Page 69 of 105 FirstFirst ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 2624
    I would agreeable to mini summit this summer - was disappointed my schedule messed with skiing this season. If there was ever a season for it, I guess this would be the one.
    I would like to get over that way for more hiking this summer too. I've been bad about not taking advantage of my relative close proximity to do more exploring during the other seasons.

This town, is coming like a Ghost town...

Thank you...

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    Today's meet up was a success with 6 rippers from here in the borderlands spinning power laps around the hill.
    Locals Swerve, SuperGaper, Lindenle and myself were joined by EastorBust representing the Spudrovians and Stevied, who's been turning here aplenty this winter from the True Upstate New York.

After a short meet and introductions we took laps on all the big zoomers.
    It was a little like old times.
    Everyone was more than comfortable slaloming the pokes and the corn just got better as we went and hit the upper mtn.

Hit a coupla Cheyenne bowl laps, thanks SG for showing us it was goodtogo. Popping and lockin' thru the steep slushy bumps with swerve and Stevie.
    EoB, quiet as usual and always right there. Kinda Ghostly.
    Lindenle and I went past the bowl for the trees. Choice 4" of corny sweetness thru steep, tight kinda fucked up bumps.
    You only really get one option in a few places. The 194 LPR's were reminding what it was like skiing this same line together over a decade ago.
    I was stronger, they were stiffer...

After multi laps we finished solid with a Cirque jaunt which was good but a little firm/soft. Worky for me.
    Was a long day. My 3 6th gear buds snagged me before the meetup and we spun about 8 laps maching early corn.

Thanks fellas for taking some time to turn; make a new friend or two, connections here are always good.
    And we thrive on our Passion together. That's good living right there.

Attachment 370464
    for some reason, I wanted to bump this post to the top of page 69 -
    Just seems rich with the brotherhood ( and sisterhood) of skiing --

sixty-nine pages for the season ( and going strong) - I love what you have done here Dj -
    ( there are threads for other regions, but the Tetons and montana are where my interest lies... )

Just
    Thank You. as an aging midwesterner ,,, I live vicariously through the stories in these pages -

wishing you each a healthy end to the season, and a Good offseason ahead...

peace, my friends... skiJ
    " ... I will do anything to go Skiing ... There Is no pride ... " (Miriam , 2005-2006 epic)

Dec21, 2016. LittleBigLost :
    " I think about it everyday. It is my reminder to live life to the fullest. I get up early, go to bed late, 'cuz I got shit to do. Like I said, I'm 61. Not going to wait till I'm 81 to do stuff, ...

Get out there and do stuff!

Enjoy life to the fullest!!

See you on the slopes! "

Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    for some reason, I wanted to bump this post to the top of page 69 -
    Just seems rich with the brotherhood ( and sisterhood) of skiing --

sixty-nine pages for the season ( and going strong) - I love what you have done here Dj -
    ( there are threads for other regions, but the Tetons and montana are where my interest lies... )

Just
    Thank You. as an aging midwesterner ,,, I live vicariously through the stories in these pages -

wishing you each a healthy end to the season, and a Good offseason ahead...

peace, my friends... skiJ
    Agree.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4771.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	950.1 KB 
ID:	370913
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Who’s going to be out for closing weekend? Can we get a roll call going?

I’ll be out both days.. gotta get my 50. Probably before noon on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

As much as I want to get out, I'm really on the fence. Between banging out laps with you mags and then rolling screamer laps with DVZ and TommyfromOttawa, I put a good tweak on a new part. Getting better but not sure if I should go play or call it a day.

Fairly ready to be done but nevertheless, missing this last week tweaks me too.

Finishing strong is important to me. It's been 4 seasons now since I skied on the closer.
    Skied all but one day that year. Perfect. The perfection lies in the imperfection.

If I ski this weekend, it'll be a weak-end. Not amped about that.
    Doubtful but maaaaaaybeee.

I'm always easy to find. Year-around...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Thanks SkiJ, it was a fun get together fosho. A coupla newer local mags got to meet some solid older ripping mags and we all got to meet Stevied. That was a treat for me to have a complete unknown show and absolutely kick it with us. He folded in like an old friend.
    Ski ya next season Steve...

Haven't seen Plugboots since BBI19 at Alpy methinks. Uncertain if this weekend is in the cards, but look forward to skiing ya again soon.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    Often on closing weekend, the parking is free all over. I'd suggest parking up in the Cody lot if so...ski in, walk -on situation. Maybe we just meet in the Cody lot for a few beers around noon, that way not skiing mags could come by for some brotherhood too.
    Holla if that's appealing to anyone...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    To all of you locals new and old, I claim you all.
    This is Our House -

And it's a House of Fun -

Welcome to the House of Fun
    Now I've Come of Age
    Welcome to the Lion's Den
    Temptation's on His Way

Welcome to the House of Fun...

DJ, ill be home next week if you want to bust out your bikes for an assesment, gimme a holler

Good to see ya, DJ. Sorry I was I. A hurry this afternoon!
    I’m in for a session in the Cody lot Saturday...or maybe Sunday

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

DJ, sorry. Mrs. Plug and I kinda treated this like a honeymoon. We leave tomorrow.
    She had to remote work today, so I skied a couple laps in Glory.

Name:	IMG_4809.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	226.8 KB 
ID:	371055

Adding a pic to show the prayer flag line-up to show the traverse out:

Name:	IMG_4817.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	814.8 KB 
ID:	371084
    There needs to be a reboot of the BBI somehow.
    Last edited by plugboots; 04-10-2021 at 08:43 AM.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    DJ, ill be home next week if you want to bust out your bikes for an assesment, gimme a holler
    Yo, I would be amped to connect but I'll be outta town here pretty quick. Road trip to visit Pops down in the land of the HeatMeiser. Might be back quickly tho. Will holla to ya then.
    And thanks for offering, I truly needs da hep on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by schwerty View Post
    Good to see ya, DJ. Sorry I was I. A hurry this afternoon!
    I’m in for a session in the Cody lot Saturday...or maybe Sunday
    Really good to see you too. Looking forward to more hangtime this summer.
    I'm thinking our session may go to the back burner. As usual, it's hard to get jh locs to stand still for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    DJ, sorry. Mrs. Plug and I kinda treated this like a honeymoon. We leave tomorrow.
    She had to remote work today, so I skied a couple laps in Glory.

There needs to be a reboot of the BBI somehow.
    Not a problem PB, we all got lives and can't be tied down. Stoked that you two are having a private week of chillness and turns.

Funny you should mention that...

Name:  tommy2.png
Views: 1062
Size:  318.7 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    Who’s going to be out for closing weekend? Can we get a roll call going?

I’ll be out both days.. gotta get my 50. Probably before noon on Saturday and most of the day on Sunday

Seems rounding up and wrangling the locals is a challenge. I'm done with turns for awhile. My leg feels better but not bomber enough to charge around.

Enjoy the last days of a great season and I'll get witcha soon my friend.

Skiing with you, shooting the breeze in a dark tramline and just digging on the JH vibe has been the pleasure of my season.
    Thanks, Mag...

Found some April pow @ 11,000 + 4,000' of corn.

Name:	DSCF0188-2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	1,000.2 KB 
ID:	371236

Last day antics....last year I missed out on close to 50 years of consecutive Heli's as they shut down before I got my last day air in.

Half way around, a little spread w/stall and smile for the camera man (skibird). First ones that I have done in my 60's and still fun as ever to fly. Landing hurts more though.

Stellar work all around on this thread guys. Thanks to all who contributed and DJ for leading the charge !

And UAN " I went for a walk" of course you did. Really fun to see your world thru your lens this year...inspiring stuff.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	575.5 KB 
ID:	371257  

Closing weekend at Targhee was a ton of fun.

The Chinese downhill on Saturday was hilarious- multiple kegs were hiked up the Peaked/Mary's saddle. Probably 100 participants competed. Our own JBSki got a close second.

Closing day was a riot- the Targhee Wiggle Force was out in good numbers and probably 300 people were at the top of DC for last chair snowball hazing.

Got to close out a season that never really happened for me yesterday at the village. Good lord I love that place...
    Took a few tram laps cause that’s my happy place!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post

The Chinese downhill on Saturday was hilarious- multiple kegs were hiked up the Peaked/Mary's saddle. Probably 100 participants competed. Our own JBSki got a close second.

Closing day was a riot- the Targhee Wiggle Force was out in good numbers and probably 300 people were at the top of DC for last chair snowball hazing.
    Another great event. Although the snow burns on my ass and back are going to take a long time to heal. Really thought this was going to be the year I made it to the finish line without eating it!

Great weekend at Targhee, things are starting to feel like they are getting back to normal. I need to start training for next year’s return of the pond skim.

Does anyone know why targhee is keeping Peaked closed to uphill traffic in the off season? Did they get the ok to start expansion work? I don’t remember hearing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    And UAN " I went for a walk" of course you did. Really fun to see your world thru your lens this year...inspiring stuff.
    Also, "I had nothing better to do." (For real, though. )

I appreciate the compliment!

Name:	IMG_8515.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	203.8 KB 
ID:	371368Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8512.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	175.8 KB 
ID:	371369

Going to put these in GS in a few days. Don’t use either, figured I’d get locals first dibs at them.

Sony Alpha A6500 camera. 18 months old. Bought it for ski photography, but turns out I don’t bring it with me, so why do I own it? $900, includes cases and lense on the camera.

Mammut Protective RAS 18 pack and airbag. Bought on here as a pack up and to led to friends when they visit, but instead got a vest and kept my 26 L backpack, so they can borrow my good pack. I think I paid $150, and I’d like to get that back.

[QUOTE=gtid;6290945]

Does anyone know why targhee is keeping Peaked closed to uphill traffic in the off season? Did they get the ok to start expansion work? I don’t remember hearing anything.

There are two phases to expansion at Targhee, the Peaked lift where Catski is now, and the southern expansion. Targhee received permission from the FS years ago to add the Peaked lift and the lift line has already been cut. The Southern Expansion is still working its way through the permitting process

There has been no “official” word that the Peaked lift is happening, but I can say people have been out measuring the amount of snow needed to be moved to get in and start pouring concrete and doing the blasting work for the top terminal. Lift most definitely will not go in this summer but the bulk of the dirty work will happen so it can go in for the winter of 21-22. Again no official word but the vibe and conversations up there it feels like it’s happening

^Man, what a bummer.

Put me in the "firmly against a Peaked lift and also against the expansion of boundaries" camp.

^Man, what a bummer.

Put me in the "firmly against a Peaked lift and also against the expansion of boundaries" camp.
    I was of a similar mindset, but resorts will only keep being over crowded unless they expand their skiable terrain. Look at Breckinridge, they have more then doubled their skiable terrain in the past 20 years, now skiers are spread out across the area, even on their busy days this year you rarely waited in lines longer then 10 minutes. I don’t like the idea of Targhee (or JHMR) expanding their boundaries, but it has to happen unless they put in place a hard cap for daily users.

I'm good with a Peaked lift, with the huge crowds the last few years spreading people out is needed. Haysman and his crew might have their hands full with cliffed out folks easily accessing peaked though.

I'm not for further southern expansion, between wintering wildlife and meh southern exposure I'm much more interested in the northern options that are in theory already approved from the prior master plan. North facing lift served down towards Beard's Wheatfield? Sign me up, no wildlife and no loss of noodle ridge for the BC crowd and better snow.

You guys know way more than I do and undoubtedly have more well formed opinions since I'm new to Teton Valley, but apparently skier numbers were not a record this year. I've been told that the crowds at the bottom of the lifts were do to social distancing measures on the lifts.

Skiing at the Ghee doesn't feel crowded while skiing downhill (at least to me). The crowds fan out really far off the top of DC.

The sidecountry and hike to terrain have never, ever felt crowded. With rare exceptions, I didn't see other groups while hiking Peaked and/or skiing sidecountry this year.

IMHO, it would be a major bummer for the places where it is currently possible to get away from crowds to become crowded by way of lifts, "guided access", or the ability to see down into new terrain. There is a lot of largely unknown sidecountry terrain that can be easily looked at from certain proposed new lifts.

You guys know way more than I do and undoubtedly have more well formed opinions since I'm new to Teton Valley, but apparently skier numbers were not a record this year. I've been told that the crowds at the bottom of the lifts were do to social distancing measures on the lifts.

Skiing at the Ghee doesn't feel crowded while skiing downhill (at least to me). The crowds fan out really far off the top of DC.

The sidecountry and hike to terrain have never, ever felt crowded. With rare exceptions, I didn't see other groups while hiking Peaked and/or skiing sidecountry this year.

IMHO, it would be a major bummer for the places where it is currently possible to get away from crowds to become crowded by way of lifts, "guided access", or the ability to see down into new terrain. There is a lot of largely unknown sidecountry terrain that can be easily looked at from certain proposed new lifts.
    I know nothing about Targhee, but I can tell you that 'crowded' means vastly different things to different people. People tell me all the time how much they like Snowbasin because of the lack of crowds, but my memory is frozen in time 20 years ago.