Page 61 of 226 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 5635
    Well, i guess the "good news" is it looks like no snow before MLK, so that should keep the travellers down from what it could be.
    Yay?

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    These plus Lombard Street?
    Attachment 356979
    Fuck that shit - stick with blades.

So if you live in KB and traveled 5 minutes into NV you’re supposed to quarantine for 10 days? lol... it’s amusing how CA is pretending it’s some kind of island even though our case counts are spiking even worse than a lot of other surrounding states. There’s zero data to support that there’s any difference between traveling 180 miles and 120 miles. Someone just made that shit up. It does conveniently allow Newsom and his family to come ski, however.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If technology fails me and the embedd doesn't work.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

One thing about the new travel ban, some resort employees/volunteers live part time in the Bay Area. I’m specifically thinking about ski patrol and the mtn doctors. Maybe they all qualify as essential.

Are any resorts still allowing National ski patrol, assuming that's what you mean. I thought they had all ended the program for the year.

And No TahoeJ there are of course provisions for people that live near and cross the state lines regularly.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Started misting rain on me in the Desolation, bailed to the sunny side of town and hit firebreak, most quite I’ve seen town in a loooooong time

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	436E6A41-2FE8-410A-8162-1984DC2086FB.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	578.6 KB 
ID:	357015

Squaw report from late afternoon. Cooled off up top and wind really picked up. Unfortunately lots of scouring of the nice chalky snow back down to ice. Headwall face as example.

Are any resorts still allowing National ski patrol, assuming that's what you mean. I thought they had all ended the program for the year.

And No TahoeJ there are of course provisions for people that live near and cross the state lines regularly.
    I know, my point was really just the goofiness of pretending that the virus cares about our imaginary lines.

The skiing today was... not great, unless you’re a fan of flat light and snain. Ugh.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Sugarbowl has volunteer nationals, candidates for NSP, mountain safety (volunteers), volunteer mountain doctors (on skis), and pro patrol all working (or training) this season. I thought squaw had nationals this season, too, but I could be wrong. I’m also pretty sure some of the smaller hills, like donner ski ranch, do not have pro patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I know, my point was really just the goofiness of pretending that the virus cares about our imaginary lines.
    It doesn't care about imaginary state lines but preventing travel across any imaginary or real line, as long as it results in fewer aggregate miles traveled, will result in reduced transmission. This is assuming that each mile travelled will result in additional contact, which again, in the aggregate is true. It's also not just about transmission it's about coming here and catching it here. Our hospitals can't take it. Right now Northern Nevada's can, although the south took a large jump up today and the north a small but noticeable reversal of their downward trend.
    Coming from Florida I have a number of FB friends that still live there. Unlike Thanksgiving when they seemed to stay home their feeds were filled with trips to Vail, Jackson Hole, the Northeast, etc. for Christmas. And now Florida is blowing up huge. it certainly seems like at this point the Christmas surge is going to be much more pronounced than Thanksgiving

Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    Sugarbowl has volunteer nationals, candidates for NSP, mountain safety (volunteers), volunteer mountain doctors (on skis), and pro patrol all working (or training) this season. I thought squaw had nationals this season, too, but I could be wrong. I’m also pretty sure some of the smaller hills, like donner ski ranch, do not have pro patrol.
    I rode a lift with a NSP at Squaw this season.

ya'll having a terrible snow season out there?
    swing your fucking sword.

^^^^ Slow start. Depends what you consider terrible. It is low tide in a lot of places, but that tends to make things more interesting. Snain may have turned it from low tide to crusty low tide tho, in which case, it is taking a step toward terrible, I guess.

Tahoe is season does not really start until after MLK anyway these days. Runs into May. or June.

At least BA is letting everyone know there is plenty of snow. Why?

A lot of casual skiers keep telling me about how this is a good year to miss skiing due to pandemic, because there is no snow up in Tahoe. I think is it good they don't know. Can some local please let BA know it is best to keep those rumors going instead of being part of the marketing arm trying to get more skiers up there? Fo fucks sake.

Didya see nws tweet? "Our" snow ended up in Madrid...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210109-105102_Chrome.jpeg 
Views:	115 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	357071

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    At least BA is letting everyone know there is plenty of snow. Why?

A lot of casual skiers keep telling me about how this is a good year to miss skiing due to pandemic, because there is no snow up in Tahoe. I think is it good they don't know. Can some local please let BA know it is best to keep those rumors going instead of being part of the marketing arm trying to get more skiers up there? Fo fucks sake.
    I mean... You don't think he's on the payroll?
    ((. The joy I get from skiing...
    .))
    ((. That's worth living for.
    .))

He for sure is. But still a pretty lame move. It not like there is a lot of snow and the masses don’t really like thin cover anyway. I really don’t know why, but mists of the casual two weekend a season skiers only want to go up after there is a deep base and fresh snow and rarely, if ever, get off the groomers. I guess, tho, these people are not daily forecast readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    He for sure is. But still a pretty lame move. It not like there is a lot of snow and the masses don’t really like thin cover anyway. I really don’t know why, but mists of the casual two weekend a season skiers only want to go up after there is a deep base and fresh snow and rarely, if ever, get off the groomers. I guess, tho, these people are not daily forecast readers.
    They’re comin regardless......sledding injuries are all time per my TFH friends. The glory years are over......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Well everyone arrived again today, made the mistake of going to the end of Keller at 10:15 to ride Van Sickle. Crazy on ski run Blvd from people trying to grab the last couple street parking spots as the California lot was full. Lift line a buddy took a photo of had people all the way out in the parking lot, never once seen that before ever, at least there limiting the number of folk that can ski, NOT.

Edit: this was the line to pick up a pass, line on gunbarrel was just backed up to the first chair lift, which is still stupid long

Name:	6223EB2E-D122-4CEC-87C0-A37681C5180A.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	743.7 KB 
ID:	357095
    Last edited by TahoeBC; 01-09-2021 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Well everyone arrived again today, made the mistake of going to the end of Keller at 10:15 to ride Van Sickle. Crazy on ski run Blvd from people trying to grab the last couple street parking spots as the California lot was full. Lift line a buddy took a photo of had people all the way out in the parking lot, never once seen that before ever, at least there limiting the number of folk that can ski, NOT.

Edit: this was the line to pick up a pass, line on gunbarrel was just backed up to the first chair lift, which is still stupid long

That’s the stupidest thing I’ve seen in a while......

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post

That’s a lot of people who live 120 miles within Heavenly that haven’t picked up their pass this season...

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    ya'll having a terrible snow season out there?
    Depends what you plan to do in the snow. The teeny tiny terrain park I set up works out even better for bikes

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	912.0 KB 
ID:	357103

If you're wondering why south lake is so busy, the lodging association decided that it was up to guests to police themselves as far as the essential worker thing and the hotels are all basically full to capacity. Yesterday was our highest single day of new cases (lake Tahoe portion of Eldo county) since the pandemic started.

If you're wondering why south lake is so busy, the lodging association decided that it was up to guests to police themselves as far as the essential worker thing and the hotels are all basically full to capacity. Yesterday was our highest single day of new cases (lake Tahoe portion of Eldo county) since the pandemic started.
    You mean shmandemic?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I saw literal human shit on the skin track today. Then I saw someone fall - not once, not twice, but three times in a grand total of 5 turns off the top of silver peak today. Looked straight out of the nineties. Backwards baseball cap under googles, the classic shovel strapped to outside of backpack, 90s era skis. Found trash strewn on the peak. Very disappointing.

Ski conditions: Manageable breakable crust at noon on S and E aspects. Mostly supportable crust lower down with fun surface hoar on top.

Not a bad day (minus the skin track shit).

Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk