Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

David Lesh is Back With A Splash - Banned From Natl Forests

Judge forbids David Lesh from national forest land after latest social media post

News NEWS | October 30, 2020

A part-time Colorado resident who documents his disrespect for public lands on social media learned Friday what happens when defendants try to go toe-to-toe with a federal judge.

After agreeing to a compromise earlier this month that allowed David Lesh to enter U.S. Forest Service lands if he agreed to abide by the same rules as everyone else, U.S. Magistrate Gordon Gallagher lowered the boom on Lesh for appearing to flout that agreement 19 days later when he posted a picture of himself purportedly defecating in Maroon Lake.

As of Friday, Lesh, 35, will no longer be allowed to enter millions of acres of U.S. Forest Service lands for the foreseeable future thanks to the Maroon Lake photo posted Oct. 21 on Instagram, Gallagher said.

In addition to the ban, the judge forbid Lesh from posting any picture or video on any social media platform of himself or anyone else violating state or federal laws on any federal lands under the jurisdiction of the court, including National Forests, National Monuments, Bureau of Land Management land and other federal property, the judge said.

“I find it appropriate to change (Lesh’s bond conditions) … to protect the land not only from Mr. Lesh’s direct actions, but also from the influence Mr. Lesh clearly has” on social media, Gallagher said. The judge also said he was issuing the ruling “to ensure the safety of the community.”

The ban will last at least the duration of the current federal case against him.

Lesh asked the judge to postpone the ban and the other conditions until he could hire a new attorney, probably by the end of next week.

“The request is denied,” Gallagher said, noting that Lesh must sign the new conditions by Tuesday or risk arrest.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office in Grand Junction had already threatened to ban Lesh from U.S. Forest lands in early October. That’s when he appeared in U.S. District Court to answer allegations that he trespassed — and posted proof of his actions on social media — at Keystone Ski Area in late April and Hanging Lake near Glenwood Springs this summer.

However, Assistant U.S. Attorney Peter Hautzinger and Lesh’s attorney, Stephen Laische of Grand Junction, were able to work out a compromise that was accepted by Gallagher on Oct. 2. Under conditions of that compromise, Lesh agreed not to trespass on closed national forest lands and abide by all rules on open lands or risk arrest and/or forfeiture of a $1,000 bond.

Nineteen days later, he posted the Maroon Lake picture on Instagram with a caption Gallagher read out loud during Friday’s virtual court hearing.

https://www.aspentimes.com/news/judg...al-media-post/

Good news. Hopefully beginning a trend today.

Perhaps there is more to the story, but strictly from the post above I am compelled to ask the following questions:

How will they enforce the ban?

Why didn't the judge heft a huge fine on the defendant?

Only a $1000 bond? That seems low...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Perhaps there is more to the story, but strictly from the post above I am compelled to ask the following questions:

How will they enforce the ban?

Why didn't the judge heft a huge fine on the defendant?

Only a $1000 bond? That seems low...
    Hes rich AF money wont deter him. Now if he pulls some dumb shit they can lock him up. I only learned of this person minutes ago and I have full disdain for his existence
    Hello darkness my old friend

The gist (I think) is if he violates this judges order - that makes an easy case for contempt and, cross fingers, the pokey.

You could argue against any law citing "enforcement" - sure they are not exactly checking IDs at FS land but if this moran posts more crap or gets photo'd/video'd - I doubt the judge would be pleased.

That guy has such a punchable face. Biggest douchebag in CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    I only learned of this person minutes ago and I have full disdain for his existence
    Believe it or not, the guy actually has a TRG account and has posted here in the forums.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

there are too many threads about this douche. that's what he wants, people talking about him.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What's his deal? Does he just enjoy being a total douche, or does he actually have some kind of platform?

he's got a brand that the unhappy teenage sons of wealthy families spend lots of their parents' money on to show that they're rebels

if David Lesh gets locked up will he finally get the street cred he's always wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry View Post
    Believe it or not, the guy actually has a TRG account and has posted here in the forums.

I stand corrected. I had previously assumed that Bobby Shitstain was the biggest IRL poser douchebag in here.

^^^Who are you again?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    That guy has such a punchable face. Biggest douchebag in CO.
    Looks like a juicer.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    Looks like a juicer.
    Jack Lalanne or Nutribullet?

I guess there finally IS something we can blame Obama for:

http://www.xgames.com/skiing/article...resident-obama

aName:  IMG_2008.JPG
Views: 2371
Size:  20.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Keystone is fucking lame. But, deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Jack Lalanne or Nutribullet?
    The former. Just has that unnatural square jaw look. Knew a few juicers in college and saw it develop in them. Could be hereditary of course. But might also explain the aggressive, erratic behavior. Seen that side of it too.

Just speculating recklessly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinnikinnick View Post
    I guess there finally IS something we can blame Obama for:

http://www.xgames.com/skiing/article...resident-obama

aName:  IMG_2008.JPG
Views: 2371
Size:  20.7 KB

That's one of those sucker photos people who want to look important pay five or ten thousand for.
    15 seconds near a prez to get a shot and look important.
    I'm sure Obama was like, "Next!"

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    That's one of those sucker photos people who want to look important pay five or ten thousand for.
    He's rich and that's the suit he wears for a presidential photo op?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by splat View Post
    No, he had pictures from being in the motorcade or something. It was linked here once.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    No, he had pictures from being in the motorcade or something. It was linked here once.
    TRG circa 2012

Lesh drives in presidential motorcade and meets with Barack Obama
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...d.php?t=244218

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    "Zee damn fat skis are ruining zee piste !" -Oscar Schevlin

"Hike up your skirt and grow a dick you fucking crybaby" -what Bunion said to Harry at the top of The Headwaters

David Lesh recently spent two days driving in the presidential motorcade and meeting with president Obama to discuss how FD's recent guerrilla marketing tactics could be applied to his reelection campaign.
    Ironically it was Trump who adopted Lesh’s tactics

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    ^^^Who are you again?
    a shit talking jong with a bobby stainless hardon
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    He's rich and that's the suit he wears for a presidential photo op?
    He’s not rich. He’s never been rich. It’s a schtick that drives his brand.

Where else have I heard of that gambit?
    I have been in this State for 30 years and I am willing to admit that I am part of the problem.

"Happiest years of my life were earning < $8.00 and hour, collecting unemployment every spring and fall, no car, no debt and no responsibilities. 1984-1990 Park City UT"