Page 139 of 226 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 5635

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Pro Tip:
    Get there by 7 am, park in Lot C right by the Highlands Gondola.
    Ski "Home Run" back to your car at the end of the day.
    You're welcome.
    That was always my program. But don’t you have to pay to park over there now? I’d get there early and have a snack and coffee at the Ritz cafe.

On the 7am note, one advantage of not having many slide paths is they start loading lifts at 8:30. As you know.

Turx, on the condo note, I have a friend who owns one in the gondy building there. The HOA fees - not the mortgage - are $2400 per month. That’s some crazy shit. He has eff you money but still. I could be a billionaire and I’d still scoff at that.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Pay to park semi-close at Northstar was only last season unless you want to be in premium lot just below Village. But friend who boards Northstar says Highlands line (and lift) moves so slow that he’ll walk to Village if more than about 12 people in line and gets on mountain faster.

Attn Carson City mags
    Name:  506EB1D8-AA11-4942-826E-9CF2F91F4EDA.jpeg
Views: 1405
Size:  458.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    That was always my program. But don’t you have to pay to park over there now? I’d get there early and have a snack and coffee at the Ritz cafe.

On the 7am note, one advantage of not having many slide paths is they start loading lifts at 8:30. As you know.

Turx, on the condo note, I have a friend who owns one in the gondy building there. The HOA fees - not the mortgage - are $2400 per month. That’s some crazy shit. He has eff you money but still. I could be a billionaire and I’d still scoff at that.
    It’s not about slide paths. mammoth spins their lifts at 8:30. Squaw and a heavenly used to on the weekends. They don’t anymore. It’s a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    It’s not about slide paths. mammoth spins their lifts at 8:30. Squaw and a heavenly used to on the weekends. They don’t anymore. It’s a choice.
    I think Heavenly does open at 8:30am on weekends and throughout most of the season.

^^^^^^ yeah heave pops 8:30 sat/sun and holidays and on Monday’s for pass holders. I wish kwood did cuz the 9 start makes it tough to hit the solar sidecountry with good timing

Went on a dundee tour yesterday......and can confidently say the snow quality on solar is much better in Tahoe right now

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    A place that opens late (or not at all on Tuesdays and Wednesdays) is Soda Springs. 10:00 on Mondays, Thursdays, and Fridays. They open at 9:30 on Saturdays and Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    ^^^^^^ yeah heave pops 8:30 sat/sun and holidays and on Monday’s for pass holders. I wish kwood did cuz the 9 start makes it tough to hit the solar sidecountry with good timing

Went on a dundee tour yesterday......and can confidently say the snow quality on solar is much better in Tahoe right now
    Not that it would really help with accessing solar aspects, but pre Vail, one spring KW was spinning 8-3 late April and then weekends in May. I think it was first just the front 5, then just 5/6 in May. Cause it was so late in the year, I'm pretty sure solar aspects were ready even earlier.

Did not know Heavenly still did that. Good for them.

Squaw has been popping KT around 8:45am on non-pow days

The east side of Old 40 between ASI/SBA and Donner Lake delivered today. The west facing slopes were straight Rockefeller at 1pm..
    Hiking out the train tunnels was a wee bit sketch, though (lottsa ice).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by JPaul View Post
    Can confirm Castle is holding surprisingly well. Taken yesterday on a SE aspect between 8200-8400' or so:

Attachment 370686

Can ski from here pretty much to the rest area w/similar coverage, but varying gloppiness.

MiniTR: Weren't expecting much, especially since there was no refreeze Sun PM, but the surprise 1/2" of new snow in the morning lubed the skintrack, and the all day winds kept the sun's effects at bay. Snow was still supportable when we left the bowl around 3. Easy skate back to the gate. Saw 5 people all day during our circuit, 3 of them at the trailhead as we were leaving.

Expect rest of this week to be better corn (actual freezing in fcast!), but much shorter window. Tomorrow looking pretty good for wind to keep window open longer...
    Thanks for the info, planning on a quick day trip to castle from the bay area on saturday early AM. Planning on getting to the sno park at 8ish

Hey Gentleman,
    One of the youngster's off my fire engine and his wife are both celebrating their 29th birthdays with some friends over this weekend in South Lake Tahoe. He asked me if I knew of any cool bars and or restaurants that would be fun for them to check out. I'm more of a North Shore/West side of the lake type of guy and rarely make it down to South Lake ever. Anyone got any suggestions or could throw out some names of places that would be fun for younger couple to celebrate/party? Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Divided Sky in Meyers is the only place I know. And I’m not hip at all.

It seems kinda funny KW is still spinning backside lifts. Remember them closing earlier previous years. I'm not complaining. Was ok over there today. They even had a groomer over at the lookers left of the wave. Yes a "hike to" groomer... Olympic bumps, off 6, were fine at end of day.

☆any Mags thinking of showing up for KW closing day on Sunday?☆

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Thanks to Ricky for keeping KW open.
    I haven’t missed a closing day for decades. See ya at the top of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    Hey Gentleman,
    One of the youngster's off my fire engine and his wife are both celebrating their 29th birthdays with some friends over this weekend in South Lake Tahoe. He asked me if I knew of any cool bars and or restaurants that would be fun for them to check out. I'm more of a North Shore/West side of the lake type of guy and rarely make it down to South Lake ever. Anyone got any suggestions or could throw out some names of places that would be fun for younger couple to celebrate/party? Appreciate any help and thanks in advance.
    Beach club
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Squaw has been popping KT around 8:45am on non-pow days
    Same with Summit at Alpine, even on a few pow days. I just kind of assumed that was covid related to avoid photos of massive lines being shared.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Don’t think summit loaded until 8:55 when I was there Sunday. Maybe they are slacking later in the season?

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    It seems kinda funny KW is still spinning backside lifts. Remember them closing earlier previous years. I'm not complaining. Was ok over there today. They even had a groomer over at the lookers left of the wave. Yes a "hike to" groomer... Olympic bumps, off 6, were fine at end of day.

☆any Mags thinking of showing up for KW closing day on Sunday?☆

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Doooooood. Old KW spun backside to the 2nd Sunday in April. That is the day Vail is closing all the lifts. And the old KW used to groom Devils Draw (that groomer you speak of) as soon as the snow turned. So. Yay Vail?

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I can't blame someone who owns a house in Tahoe for wanting to move here. I'm in the same boat as the people in that article- moved here from somewhere else, laid down some roots, now the owner wants the house back and I'm lucky to have found a place but rent is going way up. Been through this cycle several times. But the short term rentals are way more to blame than people moving here. And the "affordable" housing options are a joke. Dumb shit like getting graded based on how artistic you are, on top of the income restrictions that don't help people that are doing OK, but can't buy and are looking at rent that costs way more than a mortgage. Nothing against artists, but that is about the least essential thing we need in this community. An outright ban on short term rentals (other than owner occupied primary residences) is what we need, but not holding my breath it's gonna happen on this side of the lake or Truckee.

I would be curious to see if these owners are really moving back in, as that is a way around rental increases caps mandated in CA. If the house is suddenly for rent at a much higher rate a few months after moving out, someone needs to sue the owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

The artist thing is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    I would be curious to see if these owners are really moving back in, as that is a way around rental increases caps mandated in CA. If the house is suddenly for rent at a much higher rate a few months after moving out, someone needs to sue the owners.
    There's a little bit of everything going on. Some moving in full time, some moving in until they have to go back to the office, some selling, some maybe just want their home for the summer and then rent it out again at whatever the current market is, and some are turning them into motels. I've seen a few of my former houses pop up occasionally as rentals with way higher rents, but with new owners or as ski leases. But I'm sure some owners are booting out tenants, doing a little remodeling, and jacking up prices. A good chunk of the long term rentals that are available are marketed as "executive retreats" or similar bullshit, full on luxury properties costing $5-$10,000/month. Don't know why anyone would rent at those prices as opposed to buying, but it seems there is a market, maybe used by companies as a perk for employees or something.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

I have tenants and no way in hell would I give them the hook under the pretense that I am (or a family member) moving in to then rent it back out before at least 6 months (better 12 months) went by. The owners who fix it up and a few months later rent it out at a way higher rent are opening themselves up to a law suit IMO, but WTF do I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Back to skiing, coverage on KT holding on? Missed this past weekend and I know its been toasty.

Name:  xc9xviln2he31.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  24.1 KB