Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Parvo View Post
    Recently renovated station 1 will need another reno.

Good news is the Broncs beat Douglas 21-14.
    same thing happened at a station I worked at about 8 years ago, but it was an engine that someone had left a tool bin door open on and ripped the wall off the from of the station.

Just checking in from the western side of the spud state. Thanks for getting the new thread started DJ.
    As I see the comments on riding in the red box, and risk taking it reminds me of a recurring thought that I have regarding COVID-19. The line between lack of fear and stupidity is very thin. I know this from personal experience.
    Anyway, I've got my 7-day mini pass and I'll be headed that way in early December... hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mofro261 View Post
    Snipe hunting.

A few holistic logistics to clear but may be able to make mid-Jan happen.
    Room for 1?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    god created man. winchester and baseball bats made them equal - evel kenievel

Jokingly, I use this a lot...
    In all seriousness, I am not just winging it with the virus. I have an elder I care for and am notoriously hermit like lately.
    I tested Negative for the virus 2 days ago and the anxiety that came with waiting to know was tough on me. Although assessed at ultra low risk and not requiring a test, they gave me and the old guy a free test for his sake.
    Waaaaay more at stake for me than just living through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeedashbo View Post
    Room for 1?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

FKNA!!!!!!

We do, if he do...I would extend a hearty welcome to Mofro and ZeedashBo, fosho...

January could turn into a rocket ride, woohoo!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Eagleskier, my Man! Good to hear we'll be skiing ya, didn't get much in last year, hope to have some normal ski life this go'round.
    I can comfortably say I lack neither fear nor stupidity...Not rich with it but not penniless either.

Classic Jackson with the Fire truck, all shiny and new. This town can afford almost any toy it wants.

Bmills has sent emissaries from his kingdom to assess the Pathfinder...well, ok, that's maybe a severe overstatement. But he does have special lady friends visiting, that's cool. Hope to meet and greet the Belles.

Are we ok to post TV/ Ghee stoke in this thread like last year?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20201107_160218064-02.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	907.2 KB 
ID:	346705

Still prime time biking weather over here today.

SOUTHBOUND!

I think next year I might lobby to be allowed to build a bench or table at this spot.
    Last edited by rideit; 11-08-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post
    I tested Negative for the virus 2 days ago and the anxiety that came with waiting to know was tough on me. Although assessed at ultra low risk and not requiring a test, they gave me and the old guy a free test for his sake.
    Glad that you and the old guy are healthy! The world's longest q-tip up each nostril deep into the sinus cavities isn't a fun test. Are you two still awash in young felines?

There is still talk around my place of a road trip south this winter to the Jackson metro area and we hope to see you (properly social distanced of course).

Alright boys and girls, trying to make the annual pilgrimage. Early Jan. Ikon pass and reservations start tomorrow, so I'm trying to be responsibleish and jump on that as soon as it opens to make sure we can make turns. Anyone have any insight on when that opens up? midnight? morning? what time zone?

No information at all from the ikon overlords besides the date itself. Shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Alright boys and girls, trying to make the annual pilgrimage. Early Jan. Ikon pass and reservations start tomorrow, so I'm trying to be responsibleish and jump on that as soon as it opens to make sure we can make turns. Anyone have any insight on when that opens up? midnight? morning? what time zone?

No information at all from the ikon overlords besides the date itself. Shocking.
    I believe other stuff has had a pre-purchase store open at 8am MST and then stuff goes on sale at 9am if memory serves. It didn't matter what time between 8am and 9am I registered as the spots in line we assigned randomly. This was for kids ski school, not sure if ikon will be the same
    Day Man. Fighter of the Night Man. Champion of the Sun. Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone.

Thanks, Talisman. All this went down after I saw you guys. Jobsite wasn't ready for me when I left your place, so I stayed away. Worked out perfectly.
    As it turned out no one got infected except the GC, from his wife. No spread. Distance worked.

EWG - As far as any interaction here from JHMR, they'll still be wiping the sleep outta their eyes at 8, Methinks 9 am to get through to them. Text me if you need help on this end.

Met briefly with BMills' belles, nice gals out for a decompression weekend. You're next BMS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	svo.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	219.3 KB 
ID:	346884
    Melissa, Dean and JB worked at the vill when I started there. Notice the Leather gloves on Dean, pre-dating Kincos by a decade at least. He was an old exum guide in the off season, would stop and smoke a cigarette while his clients caught up to him. Up/down the Grand over 600 times. Old school cool.
    Bernie's Bowl is named for Bernadyn...
    Last edited by Djongo Unchained; 11-08-2020 at 06:58 PM.

Hats off to DJ for getting the stoke going from 100 to 1,00,000. I’m ready in mind, body will catch up in due time.

That two weeks in January was good. Right amount of snow and wind, perfect amount of crowd to get laps in all day long, one to remember for a while. Ironically enough the best day of the year didn’t come until a few weeks later when the morning report was 6, but it snowed 20+ between 0600 and closing. Skies over head blower, which is a tall challenge for me, all the way down AF1. Watched Connery trench through the trees in the Poop Chutes, just saw a billowing cloudy of white. Dude must have ninja sense to have avoided the trees.

I wonder how many days we will get to race the tram this year with the 25 person box limit. It’s going to be interesting to see for sure. I don’t have an issue being in the box IF I can get to the front window, if not we will see what happens. If we do get a chance to race the tram, I’m 100% game. It’s always a thrilling reward to make it the first time each year. Thinking the whole time “do I still have it?” And getting there with plenty of time to spare, mind calm cause you still got it, and then getting that nod from the tram operator, cause they know, they always know.

Almost time boys and girls, let’s make this a good and safe season before anything else. If/when you guys make it out, let us know and we can go have some fun.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

~ ~ SKI THE BIG ONE ~ ~ JACKSON HOLE '20-'21

I think they said they will be running the tram faster (who knew they had a higher speed?). If so better bring your A game.

I think they said they will be running the tram faster (who knew they had a higher speed?). If so better bring your A game.
    They can run it a bit quicker, but not much faster. In the winter it’s 10 min laps, including loading and unloading, about 8.5 min under way. I was told by one of the old tram operators they can get down to 9 min laps, but it puts a lot more stress on the motors, shivs, and wire. The manufacturer said it wasn’t the best idea of if the tram is going to last 50 years.

My first winter here I worked at the top of the Gondi and one night it was super sketchy windy and they cranked that thing up to 11 to get us down as quick as possible. I think we got down in like 6 minutes or something. Cruisin. I imagine the tram has an extra gear so to speak as well.

Anyone have any recommendations for a boot fitter in Jackson who specializes in touring boots?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdironRider View Post
    My first winter here I worked at the top of the Gondi and one night it was super sketchy windy and they cranked that thing up to 11 to get us down as quick as possible. I think we got down in like 6 minutes or something. Cruisin. I imagine the tram has an extra gear so to speak as well.
    Was skinny Tim working up there too? He's devolved that position pretty well.

They pretty much never run the ganjala at full speed. It is noticeably faster.
    First season first day first public car: Me RJ and Bobby G. inaugurated the exit stage left move and got the car to ourselves. The Juice pulled out a socket wrench and promptly opened the car doors at full speed. It was cool but sketchy too. Never tried that again.

The new tram can only go faster between towers, The car has to slow down to normal speed rolling over then accelerate again. They haven't done it in the past as constant speed changes are frowned upon, like max speed trips.
    It's a huge piece of simple engineering with an over the top maintenance program. They treat it like it could break at the slightest sidelong glance.

Whelp, got the reservations. We'll be racing trams Dec 27-Jan 3.

Hope it fucking snows.

For what it’s worth, always happy to offer mags my friends and family discount for village lodging this winter at my hotels. Although even with my discount the rate still makes my friends and family gasp “fuck me! does that rate include a bottle of Don Julio and a handie?” No. No it does not. But PM me for details.

For what reason? Why don't they run it faster during other years when its packed?

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post
    Anyone have any recommendations for a boot fitter in Jackson who specializes in touring boots?

Thanks
    Check out Tom at JHS once they get the mountain open...great fitter and tours a fair amount.
    Last edited by wstdeep; 11-09-2020 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Cause I can't remember things

2nd on Tom at TVS. Pat at JH Sports took care of my Alpine boot setup last winter. Knows his shit.

Quote Originally Posted by wstdeep View Post
    Check out Tom at TVS once they get the mountain open...great fitter and tours a fair amount.
    The Tom they speak of is at JHS not TVS. After 5 years of going to a different shop and being 80% happy in Langes, he switched me to Heads and I’m 100% happy. Dude is awesome. I’ll be going to see him for touring boots in a few weeks too.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    They can run it a bit quicker, but not much faster. In the winter it’s 10 min laps, including loading and unloading, about 8.5 min under way. I was told by one of the old tram operators they can get down to 9 min laps, but it puts a lot more stress on the motors, shivs, and wire. The manufacturer said it wasn’t the best idea of if the tram is going to last 50 years.

Maybe it's running half full, it goes up a wee bit quicker? And it also loads up and unloads just that little bit faster too.
    "We don't beat the reaper by living longer, we beat the reaper by living well and living fully." - Randy Pausch

Quote Originally Posted by Larix View Post

Thanks
    after working on my own boots for years I relocated to Jackson last winter and wasn't thrilled about the idea of someone else doing my boot work. Eric at headwall sports was recommended to be by a few people. He did a great job and was really flexible with dealing with my messed up work schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by skibrd View Post
    The Tom they speak of is at JHS not TVS. After 5 years of going to a different shop and being 80% happy in Langes, he switched me to Heads and I’m 100% happy. Dude is awesome. I’ll be going to see him for touring boots in a few weeks too.

Yep JHS, I'm old so I forget stuff