Page 154 of 226 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 5635
    ^^ Ha, not done yet with some plans to head to Mammoth again soon but seems like that should be easy to top next year.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I’m going there tomorrow
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Wait are you serious about every day? Alpine should give you a lifetime gold pass or something for that

Holy crap. I haven't done anything consistently for 167 days this season besides eat and shit. That's dedication

Damn, 167 is legit. I was around 120 before I liquefied my knee in early April. Props on the consistency!

Nothing better to do in a pandemic year than just go skiing every day. 167 days this season beat my personal best by 14 days, but that season (10-11) went from October through the following September. This streak was just November to May. Taking a week off to catch up on some jobs...then some Mammoth days next week for me.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Wow. Did they at least buy you a beer? You were there more days than most/all of their employees!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Wow. Did they at least buy you a beer? You were there more days than most/all of their employees!
    all, i'd say
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Nothing better to do in a pandemic year than just go skiing every day. 167 days this season beat my personal best by 14 days, but that season (10-11) went from October through the following September. This streak was just November to May. Taking a week off to catch up on some jobs...then some Mammoth days next week for me.
    Nice!
    It’s kind of a thing to do here and there we’re 57 that skied every day.
    I missed 6 out of 154, in January when it was hard and the wife talked me into a beach intervention.
    I’m still going for the most combined lift served bike/ski, for the second year in a row.

Man, I ski for a living and G2A skied more than me this season!
    Kudos gigante!!!

On a related note, Closing Day at AM was mondo fun.
    G2A allowed me to ski with his crew (Mrs.G2A, Unpossible), plus Vets made an appearance.
    I actually convinced all of them to side slip skier's right of "Sun Spot" and we ended up with a sweet, groomed corn run.
    Snow stayed good until we bailed at noon.
    Crowds fluctuated and there were still a few I-don't-have-to-wear-a-mask douche burglars roaming around, but overall people were cool and the skiing was solid.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

If anyone wants to ski the true gnar right now, take mountain run at Squaw to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    If anyone wants to ski the true gnar right now, take mountain run at Squaw to the base.
    Did that Sunday. Squaw should have had a cold beer for me at the bottom, gratis. Almost had to take off the skis...

Quote Originally Posted by mark AT View Post
    Did that Sunday. Squaw should have had a cold beer for me at the bottom, gratis. Almost had to take off the skis...
    In dry years past the only way down the mountain end of season was the funi or tram. I guess they're trying to keep the mountain run open for the covid, same reason Squaw One has been running. Wish they would run Squaw One in normal years all the time but I suppose that isn't going to happen

Been stoked with Squaw One running. Always prefer the fresh morning air in spring over being in a cabin. The funi and tram serve a purpose, but I'd rather be on a chair most days.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    We had tons of fun on Mountain Run last weekend. Sunday morning we hit it twice early and it was perfect corn at 9:05. Firm with just the top inch soft and fast. 2nd run was great too, but we could feel it changing. Late in the day Saturday was like water skiing slush. Sunday was fun late, but juts a bit stickier intuit flat section after Headwall. We love that shit. My kid is funny. We were coming back from Granite Chief late in the day and got to the top of Shirley. He insisted we traverse to the top of Meadow and connect with Mountain Run so we could do it "the whole way" even though he knew we would be walking after the base of Belmont. I juts never enjoy taking the fun/tram down unless I'm hot tubing for free like they used to offer in spring. Ski 'till 3 and hot tub 'till 4:15 and head down the tram dripping wet. Otherwise, I'd rather ski down and hike or hop over the dirt and mud.

^^ yeah a lot has changed in a week or so. Lol. Today was comical but also fun.

So we are not radder than y’all? Damn. Thought our research paid off.

#basestructureandfreshyellowwaxforthewin

Free base grinds on Mountain Run!

Great season. Big thanks to the purveyors of chairlift access for the good times and somehow... against all odds...staying open despite the 'Rona. It's been real.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

How’s the coverage in Shirley? Rock ski time? Been outta the mode due to kids soccer. Thinking of sliding tomm versus jackass laps.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    I didn't know you were writing Unofficial Alpine again - thought that went off the air in 2019 (or so) - back at it?

That's a lotta days!! Good work.

Tahoepa, Shirley was in good shape, relatively speaking. The overnight lows are only getting warmer this week, so get on it early. I didn't need my rock skis, but definitely DO NOT air over anything without seeing what horrific suncups or rocks await below.
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    Free base grinds on Mountain Run!

Great season. Big thanks to the purveyors of chairlift access for the good times and somehow... against all odds...staying open despite the 'Rona. It's been real.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    That’s what I’m talking about. Enuff speed and you get your spring structure.

Those last two shots confused me for a moment.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1620776304.123397.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	178.5 KB 
ID:	374283

Shirley yesterday just for perspective. Still pretty decent for the most part and no rock skis necessary yet.

(Nice skis meter-man)

That’s the ski I’ve been riding this spring. Love it in the whole transition other than the rare bullet proof morning

You guys are so silly!
    All skis are rock skis.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

^^ I fully subscribe to the tools not jewels mentality. Anyone skiing Tahoe the past 10 years might as well be on board at this point.