Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Nope 200 cm. I had blue/yellow ones, black with pink/yellow flashes and another color combo I'm spacing.
    Man... 200's woulda been NICE. Snow Ranger action shot from back in da day:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Weren’t those snow rangers considered a little wide for the times?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Yeah - 80-ish waist in the mid-90's would have been RIDICULOUSLY big.

Only on Subtle-tte.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

The explosive arrived soon after
    Snow ranger was never considered too wide.

Snow rangers changed my life. Finally had enough floatation for my weight.

Didnt ski the explosives as much as I should have in hindsight.
    It was like riding a moped. Took a a lot of shit from friends. But they ruled the deep.

15 years later, for nostalgia, borrowed a snow ranger for a granite lap and it kicked my ass. I forgot how hard powder skiing used to be. Lol
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Does anyone know when the Snow Ranger was released? The Explosiv was released in '92, according to the innertoobz.

ETA: Innernetz confirms '95 Snow Ranger debut.

Snow ranger was never considered too wide.
    Yeah, I didn’t mean ‘too’ wide, just a little wider than normal.

15 years later, for nostalgia, borrowed a snow ranger for a granite lap and it kicked my ass. I forgot how hard powder skiing used to be. Lol
    Yeah, I rode and old pair of boards a couple year ago. Holy shit! I honestly don't know how we rode those things back then...and we thought they were great!

One reason I preferred snowboarding then, Powder was bliss inspiring with VERY little effort.

“If snowboarding were easy, everyone would do it!”
    Last edited by rideit; 11-18-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2020-11-18 at 12.04.58 PM.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	530.7 KB 
ID:	348571
    This here's the style I had, same marker step ins as well...they were put to good use...they definitely changed how I skied, and thought about deep snow.

totally outdated of course and would probably ruin something if I tried to use a set now....could be fun on the right day

Please step away from the Powder!

That big winter, skiing with The Juice and Bobby G., we'd roll up on folks trying to pick the best line into some seriously deep snow.
    RJ would hardly stall at the lip of the cattrack and sky into the pow with an explosion of snow upon landing. He could stomp a landing and roll like a train.

At the time he was about 5'8" and pushing 300lbs. (Had a piece of goretex for an acl or some shit.) It was downright intimidating to see the 3 of us coming at ya, bringing every oz. of speed to launch the lip.
    And he would always yell - " Please step away from the powder".
    Schoolers would just look at us.

Name:	sr4.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	532.3 KB 
ID:	348567
    Still fargin' stiff too.

Name:	sr2.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	867.8 KB 
ID:	348568
    Fat at the time...

Name:	sr1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	601.1 KB 
ID:	348566
    200 cm, I kinda thought they were this but I preferred the 204 in most skis. I guess these were only in 10cm increments.

Not particularly light either; wanted to submarine but with the tall tip and the mega-pop a heavier/skilled skier could produce, it was ideal for porpoising. Early shape adjustments too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    todays precip is on the warm side. Locking down all the wind deposited soft snow.

One reason I preferred snowboarding then, Powder was bliss inspiring with VERY little effort.

“If snowboarding were easy, everyone would do it!”
    Absolutely. I handle old boards a lot because my bud has a hundred or so in his quiver and man those things were tanks back then too. The old Craig Kelly airs were more like lead.

Nice Rangers erryone! Stepped out of my KVC COMP’s into them and was blown away. Saved all summer to buy them for the coming season. They made it one full season at the really big.
    Next went to the Seth Morrison pro model in both 193 and 204.
    Man the 204 was a shit ton of ski. Sold them mid way through the first season.

The K2 Explorer was a mind blower to me.

Ah yes, the Seth Pro models were burly. Then they got weird.

This was when K2 had replaced Kastle as the skicorp pro/shop brand. I went through 3 pairs of MSL's, a 204 and 2 208's. Tails kept delamming a little. Last trade in was for a red 208 Seth model, next years ski!
    Took them to gart sports and they misdrilled them. I said keep them and they replaced them with anything I could find in their system. I went for the next season G40 pros, white and black. Actually felt like I traded up.
    Like these:
    Name:  g40.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  66.1 KB

That same huge winter I got on a pair of K2 Four's. Even though I worked at Wildi, I think it was Gov at Pepi's that hooked me up and damn was skiing groomers fun on those when compared to the standard 205 GS skis I had otherwise. Sidecut, what a concept! I still got them in the backyard as decorations. A bit worse for wear, but good memories!
    He who has the most fun wins!

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Nice Rangers erryone! Stepped out of my KVC COMP’s into them and was blown away. Saved all summer to buy them for the coming season. They made it one full season at the really big.
    Next went to the Seth Morrison pro model in both 193 and 204.
    Man the 204 was a shit ton of ski. Sold them mid way through the first season.
    Loved my Morrisons, blue with yellow flames, 204's, no speed limit. Wish I still had a pair for big lines (big open lines). Followed those up with Super Mountains in 200...still have em and they get a few days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    That same huge winter I got on a pair of K2 Four's. Even though I worked at Wildi, I think it was Gov at Pepi's that hooked me up and damn was skiing groomers fun on those when compared to the standard 205 GS skis I had otherwise. Sidecut, what a concept! I still got them in the backyard as decorations. A bit worse for wear, but good memories!
    Gov is a good egg.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Loved my Morrisons, blue with yellow flames, 204's, no speed limit. Wish I still had a pair for big lines (big open lines). Followed those up with Super Mountains in 200...still have em and they get a few days a year.
    Don’t get me wrong, the 204’s were good, real good on the big faces of Lone peak, not so much everywhere else for a scrawny 5’10 160lb guy. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Don’t get me wrong, the 204’s were good, real good on the big faces of Lone peak, not so much everywhere else for a scrawny 5’10 160lb guy. Lol
    About 99% of the skiers who have stood at the top of big faces of Lone Peak and thought, 'Fack, I need a bigger ski'. Closest run to AK big face skiing I've seen in bounds.

Any one use Verizon cell service, thinking of changing from att ?

I've got Verizon. Pretty decent coverage in the county north of the KOA by horse creek. I've had Verizon for 17 years here and have been happy. Anywhere in particular you need to have coverage?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Rumor has it that JHMR is going to hit a hundy inches in total snow accumulation sometime this week, if not already.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    We bought 3 pairs of the rebranded Japanese versions at the sporting goods store that was over by Bubba's after we saw them on some guys at a steep's camp. This was right after Bode won on them at Nationals. Gov has helped me out a ton over the years, good guy.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Lawless View Post
    I've got Verizon. Pretty decent coverage in the county north of the KOA by horse creek. I've had Verizon for 17 years here and have been happy. Anywhere in particular you need to have coverage?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    ATT absolutely goes away on Cody and further out. I spend the winter in an Aspens rental and it's just so so there. Just don't want to get it and have it suck in the valley and sidecountry