Page 29 of 226 FirstFirst ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast
    I’m guessing you’ve ^^^ never been on monitor.......... solid meh

An entire pass completely devoid of any north facing slopes.

Except 1
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Correct assumption and noted. Only been in CA for a year and change and there's much more exciting things to explore...

But sometimes meh solo is better than radness with 25 other groups around imo.

If there is a state wide shutdown it might be until xmas--or if they want to curtail xmas socializing, until after NY, rather than indefinite.
    I would expect a state shutdown would include closing down hotels and vacation rentals like they did in the spring. Anyway, this is all speculation for now. Maybe Newsom will invite us all to dinner at the French Laundry.

About T'giving--if they wanted to slow things down they could have had the airlines cancel flights around Thanksgiving. Telling people not to travel but not doing anything to stop it, close schools but leaving bars open--it's that kind of inconsistency and lack of clear messaging that is making this thing hard to fight. That and people being people--ie assholes.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If there is a state wide shutdown it might be until xmas--or if they want to curtail xmas socializing, until after NY, rather than indefinite.
    I would expect a state shutdown would include closing down hotels and vacation rentals like they did in the spring. Anyway, this is all speculation for now. Maybe Newsom will invite us all to dinner at the French Laundry.

About T'giving--if they wanted to slow things down they could have had the airlines cancel flights around Thanksgiving. Telling people not to travel but not doing anything to stop it, close schools but leaving bars open--it's that kind of inconsistency and lack of clear messaging that is making this thing hard to fight. That and people being people--ie assholes.
    Don’t forget open ski resorts that encourage travel and packing many people into STRs. Thankfully the dry spell should keep crowds down for a few weeks but if a storm hits around Christmas then look for the masses to flock to Tahoe. Remember what happened last year when the stay at home order was issued and all the Bay Area flocked to Tahoe. Reservations this season may help a little but something tells me that people will still bring their whole family and just less people will ski.

Snow was not as nice today (Rose). Had been nice chalky bumps. But today's wind firmed everything up, making for hard-banging turns.
    A bit of blower was drifting up some runs, but not enough for a good time.
    More rocks showing through than a week ago. Empty tho!

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    FYI Monitor Pass is scheduled to re-open at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 1, 2020 According to Caltrans. Hopefully that opens up some secret stash for someone Admittedly no idea about the skiing options up there or snow levels but hopefully someone can make use of that info and get after it.
    I'm driving to Bishop on Friday for the ESAC fundraiser so that would make a big difference for me. Where'd you hear that?
    "Climb the mountains and get their good tidings. The winds will blow their freshness into you, and the storms, their energy. Your cares and tensions will drop away like the leaves of Autumn." --John Muir

"welcome to the hacienda, asshole." --s.p.c.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutter View Post
    I'm driving to Bishop on Friday for the ESAC fundraiser so that would make a big difference for me. Where'd you hear that?
    Caltrans district 10 on Facebook https://m.facebook.com/#!/1192342881...pe=3&source=57

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

unless you live in markleeville....... it takes the exact amount of time to go through gardnerville which allows you to get cheap gas first at the 711. monitor is great for xcountry skiing though

^^^this

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    FWIW, I know a mostly statewide stay at home would be different, but Mt High is still open during LA county's current stay at home.

So can epic resorts stay open financially when it's only or almost only local passholders? I mean, they weren't looking at much in the way of incremental income this season anyway so I don't see why not. it might give them a reason to curtail operations to save money and still not have to refund anyone.
    Stay at Home order is one way to get your Epic Pass refunded. If you have not yet used it, it will be 100%. So if SaH is ordered, Vail will likely lose plenty and decide to shit down, instead of hemorrhaging money by still spinning lifts.

Ikon will say duck it as SaH has not effect on how their refund program works.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    FYI Monitor Pass is scheduled to re-open at 9:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 1, 2020 According to Caltrans. Hopefully that opens up some secret stash for someone Admittedly no idea about the skiing options up there or snow levels but hopefully someone can make use of that info and get after it.
    PM Vets

Ha! Relief is in sight for Truckee...
    *Make Redding your
    gateway to N.Cal adventures*
    According to ActiveNorCal.
    Make a change from meth heads, latino gangs, and cattle trucks, I guess. Close to china peak at least...

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

...(red face) wrong town. Redding is way up there. Got muddled.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8D4E2A7F-88FC-424E-86E8-85FA9157328B.png 
Views:	99 
Size:	958.3 KB 
ID:	350683

An hour ago. Get yer xc on.

Thankful for sliding on snow at Thanksgiving.

Conditions at SB on opening day were good, and Lincoln popped about 10:30. Covid-wise, while most everyone was masked, the mazes seemed unregulated leading to repeated shoulder to shoulder standing particularly when the RIF gates/passes failed to work or the lifts stopped.

Saturday decided to tour to SB via Onion Creek. The top half was windjacked and rocky. The bottom half was willows and lots of needle and stick debris from the earlier wind. Tending towards Class III fun. Gaining the ridge at Crows, the snow on the north side was similarly covered in debris with soft patches away from the re-frozen chatter around the base of the trees. The slopes at SB were uncrowded.

Sunday, originally going to cruise towards the north side of Castle. With no parking at Boreal, checked out the sno-park. It was wall to wall cars on both side of the road from the Boreal Lodge to the PCT trailhead. Lots of families looking for snow fun. Opted to SB for a triple drainage ski. Went south off of Lincoln into the American River drainage. Supportable and corned up it was really nice. Then up to the Crest and dropped into Coldstream/Truckee River drainage for some spicier turns. North facing was cold boot top sugar turns. A solid hour and half back to Roller pass, remarkably there were two other tracks out there. Got back to the Lunch Rock just in time watch the sun set and a darkening ski into the Yuba River drainage back to the car with similar boot top crystallized facets.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Yes yes.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Snow was not as nice today (Rose). Had been nice chalky bumps. But today's wind firmed everything up, making for hard-banging turns.
    A bit of blower was drifting up some runs, but not enough for a good time.
    More rocks showing through than a week ago. Empty tho!
    Just finished up at Rose and TurxSki’s post from the other day pretty much sums it up. Snow is starting to get glazed in some spots. If this continues I’m going to need to get some narrower skis with more side cut.

Name:	EE82081D-FF60-4AFC-A4A1-0331F33D928D.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	661.3 KB 
ID:	350718
    View from the Zephyr chair. Rose has farmed as much snow as possible, and the snow on the only Slide side run is still rock hard.

Name:	ACFFC7AE-1C4C-447C-B956-FBFE79ED8964.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	640.3 KB 
ID:	350721
    Lake View late in the day with sun on it and some of the better snow.
    Trying to stay motivated to come up for an hour or two each day. 🤞

Photo dump of the goods before the thanksgiving day east winds wreaked havoc...... blown out windboard now

Name:	IMG_7239.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	982.6 KB 
ID:	350751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7368.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	350752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7439.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	350753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7462.jpg 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	350754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7598.jpg 
Size:	1.71 MB 
ID:	350755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7556.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	350756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7599.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	350757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7600.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	350758Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7601.jpg 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	350759

Couple pics from the blown out pass post wind event

Name:	IMG_7602.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	350760Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7603.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.39 MB 
ID:	350761

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Ugh. For the first time since 2001, I don't have a pass. Called Sierra and pushed them to next season. Maybe the snow and world will be better by March and we can get some days in. Until then, I fully expect Newsom to shut down the state by Friday and keep it closed through new years because people are fucking retarded.

I have a feeling caltrans will be stupidly slow at clearing the roads this year as well. Chain control checkpoints will likely turn into covid tourist checkpoints. You got skis on your car? Turn it around and go home flatlander.

Maybe this is all sour grapes, but I really need to get out and I can't justify the risk to my family. This shit needs to end and I'm not going to be on the wrong side of this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Quote Originally Posted by DJSapp View Post
    Ugh. For the first time since 2001, I don't have a pass. Called Sierra and pushed them to next season. Maybe the snow and world will be better by March and we can get some days in. Until then, I fully expect Newsom to shut down the state by Friday and keep it closed through new years because people are fucking retarded.

I have a feeling caltrans will be stupidly slow at clearing the roads this year as well. Chain control checkpoints will likely turn into covid tourist checkpoints. You got skis on your car? Turn it around and go home flatlander.

Maybe this is all sour grapes, but I really need to get out and I can't justify the risk to my family. This shit needs to end and I'm not going to be on the wrong side of this.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Been to any gas station lately anywhere in the basin? It's so dumb. When I distance, I am the bad guy. Full families, no protection. Bring your whole family to Safeway to buy a cheap ass frozen pizza, touch every product you won't buy, talk excessively on your phone, ...yeah thanks bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    Been to any gas station lately anywhere in the basin? It's so dumb. When I distance, I am the bad guy. Full families, no protection. Bring your whole family to Safeway to buy a cheap ass frozen pizza, touch every product you won't buy, talk excessively on your phone, ...yeah thanks bro.
    Damn. I haven't been up since March before this all started (haven't been much of anywhere since March really). That is ridiculous. I know I'm doing the right thing by keeping my head down, but this fucking sucks and people doing this kind of shit is only prolonging the suck.
    I've concluded that DJSapp was never DJSapp, and Not DJSapp is also not DJSapp, so that means he's telling the truth now and he was lying before.

Way funnier with the image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Drove over monitor on the way back from Emma today. Not enough coverage on anything steep enough to make turns on.

Down south at Emma about 4"-12" of unconsolidated sugary facets with surface hoar on top. No base. It's gonna be a mess when it gets weighed down

Name:	IMG_5728.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	429.8 KB 
ID:	350891

And took a tour through walker on the way back. I had no idea there over 80 structures lost in the Mountain View fire

Name:	IMG_5730.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	392.4 KB 
ID:	350890