some vision, inclination and boldness, they could set themselves apart from the industry and be the best.
    The Mother Nature side of the equation here is almost flawless; it's the Human Nature side that consistently fucks up the balance.
    So we struggle thru the dumb asses for the truly top shelf skiing.
    4K vert of blower is indeed a powerful drug.
    I am a ski junky.
    75days1.1mvert756mi27box...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 03-02-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Probably wouldn't kill me to talk about the skiing...

Yesterday was sweet with about 3" of fresh on smooth groomers and punchy off piste.
    The crud was a styrofoamy firmness to cut into with some fresh to friction thru the troughs. Kinda quick and banging but just forgiving enough to rip the low bumps.at low mach...
    The groomers were cut fluff on shavy smooth, so as fast as you could muster.
    The upper mtn is skiing really nicely with chalk on north facing areas and kinda crunchy opposite that.
    This week of high pressure, the first in quite a while, will bring out the racy side of the village. Time for the DH boards methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    4K vert of blower is indeed a powerful drug.
    Fact

Been a good run so far for sure!
    Thinking these sunny high pressure days are
    helping to decompress a little. Would have been torture to leave and it was still snowing.
    Been watching that volcano spew smoke daily. Think it's going to blow it's top imminently .
    We'd better sacrifice to our safety soon.

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    I take it the wiggle will not form this year.
    IT LIVES!!!

Name:	IMG_2723.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	897.3 KB 
ID:	365767
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

still some soft untracked lines on certain aspects.

Name:	7F5A5273.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	365778

Closing weekend vibes?

yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyo greetings from Silverthorne, CO. A Basin and Monarch (my "home" mountains) have treated me well this season, but I wouldn't mind if Ullr blessed us with a couple storms.

I've been planning a trip to the Tetons for a while, but the earliest I can get out there is right before closing weekend (4/10, 4/11). I'm wondering what I should expect for inbounds skiing. Obviously it will be crowded, but will it be absurd? I'm down for party vibes on closing weekend (I skied A Basin on July 4th two seasons ago... probably waited longer in lift lines that day than all other days there combined), but I'll need to prepare appropriately (redbulls, lift-line breakfast, monoski, saucer boy, etc.). Will Targhee be any better?

I'll wrap the trip up with some easy tours and maybe some climbing. Super stoked to get to Wyoming and the Tetons to do some exploring.

PM Skidog, he’s local can give beta and prob a voucher
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    And will provide you with the best sandwich anywhere!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Hearing the first whispers ikon won't be renewed next year
    Whelp, Ikon pass locations are out and Jackson is an add-on again next year. On one hand I'm sorry for you guys, but on the other I'm not sorry that means I get to come make some turns with some of you again.

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    A liquor store in Summit County gave me a LOCALS card to put on my key-ring and I'm pretty sure that works wherever I go... can't wait to get to Jackson and be a local for the week.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Whelp, Ikon pass locations are out and Jackson is an add-on again next year. On one hand I'm sorry for you guys, but on the other I'm not sorry that means I get to come make some turns with some of you again.
    Wishful thinking I guess. Looks like I owe Foggy a virtual beer or something
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by kokomas View Post
    Wishful thinking I guess. Looks like I owe Foggy a virtual beer or something
    Nah, you're good. As much as I like the Village, I probably won't pay the $150. I'm trying to split the majority of next winter between Florida and France. Jackson is too busy, you know...IKON.

Did anyone else see this?

From buckrail -- Actor Rob Lowe ‘chasing the rush’ at Jackson Hole Mountain Resort

Claustrophobia, I think?

Tangentially ski-related (was on my way home from a quick ski):

Name:	7F5A6091.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	365879

Ikon pass sales haven't actually started yet, there is still hope!
    Live Free or Die