Page 73 of 226 FirstFirst ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 5635
    just wait

it will get bad and scary

then worse

then better
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by gnarbro365 View Post
    Dropping in to leave the 18z GFS op run here... praise jahllegretto

Attachment 359221

Not trying to jinx y’all...have fun!
    Is that map forecasted wind speeds? Looks about right.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

I have just found over the past few seasons that the 10 day is just far more accurate. If we got weather and the temps align we have a good shot of snow. I will wait for the inflated #'s once it's on the ground.

The same day forecast is the gold standard and can be trusted.

Subscribe to BA's site the guy has been posting forecasts since the TWD.com days and is now making a career of it - support local it's like 15 bucks a year barely buys a few coffees

Can’t hate on BA. He’s a good dude and passionate about this stuff. I don’t really think he adds to crowds... if anything he tempers expectations at times.

Pretty legit snowfall over Donner Pass tonight on my way back to Truckee. Tomorrow could be half decent.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

I didn't even realize it had started snowing again--took a look out the window before turning in and there's another 4 inches--light as a feather. It's stopped snowing now.

Think Castle Peak will be busy tomorrow?

Somewhere between a trace and a skiff down south here but upwards of an inch on the mountains
    maybe
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Think Castle Peak will be busy tomorrow?

Somewhere between a trace and a skiff down south here but upwards of an inch on the mountains
    maybe
    There is 3 inches of fluff, sitting on 2 inches of super wet. Weird event.

Edge Deep at the Y.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Can’t hate on BA. He’s a good dude and passionate about this stuff. I don’t really think he adds to crowds... if anything he tempers expectations at times.

Pretty legit snowfall over Donner Pass tonight on my way back to Truckee. Tomorrow could be half decent.
    Agree. We all need a little wet optimism. I appreciate what he’s got to say most times.

Buddy of mine geeks out in between 6ft tubes over In homewood and he fucks up the long range all the time.

I hope it snows wet and deep....so so deep.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

FWIW no bombs this morning at Sugar Bowl

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Upthread, somebuddy mentioned BA deserving to get paid even though subscriptions don't go to him. Don't worry, he's getting paid and it' not chump change either. He's basically a news anchor and essential to Open Snow. He has some competition but OS managed to unify regional forecasters with a strong brand and is adding lots of useful features. The way they paint the outlines of the long-range has always been the best part and I used it to plan my mountaineering in CO this winter. You can get 95% of the 7-10 day from NWS (and sometimes they sound almost the same), but if you really want to know whether to go to Heavenly or Sugar Bowl, BA lays it down. He also did it for years for free so good on him for getting over.

Instead of tamping, how about we cut some lines of Wx cocaine and get all the hype out of our systems?

That said, we have questionable bonding with the old, crusty, rainboard and folx are finding facets below the crust as well as still hanging out from early December. The old facets may not be bridged due to shallow snowpack and high spatial variability. This whole sandwich is about to get a big ass test one way or the other. Be careful. Watch that Jones incident vid again and remember how fucked you can be with even a smallish slide that is deep and pushes you into trees and rocks or a terrain trap. Planned Parenthood rules: Be safe, have fun.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Westmeister View Post
    There is 3 inches of fluff, sitting on 2 inches of super wet. Weird event.
    super wet?? where did that come from? even the pavement never got above freezing at lake level yesterday

also speaking of open snow, the new forecast for wed-thurs storm is somewhere between 36" and 100". I hope we get closer to the 36" cause in that scenario the rest goes down to the eastside and they need it more than us

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    FWIW no bombs this morning at Sugar Bowl
    How much steep terrain is even open?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    How much steep terrain is even open?
    Yesterday Sisters and the 58 were open and a few people were skiing them--including some team kids that looked to be about 8, with their coach. Disney east side was open from East Face north. I didn't notice if the Nancy's and Sugar Bowl were open. And they shoot the Palisades whether they're open or not. Just not enough snow to bother I guess.

Finally crawled out of bed today, surprised to find a couple new inches on the ground and it’s still snowing, just got a trace yesterday.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

super wet?? where did that come from? even the pavement never got above freezing at lake level yesterday

also speaking of open snow, the new forecast for wed-thurs storm is somewhere between 36" and 100". I hope we get closer to the 36" cause in that scenario the rest goes down to the eastside and they need it more than us
    I had the same exact thought this morning when I read that. That’s a hell of a lot better scenario than it either hitting here or going out to sea. They need it now, and I want that region to fill in for spring!

And likely at least some more on the way soon anyways, even if we get the low-end of the forecast

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Wet Ass Powder

I’m gonna go ahead and hope we get 100” here...... I don’t recall ever getting that much snow around here that didn’t start with high snow levels from a pineapple. 36” of angel fluff does not make a base when it settles to 12”....... but 100” settling to 4’ would work just fine
    Bout 3” top kbury so low angle is the play today

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    I’m gonna go ahead and hope we get 100” here...... I don’t recall ever getting that much snow around here that didn’t start with high snow levels from a pineapple. 36” of angel fluff does not make a base when it settles to 12”....... but 100” settling to 4’ would work just fine
    Bout 3” top kbury so low angle is the play today
    There was a storm right after XMAS early 90's that started cold and stayed cold. At 6000 ft 5', then 3', then 3'. And another a few years later that dropped 9 feet over a few days--and then the rain washed it all away on New Years Day--along with docks, decks, propane tanks, etc. But the last time we had big snows--Snowmaggedon--it was like you say, big rains finally turning to snow. The last few big snow years have recorded more rain than snow water content at 6000 ft.

96-97 was the second storm you speak of

90s were before my time here.....i moved here in 99...... global weirding/warming

Yeah we can probably do without that.

Name:  1FBFE506-AB35-4C4D-8761-3C6384569D3F.jpeg
Views: 1106
Size:  146.6 KB

96-97 was the second storm you speak of

good news is we had then nine feet,. then the flooding, then finished with 30" of cold snow so all was forgiven.