Page 10 of 105 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
    I’d recommend Eric at JH Bootroom based out of Headwall sports.

Quote Originally Posted by cydwhit View Post

I went into Habitat four weeks ago trying to find Intuition touring liners. It did not go well. Long story short, I ended up buying them from evo, who actually shipped them to me on time. I believe Peaked has some Intuitions, just not the ones I needed, and I'd trust any of their boot fitters as well.
    Ah thanks. I was trying to find somewhere that had the Tour Wraps so I could check out the fit before committing.

My kid was headed towards Baldy Knoll this morning and said he saw grizz tracks. He kept going until he said he heard something large moving around ahead of him so he turned back.

I told him the standard is to take off your glove and lay it next to the track for scale, but all he got was this bad photo. I can't tell what it is.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unnamed.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	349138

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ah thanks. I was trying to find somewhere that had the Tour Wraps so I could check out the fit before committing.

My kid was headed towards Baldy Knoll this morning and said he saw grizz tracks. He kept going until he said he heard something large moving around ahead of him so he turned back.

I told him the standard is to take off your glove and lay it next to the track for scale, but all he got was this bad photo. I can't tell what it is.

Hit up Bootsie at Teton Bootlab above Hoff’s in Jackson. Last winter he had full size runs of TourWraps on hand. He molded up a set in my Maestrale XTs and for the 1st time in years I’ve had zero fit issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordering products from habitat as well as mounting skis has never gone well for me either. ZZZ I had a cow elk in the yard the other night up there.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Nice vid!
    Next time you see Max tell him I'd be willing to ski with him.
    Give him a few pointers.
    That left pinkie gets pretty far back, and other major technique problems.
    One of my best days ever involved tagging along w max and Hadley, w selko and some other rippers. Watching max casually send central big in pin bindings was something else.

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    A couple dozen people at Targhee at most last March? Surely you jest.

In other news, brought my newborn son home today, and am thinking about sneaking out to pick up my Ghee pass and sneak a couple runs in tomorrow. I put the over under on my wife allowing that at about 20 percent. Ski ya later!
    congrats. skiing can wait

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Dang, Targhee was a blast today. Great first day on snow. No lift lines to speak of and it seemed like they had a good handle on people masking up at the base area.

I really, really like the vibe of that place. It kind of reminds me of Magic/Smuggler’s Notch and AZ Snowbowl. A bit low tide but knew that going in, on piste the snow held up well throughout the day despite the sunshine.. some would say hero snow.

Started out on SLs to get my feet back under me primarily sticking to Shoshone. Grabbed PJs after an 11am snack and started hammering! There’s a nice lip to launch up above sitting bull and the snow was $ for GS turns all the way down big thunder. Legs feel good. Ready for more!

Name:	IMG_0893.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	176.2 KB 
ID:	349345

Name:	IMG_0894.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	759.3 KB 
ID:	349346

What’s the deal with their closing date? Are they bound by operating restrictions or do they just decide to pull the plug mid April if it’s no longer profitable to stay open? On their website it looks like they’ve still had plenty of coverage remaining on their past years’ closing dates.

day 1 yesterday at togwotee

Name:	IMG_9685.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	633.3 KB 
ID:	349347

just fun to get out and get the ski legs worked out
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Dang, Targhee was a blast today. Great first day on snow. No lift lines to speak of and it seemed like they had a good handle on people masking up at the base area.

I really, really like the vibe of that place. It kind of reminds me of Magic/Smuggler’s Notch and AZ Snowbowl. A bit low tide but knew that going in, on piste the snow held up well throughout the day despite the sunshine.. some would say hero snow.

Started out on SLs to get my feet back under me primarily sticking to Shoshone. Grabbed PJs after an 11am snack and started hammering! There’s a nice lip to launch up above sitting bull and the snow was $ for GS turns all the way down big thunder. Legs feel good. Ready for more!

What’s the deal with their closing date? Are they bound by operating restrictions or do they just decide to pull the plug mid April if it’s no longer profitable to stay open? On their website it looks like they’ve still had plenty of coverage remaining on their past years’ closing dates.
    Combination of F.S. factors, including migration patterns. Also by then, ain’t no one buying tickets at retail anymore. Go play golf.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Damn, not a bad “warm up” day, well done!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Speaking of golf, where is Tye? He hasn’t posted anywhere on TGR in quite a while....

Fort tour into the Park yesterday. Approaching Garnet Canyon without the lake being frozen is kinda tough Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1030.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	136.8 KB 
ID:	349420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1034.JPG 
Views:	113 
Size:	197.6 KB 
ID:	349421Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1024.JPG 
Views:	109 
Size:	211.2 KB 
ID:	349422

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Congrats papa!
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Congratulations Adironrider!!!!
    That's awesome, a mini-Adi.

You'll get your turns in, one way or another. We'll ski ya...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirVicSmasher View Post
    congrats. skiing can wait

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Let’s just hope he gets his mothers looks and politics!
    Stay classy rideit.

And shoulda taken the under, never made it on Saturday but took a nice family field trip up to the ghee on Sunday. Spun a lap and it sure felt nice. Haven't slept in days!
    Live Free or Die

^ congrats AR! I missed that earlier
    I feel like they become awesome ski buddies so quick too

But hey anyone know what they're going to open Thurs?
    We have passes but noted that they sold out of day passes for Thursday & Fri
    Just curious what % they sell for what % of the mountain is open or if they do that at all?
    skid luxury

it's funny how odd the closing date is for east coaster transplants (myself included)
    this blew my mind when I moved here too.
    We'd be skiing grass in VT when we could be on feet upon glorious feet of snow here. But every other summer sport is so good too that you are ready to move on to those pursuits come spring (with some excellent ski touring in between though)
    skid luxury

For JH it’s economics.

Many years ago they added two weeks to the lease

Made no money. Just locals on season passes.

I say they did it wrong.
    Just run tram, Gondi, thunder and Casper. Cut way back on overhead. And sell cheap beer and sammies for dirtbags. It could work better that way.

Even just tram and Gondi.

Or Gondi only. No or minimal grooming.
    Tram tickets five bucks if you want up and out.
    Seriously. It could work.
    Last edited by Core Shot; 11-23-2020 at 07:07 PM.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

Looks like a cocker spaniel.

The ski season length is an agreement between the Resort, The Forest service and the Park Service.

Originally the length was always 16 weeks from the first Saturday in December thru the first Sunday in April. probably for 40-45 years.
    Opening date has more to do with snow than anything. We are traditionally slow starters for snow. Closing date has more to do with animals moving in the spring and butting up to the Park.

Dept.'s of Interior and Agriculture control each side of the ridgeline.

And economics for sure; they've added a week here and there and it rarely seems to work out. After a big winter, we are ready for some shorts and sun. Moab or Cabo then back for Beartooth pass or Cody bowl.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Who's skiing on Thanksgiving day?

Nice shots from the park too, liked the lichen view.

Garnett looks a little boney, but hey it's mid November so way to get after it.

Skiing on Thanksgiving? Nope, but I'll head up to Bogus on Black Friday and check out the inevitable lift lines.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

I like the tram/Gondi only option, it would be perfect for the last few days of the season.

I’m on my way home and hopefully will be out thanksgiving day. My roommate is a snow maker, so I’ll try to check on what’s going to be open.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    But hey anyone know what they're going to open Thurs?
    We have passes but noted that they sold out of day passes for Thursday & Fri
    Just curious what % they sell for what % of the mountain is open or if they do that at all?
    Looks like just Teewi, AV, and Sweetwater gondi

https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/jac...inter-2020-21/
    Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    Keystone is the new Snowbird

Quote Originally Posted by Bronic View Post
    Looks like just Teewi, AV, and Sweetwater gondi

https://www.jacksonhole.com/blog/jac...inter-2020-21/
    thanks- saw that earlier too
    pretty much as expected, but good to know

then they're opening Teton and Casper on Saturday which should spread everyone out nicely
    DJ, kokomas, skibird et al- holler if any of yooz want to make some turns with us. We'll be out mornings both days
    unless it looks like a sh*tshow and then we'll adjust, but tentatively planning to be there at opening times
    Last edited by babybear; 11-24-2020 at 07:36 PM.
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    thanks- saw that earlier too
    pretty much as expected, but good to know

then they're opening Teton and Casper on Saturday which should spread everyone out nicely
    DJ, kokomas, skibird et al- holler if any of yooz want to make some turns with us. We'll be out mornings both days
    unless it looks like a sh*tshow and then we'll adjust, but tentatively planning to be there at opening times
    I was thinking Glory then the village on Thursday. I will let you know when I get there

My question kinda got lost in the thread. Where is Tye? He hasn’t posted in quite a while

Quote Originally Posted by beer30 View Post
    My question kinda got lost in the thread. Where is Tye? He hasn’t posted in quite a while
    I'd say his posting was dwindling the past few yrs. But that said I haven't seen him in awhile bc we used to bump into each other regularly at the coach or sidewinders. but no mas with covid.
    I'll text him though and tell him his presence is requested

Andrew just also said that the mountain is opening up for employees to ski today from 12-3pm. that was nice of them.
    skid luxury