Page 49 of 105 FirstFirst ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2624
    Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    It's already February 18, hurry up and get it while the getting is good, your winter season is already on borrowed time there. Spring is late in coming. Any day now and it's a whole different season.
    you're such a fucking twat.
    Hunting kicks ass.
    Chicks dig Labs.
    I'll keep my job, my money and my guns and you can keep the change.
    From my cold dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

SE facing slope in Cody bowl, looker's right of Pucker face slid yesterday damn big.
    Nice crown.

https://buckrail.com/snapped-natural...che-near-jhmr/

Js - Thanks for the help with the linky. I was having some issue.

Man, the snow is just stacking up. It's pretty amazing, really. La Nina has not disappointed this season, that's for sure.

This morning was one of those where the snow accumulates on you. 2" pyramids on helmets, hats and hoods. Not melting either just shake it offa ya kinda light.

5" overnight of 6-8%, with another 8" roughly from 6am til noon.

The snow patroller slid into the hut after me around 11 and we talked snow, got safetied.
    He said he was measuring 12" at radioactive woods at 4.6%. I took this as my opportunity to ask for a lesson on SWE. he gave me a sweet, succinct lesson in how they do it.
    I told him my assessment of the area historically as well as this season and we agreed on almost all averages. Felt great to have a snow pro recognize my thoughts. He too felt the season average is at 8%.

Instead of tramming up at 9, chairing up at 8:30 has paid off in spades. Another cowpow lap to start, ripping down the groomed Moran race face with about 6-8" of very light pow.
    A coupla boottop cowboy laps on Casper when it fires up at 9 as almost everyone is dashing off to Thunder.
    Two Flawless groomer laps with boottop pow for about 250 slalom turns at speed, not a track in front of me yet.

Another 9 laps of pure off groomed bliss.
    Radioactive woods to shot 105 produced such a rocking set of swoopy big bumps with boot to knees in the troughs and so many pillows untouched for a few days.

There are light pillows all over that stand 2-3' tall.
    2 flashes of the fall line was producing a white room I haven't had in a while as the massive sluff slide around me was deepening the snow in front of me. On a longer, sketchier slope, I'da stopped to regroup just to be safe.

Gondy cars were hooting it up, stomping feet, yelling at me. Pretty sick skiing at mid mountain today with no lines until about noon.

Finished the am with a blower run beneath the ascending tram, skiers left trees of lower tramline. Caked my face and hood with untracked all the way down.

Stunning skiing now...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who's skiing tomorrow? It's gonna be off the charts quality. Quantity may be compromised depending on your patience levels.
    Any Pepis ridge/Hobacks lap will be $$$$$$$$$$.
    Actually, a continuous fall line down the entire Sublette ridge; 4k vert of expert or better skiing in blower.

Skiers all over the planet will wish they were standing in that tram line at some stupid hour for what tomorrow will offer.

Fuck i cannot wait...

Targhee was off the hook this morning, each run was steeped in cosmic awareness.

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    Targhee was off the hook this morning, each run was steeped in cosmic awareness.
    Agreed. Classic ghee under-reporting... so good! #ballsdeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by GravityDT; 02-19-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Normally hearing resort reports from most folks is meh.......but djongos play by play is fomo inducing.......rock on!

Fkna djongo, I’m driving home from a high quality pow day and thinking I might just skip going home and head 10 hrs east

Loving the SWE conversation. Thanks Django.

Woke up this morning and saw the 4 inch Ghee report. Started working and looked at the stick of truth and saw 8+ inches.

I cranked through some emails and left my house at 8:40 knowing I was going to be lucky to get parking. Made it to the Ghee at 9:00 with no traffic, got good parking and was in line at 9:05.

Snow was great. Super light pow. Lines weren't bad. I skied until a little after noon.

I think the Ghee is somewhere around 60 inches since last Friday AM. It's skiing so well.

Quote Originally Posted by new yabyum View Post
    YEAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GravityDT View Post
    Agreed. Classic ghee under-reporting... so good! #ballsdeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    #Ballsdeep4thewin!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Normally hearing resort reports from most folks is meh.......but djongos play by play is fomo inducing.......rock on!
    Thanks mag, appreciates that. I can be a chatty cathy fosho, but it's pretty gotdam easy to spout off about the goods, no?

Quote Originally Posted by thefortrees View Post
    Fkna djongo, I’m driving home from a high quality pow day and thinking I might just skip going home and head 10 hrs east
    Oh, I so wish you were here. All of you guys, damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevo View Post
    Loving the SWE conversation. Thanks Django.

Woke up this morning and saw the 4 inch Ghee report. Started working and looked at the stick of truth and saw 8+ inches.

I cranked through some emails and left my house at 8:40 knowing I was going to be lucky to get parking. Made it to the Ghee at 9:00 with no traffic, got good parking and was in line at 9:05.

Snow was great. Super light pow. Lines weren't bad. I skied until a little after noon.

I think the Ghee is somewhere around 60 inches since last Friday AM. It's skiing so well.
    Now that is a high quality post right there. Last minute arrival for sweeeeet pow laps. 25 minutes door to lift... Man, that's good living.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
    I am so fucking thrilled that we are all getting the goods right now.
    Remember how we lost weeks offa last season? The debates about opening, staying open, c-19 protocols etc.?
    Look at us now.

Keep it safe, be smart, my friends.

Ski Hard. Don't fall.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

UpallNight - thanks for the PM. So great to reconnect after all this time.
    As the CCO, I AM THE MAN!!!!!!Ha, puhleeeeeze. As if, right?
    So funny recalling that. Fuck, we spent some hours on that Tram dock.

What's the fuckin' problem over here?
    Been calling out some chronic line steppers lately...Old local trying to sneak past the polite tourists behind me in line. They were of course intimidated by his manner and confidence in his moves. I was not. Ejected him and his boards...5 chairs of people thanked me. I just can't abide people fucking over people cuz they don't know better.
    Explains my lack of riches though.

If that was 5”, I musta had it three times.

Fuck. Good to back in the hole. Whatta welcome.

Face shots, boot to knee plus. Blower dry. It crushed me. Wish I had more gas in the tank.

Fuck I love this hill.

And covid almost makes it ski better. Lines suck. But shit ain’t tracked out like usual.
    Tryna figure it. My thought is no chair packing by singles line powder whores filling every chair.
    Fucking sick inbounds. Haven’t seen it this untracked so late.
    Looked up into the bowl and creamed my pants. Wish I had the patience to wait.
    . . .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Fkna CS, glad you got in on today's madness. Best to start on a non clusterfuck day; which we should expect tomorrow.
    Better to wait in line early and be in front of the masses for a few ski-on laps before the waiting laps begin.
    PM me your # if you'd like to connect.
    Otherwise, DIG IT!

Hey DJ. Pm sent. Hope to hookup, but I’ve got a lot of old friends here (yet most freaked out about distancing) and the family.

Mad respect for you being the ambassador. To kind maggots. Back when I found this cesspool no one in the village would acknowledge a call for spare change. Not that I made any. But for years I had a spare change sticker on my ski.

Moved out east. And hooked up with many kind mags that showed me how to ski the east. It was much appreciated.

PS. If anyone can grab a pair of sticks from UAN in east Jackson and bring em to the village, I gots beer money for ya.
    . . .

Hey UpallNight, let's connect asap and get CS these boards. I can make it happen whenever you're able. Pm me your digits or holla here.

Looks like I went a week too early. Damn.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Looks like I went a week too early. Damn.
    Ha, it's not like last week sucked. Or the week before that. But FOMO is real.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Ha, it's not like last week sucked. Or the week before that. But FOMO is real.
    Word.

BL if it makes you feel better, I heard complaints about low vis, goggles fogging, and hitting bottom this morning.

The snow patroller slid into the hut after me around 11 and we talked snow, got safetied.
    He said he was measuring 12" at radioactive woods at 4.6%. I took this as my opportunity to ask for a lesson on SWE. he gave me a sweet, succinct lesson in how they do it.
    I told him my assessment of the area historically as well as this season and we agreed on almost all averages. Felt great to have a snow pro recognize my thoughts. He too felt the season average is at 8%.
    Most (I'd say all but someone's probably going to find an exception) of the weather stations that report new snow also report precip/water — just divide precipitation (inches) by snow (inches) to get SWE.

Raymer overnight was 0.30" of water, 4.5" of snow = 6.7%. The Bowl was 8%.

Felt like it was getting lighter as the day wore on, which felt weird as it wasn't particularly cold (high 20s).

UpallNight - thanks for the PM. So great to reconnect after all this time.
    As the CCO, I AM THE MAN!!!!!!Ha, puhleeeeeze. As if, right?
    So funny recalling that. Fuck, we spent some hours on that Tram dock.

What's the fuckin' problem over here?
    Been calling out some chronic line steppers lately...Old local trying to sneak past the polite tourists behind me in line. They were of course intimidated by his manner and confidence in his moves. I was not. Ejected him and his boards...5 chairs of people thanked me. I just can't abide people fucking over people cuz they don't know better.
    Explains my lack of riches though.
    That's annoying no matter who it is — local or tourist. Not sure why certain people feel entitled to do whatever they want. Always annoyed me in the tram line and found myself policing it a bunch

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    PS. If anyone can grab a pair of sticks from UAN in east Jackson and bring em to the village, I gots beer money for ya.
    Hey UpallNight, let's connect asap and get CS these boards. I can make it happen whenever you're able. Pm me your digits or holla here.
    Heading into the Park early Sat & Sun, probably for some 8-10h days. I'll likely be around in the evenings or could easily leave them outside my door.

CS I'm unlikely to make it to the Village but do pass through Wilson.

Snapped a few today. Nothing impressive, just some run-and-gun stuff. Soft, untracked snow through a treed zone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A4148.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.47 MB 
ID:	363855Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7F5A4152.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	363856

Here's a sample of the goods that I found out there today. Even found an untracked Hobacks line without riding the tram or the Gondy. https://youtu.be/rRBwuxS3a7w

BTW I'm thinking of hitting Headwall and/or Casper Bowl tomorrow if it's open. If any mags want to join me, just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I sacrifice today to the masses. I hope it's good for ya...

20" @ lower Headwall
    19" @ Bottom of R bowl
    17" @ Radioactive woods/Mid mtn.
    All 8% blower.

Maximizing your game today will be paramount.
    Unless of course your brain has already gone into complete meltdown from Powder Oxygen Deprivation Syndrome. Then nothing else matters. It's science.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleskier View Post
    Here's a sample of the goods that I found out there today. Even found an untracked Hobacks line without riding the tram or the Gondy. https://youtu.be/rRBwuxS3a7w

BTW I'm thinking of hitting Headwall and/or Casper Bowl tomorrow if it's open. If any mags want to join me, just let me know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Fucking Schoolers!! @ :52

I sacrifice today to the masses. I hope it's good for ya...

20" @ lower Headwall
    19" @ Bottom of R bowl
    17" @ Radioactive woods/Mid mtn.
    All 8% blower.

Maximizing your game today will be paramount.
    Unless of course your brain has already gone into complete meltdown from Powder Oxygen Deprivation Syndrome. Then nothing else matters. It's science.
    Good luck to the other side of the Tetons. That's a shit ton of snow, maybe two. Be careful and report back.

Sheer nukage right now in the west bank. Have fun out there mags! Off chance anyone's lady is looking for a mellow ski partner, Mrs K on the loose today. Pm me
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to get a lift ticket for Targhee next Saturday(2/26). It's sold out online and I'm not looking for a handout or even a discount, just curious if there is a way to get a lift ticket for a sold out day? Sorry to hijack the thread, just trying to ski some pow.

If you have a mountain collective pass, you can walk up
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Two weeks ago, I was looking for Sat/Sun tickets and Sat was sold out. But, it appeared that I could buy the 2of3 days option starting on Friday. I didn't go, so I didn't test. Might be an option I you are skiing more then a single day.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk