Page 4 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Targhee Taco Truck being moved into position:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 9.19.08 AM.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	426.7 KB 
ID:	347133

Today did it for me, now I'm actually officially excited to go skiing. Too bad I'm waiting on shipping notifications for my whole BC setup....

The future of slope side cuisine, that and a hearty tail gating culture

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    I was out there that winter - '88/'89 worked at the parking lot gas station, made sandwiches, did not realize at the time that it was a "mountain operation" and was granted the "red pass" - took me a few weeks to then figure out I could get on first trams no questions asked...yeah, pretty good winter, from memory i think we just got over 500"...

Been back several times, and am thinking about a visit during kings and queens...will keep this thread posted
    I worked at the Soj that year and I don't even remember any parking lots. I used to drive up and park next to the hotel...never a concern about where we were going to park back then. It's hard to even comprehend parking being an issue there now. I don't remember the snowfall, but it was definitely solid because when OB finally opened up the lines had plenty of snow.

New 20-day midweek pass announced today...
    https://shop.jacksonhole.com/s/season-pass-summer-sale

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I worked at the Soj that year and I don't even remember any parking lots. I used to drive up and park next to the hotel...never a concern about where we were going to park back then. It's hard to even comprehend parking being an issue there now. I don't remember the snowfall, but it was definitely solid because when OB finally opened up the lines had plenty of snow.
    It snowed a bunch, no doubt. you must recall there was a gas station/mini mart/deli at the village? thats the place I was referring to... its a bit fancier now. there wasnt any of the crazy fencing they got now, the entire "parking lot" was wide open then., just a middle lane with the Moose on the left, Soj, edelweiss, etc on the right, tram right down the gut. Do you recall Big Head Todd and The Monsters at the Moose? I think they played twice that season...raging. Anyway, cool you were there as well. Hopefully, we can catch up, share some brewskis, maybe rip a PB/TB run ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter65 View Post
    It snowed a bunch, no doubt. you must recall there was a gas station/mini mart/deli at the village? thats the place I was referring to... its a bit fancier now. there wasnt any of the crazy fencing they got now, the entire "parking lot" was wide open then., just a middle lane with the Moose on the left, Soj, edelweiss, etc on the right, tram right down the gut. Do you recall Big Head Todd and The Monsters at the Moose? I think they played twice that season...raging. Anyway, cool you were there as well. Hopefully, we can catch up, share some brewskis, maybe rip a PB/TB run ;-)
    Yeah, I vaguely remember them playing there. I only went to the Moose a couple times. I was an evening shift worker, skied every day and was cheap af...err broke...so we just had kegs and beer balls at our house in Hoback with blizzard of ahhhs looping.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, I vaguely remember them playing there. I only went to the Moose a couple times. I was an evening shift worker, skied every day and was cheap af...err broke...so we just had kegs and beer balls at our house in Hoback with blizzard of ahhhs looping.
    Love it! sounds great, I am sure we crossed paths/trax -you in cowhampshire now? lived in Grantham for a bit, gradually moved closer to boston for jobs etc...

Hmm, don’t want to jinx anything, but game on

Name:	B2B9EB18-90EB-43AA-B3A2-EBC9D3E30152.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	282.8 KB 
ID:	347307
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

It will snow since I’m headed over Saturday to have Pat look at my boots and decide what to do, liners or new boots.

Prolly shoulda put the deck furniture away yesterday.

Name:	deck.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	369.9 KB 
ID:	347364

Very nice!
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

https://www.idahostatejournal.com/ne...544269b5e.html

Just what JHOLE needs.

I find it funny that it took covid for rich folks wanting to move to mountain towns.

Sorry just had to.

I'm hoping many of these new locals lose their shit with their first Wyoming winter and move back to Malibu.
    The local real esnakes are actively trying to get renters kicked out of homes that aren't for sale so they can get the listing. I'm fixin to have a come to jesus call with one who contacted our landlord and told her he knows a lawyer that can help her break our lease if she wants to sell and evict us (she won't).

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    I'm hoping many of these new locals lose their shit with their first Wyoming winter and move back to Malibu.
    "What do you mean summer only lasts 2-1/2 months?!?

The local real esnakes are actively trying to get renters kicked out of homes that aren't for sale so they can get the listing. I'm fixin to have a come to jesus call with one who contacted our landlord and told her he knows a lawyer that can help her break our lease if she wants to sell and evict us (she won't).
    Wow - that's super-shitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    PLEASE share a name, without being ‘libelous’?
    Is it Matt?

It's not Matt, but it's a guy who I think has a few realtor of the year awards under his belt and when he finds out I'm the tenant he wants to boot he'll wish he went into dentistry like the rest of us.

I REALLY doubt it is Brett.

Skiing on the Pass today. It was good.

Name:	19EE1577-21C8-468B-B95D-7313C9BDBCA8.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	148.9 KB 
ID:	347379

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post

Strong work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eermageerb!!!!!

Looks good up there!

Hey all- nice to see powder turns on the pass. I got a new knee so I'll wait for more base. Great start to the season stability-wise. Faucet on and not too cold. Maybe a few facets up high in north shady.

I'll post up stability obs on an irregular basis as usual. Am teaching a bit again this winter, but much more limited. One Pro 1 for AAI, then a slate for Yostmark, but we drastically trimmed our class size and ratios. After cancer and knee replacement, I sure don't want the covid from an avalanche student.

Happy winter, all!

Sent from my SM-A600A using Tapatalk

Posting to follow 20/21 Teton shenanigans from the relatively flat but still dangerous Covid Central States region.

Cowboy Village deluxe king isolation chamber cabin with outdoor grill, carry out porch and expresso aeropress mini kitchen booked March 13-20th pending viral load overlord approval.

I won't be breathing Tram air until I get a shot in my arm. There is other ways to get there from here. Pass me on the bootpack if you want to sample my dragon breath.

If that doesn’t get the juices flowing I don’t know what does!

Drifting out of the driveway this morning sure put a huge smile on my face.

On a separate note, how stringent are the pass police at JH these days. Is silliness still allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    If that doesn’t get the juices flowing I don’t know what does!

Drifting out of the driveway this morning sure put a huge smile on my face.

On a separate note, how stringent are the pass police at JH these days. Is silliness still allowed?
    If the ticket checkers catch you, it’s $100 bonus for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums