Page 143 of 226 FirstFirst ... 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 5635
    I just want to know if one of ya'll was the guy out there this morning with the ice axe?

that seemed slightly unnecessary imho

Anyway heres some screenshots I stole from the instagram for your morning stoke. Sorry bout the quality.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0856.jpeg 
Views:	108 
Size:	131.4 KB 
ID:	371559

Name:	IMG_0857.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	134.6 KB 
ID:	371560

Name:	IMG_0858.jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	133.1 KB 
ID:	371561

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Tahoe Sports Hub
    Second this, got some custom footbeds there this year and they have been really good about tweaking them to get them dialed. Have worked with several of their bootfitters now and they all seem pretty good.

Sent from my Pixel XL using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Fluffy foot. Knee deep turns. Chest shots. Touching bottom but
    NICE
    I'll say! Damn!

Great seeing that!

A few days ago in E Sierra...

Name:	7B2D2133-F2F3-49EB-AA41-44E6040E1E1C.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	867.1 KB 
ID:	371600
    ...and this today...

Name:	AAC4B5B4-7935-4650-BE28-5F527157E7E2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	371601
    is why I like Spring.

Nice turns latish morning at Red Lake. Spent the day running errands/laundry but there’s another wave coming through now so it seems a sunset slide is in order

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Name:	IMG_6733.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	371611Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6765.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.31 MB 
ID:	371612Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6776.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	1.46 MB 
ID:	371613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4109.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	609.7 KB 
ID:	371614
    Next couple days gonna be interesting

^ Is that Heavenly?

Nice gimpy!
    Some turns from the morning and evening

https://youtu.be/Jwynr6Dss2I

New skis? Rock skis?

Glad to see people get some today.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Nice gimpy!
    Some turns from the morning and evening

https://youtu.be/Jwynr6Dss2I

love this dogo, a cutie haha

great clip

Quote Originally Posted by jorion View Post
    New skis? Rock skis?

Glad to see people get some today.
    Craigslist deal. $250 for skis, trackers and new bd skins. Trackers suck for touring but they’re fun for the down and the set up is much more spring friendly

I was gonna say that Powdork does not own any rock skis. Something along the lines of “tools not toys”.

Even more shocked to hear he is using day wreckers. Im impressed. And sure he would still lap me on the way up.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Not day wreckers. Atomic Trackers, same as guardian. Main downfall is no flat setting, but the unnatural motion also tends to hurt the knee. But the big heavy frame feels great on the knee going down compared to pins.

And it’s ‘tools not jewels’.
    But that only applies while skiing. Back to the car and they’re jewels again.

get ahold of some Tecton 12
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

There's just no shortage of people who arrived two years ago complaining about people who arrived last year. Pick a place, literally anywhere (SF, Tahoe, Bozeman, whenever) and you could just play mad-libs with the articles. "When I got here in [year] things were [different] and now all these people from [place] are coming and it's bad."

Hell, it extends even to non-places like van life: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/02/u...-pandemic.html

How many of those kids protesting at the traffic circle are still rolling around with their NH live-free-or-die plates they haven't bothered to swap out at the DMV?

I think it's mostly about lifestyle resentment. The sacrifices many had to make to live in a mountain town have become sort of obsolete and people are bitter about the change. Which, I definitely sympathize with. And I understand the concerns about the local culture and sense of community vanishing. We had all of those same concerns in Sonoma over the past 5 to 20 years with an invasion of SF / South Bay / Marin home owners, and while things did change (some good, some bad), it wasn't nearly as dramatic as people made it out to be. But a shit ton of people I grew up with who didn't want to leave were driven out, no question. You either had a good-paying job and could handle the massive increase in the cost of living, or you didn't and you were fucked. I don't really think there's a viable solution (we banned STR's in the early 2000's and it didn't accomplish much). Although, just like Tahoe, shit has gone crazy on a whole new level since Covid.

Mentioning van life, I think 395 should officially be renamed the Sprinter Van Highway.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

If you've ever gotten medical attention in south lake, hug a nurse.

Barton nurses voted overwhelmingly to join the California Nurses Association in 2017. They began negotiations in March 2018, bringing issues such as unsafe staffing, turnover, and health benefits to the bargaining table. The nurses struck in May and September of 2019 over unsafe working conditions and Barton’s practice of sending nurses into collections over medical debt owed to Barton. Even during a deadly pandemic, management refused to agree to a fair first contract.

Union Nurses Keep Tahoe Safe! Join us April 16th and show support for Barton nurses!
    https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJM...jleVi_cIvs0sX4
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

What bullshit. There is good Indian food in Truckee. The Thai is so-so, but it's been a while.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    If you've ever gotten medical attention in south lake, hug a nurse.

https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJM...jleVi_cIvs0sX4
    Good luck to the nurses. I don't know how Barton is doing financially--anyone?
    The nurses struck my hospital a couple of times while I was there. The last time was for a couple of weeks and they eventually agreed to a contract. Within a couple of months Kaiser spontaneously gave them a raise because they were having trouble hiring.
    There's no question that nurses--all HCW's--were and still are working in unsafe conditions during the pandemic. It's hard to blame the hospitals too much--the whole country was unprepared, especially with PPE and there was none to be bought. If a construction site is unsafe you can shut it down until it's fixed but you can't shut a hospital in a pandemic.

I certainly understand the nurses' anger and frustration with the situation. I guess the only way a nurse can afford to live at Tahoe is to marry a doctor--a deal with the devil.
    Last edited by old goat; 04-15-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Thai is so-so, but it's been a while.
    I'm actually a big fan of Siam Cuisine in Truckee (the place across from Forest Hospital). Kinda depends on what you order, but their red curry is damn tasty. Pad Thai is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I'm actually a big fan of Siam Cuisine in Truckee (the place across from Forest Hospital). Kinda depends on what you order, but their red curry is damn tasty. Pad Thai is good too.
    I haven't been there in a while. It has changed hands a few times. Some years ago--a couple of owners ago--it was very good. Guess we need to try again.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    What bullshit. There is good Indian food in Truckee.

If you are referring to the only Indian food spot in Truckee, over by CVS, then I have to politely disagree..
    To me, their food isn't even mediocre at best.
    And nevermind that just last week when I went to my P.O. Box I witnessed no less than 6 people in the kitchen, none of them wearing either masks or gloves...

Honestly three (of many) things I miss most about living in SF (FWIW, I moved up here in 2009) are:
    Great (and cheap) Mexican food
    Great Indian food
    Great sushi (all-you-can-eat is a purely NV thang)

But hey, I realize that everybody's palette is different, so to each their own...

Last edited by dookey67; 04-15-2021 at 11:14 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Y’all need to get some tikka masala from Shangri la on ski run Blvd in south lake. It’s a newer himilayan/ Indian food place and the tikka and garlic naan are just so fucking good. Go support them......you can thank me later

Snow amazingly held up and even improved in some spots.......cold overnight temps sucked moisture out and didn’t have a single wet/sticky turn

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

I’ll definitely check it out if I ever make it to south lake again. It might as well be San Jose. Actually, I love some of those trails over there so I take it back. Armstrong, Corral, Tikki Marsala... check. Been a while since I’ve hit Toads too. Seems like a good excuse come May/June.

If SLT is like SJ then there would be killer Vietnamese in Emerald Bay.