Page 132 of 226 FirstFirst ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 ... LastLast
Results 3,276 to 3,300 of 5635
    and if anyone wants the solly driver equipes....
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I miss the frakenblade ordering every year

Rumors are afoot the SquAlpine Gondola is going in this summer...

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post

Wow! That more than justifies the increased price of an Ikon pass.

Not.

reposting cause one of the snowlerblade posts got deleted and pulled this to the bottom of the last page where it's invisible- free bike box

Anybody want a bike box. It's awesome, holds a mountain bike (at least 27.5) without breaking it down (other than pedals which usually aren't included anyway). Includes foam padding for the tender bits. $10 on the FB marketplace. TGR price - $free.95
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7593.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	605.2 KB 
ID:	369179
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    They shipped early, arrived Wednesday.

Mounting them today.
    Nice. I keep hoping this baby (the ultimate quiver addition) goes on sale on SAC: https://www.backcountry.com/faction-...E6bW9ub3NraQ==

*This is me wasting 30 minutes going down a monoski wormhole on the internet when I've got a ton of work.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post

The super-big bummer for me is RAD DOG. They have to move Red Dog to accommodate the approved base location for the new S2A gondy.

Squaw has had approved conditional use permits for a new RAD DOG alignment for years. It would put the new base area where the existing race shacks are - next to the parking lot. That alignment would make lapping Poulsen's area far more feasible, and make it a legit lower-mountain option on storm days. Plus, it was pegged as a detachable, high-speed 6-pack (making the trip WAY shorter), but increasing skiers per hour from existing 1800 to 3200. (Further revised.) Details here and maps around pages 46-48: https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCe...ift-052319-ALL

But....a troller told me Squaw has scrapped that plan, and instead...they are just going to move the RAD DOG base up the hill to the second or third tower and start it there. A couple other people told me the same. LAME AF.

I don't give no shits about the gondy, but was STOKED by the new RAD DOG. Not so stoked anymore.

ETA!!!! Just searched Placer Co - looks like Squaw requested and received a three year extension for the RAD DOG replacement in Jan. 2021. Maybe there's still hope! https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCe...021121-ALL-PDF
    sproing!

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    I present you, Jabroni Alley. 3/20/21
    Attachment 369136
    Well, it’s not like I said I was going on Saturday and thinking about taking Stump Alley.

And I bet few of those folks are BA gapers or entitled Tahoe locals.

And how the hell are ya? I’ll be back at KW next winter.

Stump alley lift line used to look like that in the 80s and early 90’s.

For those that haven’t monoskied, highly recommend. It’s super fun in late spring corn and powder.

Anybody wanna sell me some used snowblades?

in case you need a blade in your quiver....

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/spo...295794011.html

Does anyone really?

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    The super-big bummer for me is RAD DOG. They have to move Red Dog to accommodate the approved base location for the new S2A gondy.

Squaw has had approved conditional use permits for a new RAD DOG alignment for years. It would put the new base area where the existing race shacks are - next to the parking lot. That alignment would make lapping Poulsen's area far more feasible, and make it a legit lower-mountain option on storm days. Plus, it was pegged as a detachable, high-speed 6-pack (making the trip WAY shorter), but increasing skiers per hour from existing 1800 to 3200. (Further revised.) Details here and maps around pages 46-48: https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCe...ift-052319-ALL

But....a troller told me Squaw has scrapped that plan, and instead...they are just going to move the RAD DOG base up the hill to the second or third tower and start it there. A couple other people told me the same. LAME AF.

I don't give no shits about the gondy, but was STOKED by the new RAD DOG. Not so stoked anymore.

ETA!!!! Just searched Placer Co - looks like Squaw requested and received a three year extension for the RAD DOG replacement in Jan. 2021. Maybe there's still hope! https://www.placer.ca.gov/DocumentCe...021121-ALL-PDF
    Currently RAD DOG is moving a whopping 30 feet uphill. I’ve got an inside source. Don’t get too worked up.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Does anyone have any good recommendations for a short north lake/west shore area to give a friend crampon/ice axe 101 lessons? Can be a simple hill somewhere with some pitch. Doesn't need to be extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by Shred Baron View Post
    Currently RAD DOG is moving a whopping 30 feet uphill. I’ve got an inside source. Don’t get too worked up.

Given how much time late arriving folks spend looking for a vacant close parking spot I'd day moving RD 30 ft uphill will matter to some.
    Is there still going to be a lift tower in the middle of west face or is that gone with the new alignment?

Shred Baron - I only got sad face for that...but I have hope for RAD DOG 2022!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Given how much time late arriving folks spend looking for a vacant close parking spot I'd day moving RD 30 ft uphill will matter to some.
    Is there still going to be a lift tower in the middle of west face or is that gone with the new alignment?
    The Snowbrains article has a map. Alternative 4. Only mid-station with unloading is where the KT patrol shack is now. No lift towers on West Face/Alternates...but they are putting one on Engerbretson's. ;
    sproing!

I'd rather have RAD DOG and RESORT CHAIR hyper-speed chairlifts than a gondola to Alpine Ghettos but that's me. From what I read, it doesn't run at night and not in the off-season which eliminates any way for people at Alpine to take it to Squaw for dinner etc. There's nothing at Alpine (restaurants/village/shops) so people at Squaw wouldn't really use it other than to get to Alpine for skiing but ultimately only eliminating the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    I present you, Jabroni Alley. 3/20/21
    Attachment 369136
    I present you, Jabroni Alley. 3/21/21. You ski Mammoth on a Saturday, what would you expect?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4617.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	369296
    It's all about timing, guess yours wasn't good.

Yo AKBruin!

Did you get new neighbors?

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ge...ion-to-nevada/
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The only upside I can see for the gondola is that it might let AM stay open longer for spring skiing if resort guests can get there by lift instead of bus.

Article in the Sac Bee about Tahoe area bears dying of encephalitis. If you see a bear that seems to have no fear of people you might call animal control.
    https://www.sacbee.com/news/californ...mainstage_lead

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Yo AKBruin!

Did you get new neighbors?

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ge...ion-to-nevada/
    In the article, Simmons says "The quality of life is better there, so we can go hiking without bumping into people" in reference to Tahoe. Obviously I know that Tahoe is no LA and quality of life is almost certainly better, but talking about the basin as a wonderland of solitude is pretty humorous. Also the posturing of moving to Nevada, when you're really just moving to east side of the lake, is friggen rich. I guess whatever you have to tell yourself to make you think that at heart, you're just a rough-and-tough down-home dude who's spent too long in the big city.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ5 View Post
    In the article, Simmons says "The quality of life is better there, so we can go hiking without bumping into people" in reference to Tahoe. Obviously I know that Tahoe is no LA and quality of life is almost certainly better, but talking about the basin as a wonderland of solitude is pretty humorous. Also the posturing of moving to Nevada, when you're really just moving to east side of the lake, is friggen rich. I guess whatever you have to tell yourself to make you think that at heart, you're just a rough-and-tough down-home dude who's spent too long in the big city.
    I frequently go on hikes where I don't see anyone after about 2 miles.

Cool

The guy is 70? So he could hike around his 4 acre's and be left alone. No idea if it's Washoe county or douglas county. He has lots of people he knows either way
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Anybody want a bike box. It's awesome, holds a mountain bike (at least 27.5) without breaking it down (other than pedals which usually aren't included anyway). Includes foam padding for the tender bits. $10 on the FB marketplace. TGR price - $free.95
    Attachment 369176
    Pm sent your way

Both true. I’m probs just hatin cuz he’s rich, I’d 100% do the same if I could buy a house at the lake. And regarding trails, I think I just need to do some more exploring in summer. Easy to get away from people in winter.

Hoping a good melt-freeze today makes the snow more uniform for some good spring-type skiing tomorrow...

Both true. I’m probs just hatin cuz he’s rich, I’d 100% do the same if I could buy a house at the lake. And regarding trails, I think I just need to do some more exploring in summer. Easy to get away from people in winter.

Hoping a good melt-freeze today makes the snow more uniform for some good spring-type skiing tomorrow...

There is a really nice road right out of Carson City that puts you in the mountains all alone in minutes. You should be able to figure it out. Above the old Jr highschool
    Own your fail. ~Jer~