Thread: Praxis Works?

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world

Praxis Works?

Anyone using Praxis Works cranks and bottom brackets? Happy with them? Sad and angry with them? Particularly curious about the seal quality on the BBs and if people are happy with the pre-load system. Their approach seems very similar to older Shimano XTR... thanks

I’ve had their cranks and BB on my bikes (2 currently, 4 total setups) for years. I’ve had a few different types of bottom brackets (t47, collet type) and have had zero issues. Cranks are great, once adjusted they are good to go and don’t slip. The crank/spider or chainring interface can freak if it’s dry and dusty, but this is evident in all cranks of this type so I don’t see it as an exclusive problem.

All in all, I never think of them which is great.

Have the praxis pressfit threaded bottom bracket on my SB5. It came installed on the bike, and I have had to do absolutely nothing to it. Still spins as good as new, no creaking, no slop. I'd get another one in a heartbeat if my next bike has a pressfit bottom bracket. No experience with their cranks though.

Their road / gravel cranks seem to be pretty alright as well. Not a massive fan of needing another BB tool in addition to my DUB/Shimano pair but oh well.

the most beautiful place in the whole wide world
    thanks for the feedback! good to know you are happy.