Page 142 of 226 FirstFirst ... 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,526 to 3,550 of 5635
    Any suggestions for a north lake/Truckee shop that is still doing boot work? Just need a small punch/grind on one touring boot I already have, not a full fitting. Not quite sure who has switched to summer only stuff, etc.

Tahoe Sports Hub
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Any suggestions for a north lake/Truckee shop that is still doing boot work? Just need a small punch/grind on one touring boot I already have, not a full fitting. Not quite sure who has switched to summer only stuff, etc.
    I have the same question for South Lake (Olympic?). I need new shoes..

I totally need new boots and need to be fitted now post surgery. Only thing that sucks about living where I do. It’s hard to find time when I’m in the mountains to do a proper boot fitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    I totally need new boots and need to be fitted now post surgery. Only thing that sucks about living where I do. It’s hard to find time when I’m in the mountains to do a proper boot fitting.
    This guy worked at California Ski Company in Berkeley for years. I've seen him a few times at his home shop in Oakland. He's good, knows his stuff.

https://www.californiaskicompany.com...s-of-their-art

John Oshima Bootfitter Web Site

In South Lake I would say Olympic. Everybody else is a little sketch, as in hit or miss...Or have to do your own work after you pay them to do it poorly.

California Ski Company is Bezerkley is quality!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    California Ski Company is Bezerkley is quality!
    I don't normally like to drag shops but....
    I've had one bad experience: a mount where (unbeknownst to me) they had messed up one of the holes and had put a threaded insert in under the binding. Didn't find out about it until one of the other binding screws broke, and had to get the whole thing fixed. Mistakes happen, but they should have told me. (preemptive tech talk and mount your own skis jong)
    Another friend has had a really bad bootfit there, but he thinks it was during a busy period and got a temp - but California Ski Company did do a solid and help him with a ton of additional work to make the boot work.

That being said I've also talked to a few other people who have had really solid bootfitting experiences there, so seems inconsistent

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    ...Only thing that sucks about living where I do. It’s hard to find time when I’m in the mountains to do a proper boot fitting.
    How long until a guy in a Sprinter will come to you?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I gave up on cal ski co years ago after some not-great to bad experiences. Same with a friend of mine. But I will say that the one experience I had with John Oshima there was a good one, and he definitely seemed like the most qualified guy in the shop.

I just deal with the inconvenience of doing bootfitting in Tahoe, but if that wasn’t possible that guy would be the best Bay Area option that I’m aware of.

go to Helm of Sun Valley in San Mateo and ask for Mike
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Currently watching snowflakes drift aimlessly from the sky around Casa Dookey.
    Actually cut a tour short today because of funky weather...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Currently watching snowflakes drift aimlessly from the sky around Casa Dookey.
    Actually cut a tour short today because of funky weather...
    I saw one too!

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

This summer could possibly suck more than last.

FMC= fuel moisture content

Another reason to get vaccinated is so that covid is not a compounding factor in responding to disasters. It's easier to perform rescues and host evacuees or join other households if you're evacuated.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Oh, sure just comply with the great reset. Jk.

Absolutely it is dry. I already see browning out occurring near sea level. Unless it rains a bunch more it will be a tinder box down here before June.

I’m Moderna-ed and doing my part. Get very clear instructions from Bill every evening exactly at 8pm. As long as I follow them precisely, I continue to be one of the winners. East peasy.
    Last edited by Ottime; 04-13-2021 at 08:22 PM.

I've never wanted 4" so much in my entire life

- she said

Truckee FD asking for parcel fee of $179/yr for wildfire prevention--mainly clearing. I hope it passes, not that I have a lot of faith in current FD leadership, but it shouldn't have taken this long. Currently the district relies on grant funding for its projects. That alone won't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by splitter View Post
    Well would you look at that!

Got a coupla inches last night here at 6300.
    But the overnight freeze turned it into Captain Crunch (Currently listening to the passing automobiles crunching over the snow in the roads).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Is the sun already out in incline/rose?
    Only half that amount in the south zone ...... but it’s still socked in and snowing...... which is kinda key for April pow shred......should be on top of something right now

It's cool 😎 I haven't read anything recently about Vaccine Passports, Global Minimum Taxes, or Green Infrastructure plans.

Woke up to 6” at the house this morning, sun came out for a short time but it’s dumping again now

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Is the sun already out in incline/rose?
    Only half that amount in the south zone ...... but it’s still socked in and snowing...... which is kinda key for April pow shred......should be on top of something right now
    Some sun in the Rose area. The skiing was . . . mostly fun. 4-8" of light snow on top of a firm and crunchy crust, meaning most turns were on edge. It was unsurprisingly better in the treed north aspects than east aspects.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EDEC8FE6-E020-4701-A278-8FEF9A55CE8B.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	677.5 KB 
ID:	371552

Fluffy foot. Knee deep turns. Chest shots. Touching bottom but
    NICE

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Beautiful.