Page 21 of 226 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    Whoa, speaking of Heavenly booked up already. Park City opened reservations this week and completely sold out in two hours...thru November 29th.

People are having a fit on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ParkCityMou...7825348084226/

I can only imagine Next Door... fuck Vail!
    While I realize there is no perfect solution to the reservation system I am really curious what resort/company you feel has a better system in place?

Right now my 1st World Problem is whether to buy a pair of Shifts or to use a pair of Kingpin 13s I got for free on a pair of skis..

Also, I gots some skis and boots and bindings for sale, if anybody is interested/In need

Blizzard Quattro 8.4 in a 174
    Blizzard Zero G 95 in a 177 (drilled once)
    Tecnica Zero G Pro 130 in a 25.5 (these are brand new, in box and the original version which is a Cochise shell, but lighter)
    Bindings are Rossi Axial 120 and the Look equivalent (Px12), plus a pair of Salomon STH (all new in box)

Hit me up for pricing, if intrested...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

my daughter made a rez for heave for tomorow bout 5. they werent sold out

North faces still ski good
    Secret stash or long approach?
    I am very tried

Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk

A busy winter

Bay Area can not fly

Tahoe packed insane

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    https://thetahoeweekly.com/2020/11/l...DP-FBWry4s_8YA

Lake Run parking approved
    By Tahoe Weekly -November 16, 2020

A parking area for back-country users of the popular Lake Run at Donner Lake has been secured for the winter season through a collaboration with Donner Lake Woods Homeowners Association, Truckee Donner Land Trust, Truckee Donner Recreation & Parks District and Tahoe Backcountry Alliance. The agreement allows for trail access for the next five years at the west end of Donner Lake with options to renew each five years thereafter.

The Backcountry Alliance will be responsible for repaving the existing parking lot and contracting with a snow-removal service for annual snow removal. In addition, the nonprofit is working in conjunction with the land trust to establish a sign campaign to make sure the trailhead users are educated and aware of avalanche conditions and where legal egress and access occurs within the neighborhood.

Microtransit program | The Alliance has been working with Tahoe Sierra Transportation and is expanding the microtransit program with COVID-19 adjustments and precautions in place. The Alliance expects an increase in back-country users, so the transit program will be important to sustain and grow. Details TBA.

Trailhead Counter Program | Through collaboration with Tahoe Backcountry Ski Patrol, The Alliance is installing trailhead counters at significant back-country trailheads. This will help track the number of users and demonstrate the continued need for resources to facilitate winter recreation in the Tahoe Basin.

Backcountry Awareness Week | The Alliance also collaborated with Tahoe Fund, Sierra Avalanche Center and various guide outfits to develop a Backcountry Awareness Week for the middle of December. This event will focus on back-country safety education, back-country tips and etiquette and available resources for skiers and riders. | tahoebackcountryalliance.org
    Good news indeed
    No ticket for shuttle car
    Keep locals happy
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Fill yours with bomb holes
    Snowshoe posthole all you want
    New skintrack for me
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

High above Red Lake
    Shark infested waters
    Of the frozen kind
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D2EBD6A3-41DC-4533-82D3-D0777CDC4F08.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	349198

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    In most places in the US, you are most likely going to receive free backcountry rescuer services regardless of your level of negligent stupidity as long as you don’t require EMS services along the way.

Negligence is what keeps the CHP air operations in business

Free backcountry rescue for negligent folks is fine by me as long as a one in a hundred year pandemic is not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Interestingly, smokers cost the health care system less than non smokers over the long haul due to their shorter lifespans. Should my insurance be higher because you refuse to smoke?
    https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/2/6/e001678
    Interesting study that was conducted in Finland where they have socialized medicine and pension plans. Wonder how the numbers would work out in the United States with our shitshow of a health care system and private insurance companies.

But to answer your question, IMO I should pay more for health insurance if I were to use more of it because of my life choices.

No offense to the
    PD, but snow haikus? We
    Are all pow dorks here.
    Last edited by lepistoir; 11-22-2020 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Today’s jerryoftheday coming to you from heavenly
    Attachment 349183
    He's gonna ski switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Right now my 1st World Problem is whether to buy a pair of Shifts or to use a pair of Kingpin 13s I got for free on a pair of skis.
    I have two pairs of Shifts but only tour on my Tectons. Persistent problems with Shift brakes not staying up while skinning. And this is not from making contact between skis or icing - sometimes they won't go up while in the parking lot. A few other friends have experienced the same.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    But to answer your question, IMO I should pay more for health insurance if I were to use more of it because of my life choices.
    The other side of the equation is all the people that get pissed off that resources are used for people engaging in especially risky behaviors (in normal times). Those folks are much less likely to need care into their golden years than the ones bitching about it in the youtube comments sections.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by hercule33 View Post
    Negligence would need to proved in a legal court, not Facebook.

I think people are getting confused with what I am saying. You do have the right to make stupid choices on public land just don’t expect to be the first in line at the hospital during COVID if you get hurt. Also, don’t expect a free rescue when you are stupid during a one in 100 year pandemic.
    There was one 50 years ago.

The last 2 coincided with a war. And at times when government overreach was far more likely to be questioned though people may have been quite willing to accept virus related inconveniences. Polio was also a very big deal and people/children changed their behaviors over it for 10-15 years even if it was relatively rare even at its peak.

This one happened at a time when traffic was at an all time high and technology existed for the middle/upper middle/upper classes to tele commute. In 2018 my job went from 559am train into the office to 100% remote due to my boss's wife taking a new job in another city. I would have done absolutely anything to not have to go back to a 559am train if for some reason they wanted to move back.

^^^sweet handle for 11 posts.........now u cant post anymore or you will totally fuck up your mojo

ullr is not pleased with this haiku bullshit

I'm hoping it's ok to post something ski related in this thread. It seems lately to be filled with more Coronavirus ranting than ski stoke.
    Got up to Rose at 12:30 on Saturday and spent the rest of the day spinning laps off of Northwest. Super fun. Every run on the frontside of Rose is open. Coverage ranges from really good on the groomers to somewhat variable on a few of the face runs. Best of all, place was empty by 1:00 p.m.

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	349228
    Kit Carson mid afternoon.

Name:	IMG_3695.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	349229
    Different view but same thing. Snow was carveable and with the light crowds arcing some big turns felt great.

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg 
Size:	621.1 KB 
ID:	349235
    Tracks on the other side of the road.

Name:	IMG_3696.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	349236
    View from the parking lot at the end of the day.
    I'm head back out again this afternoon. Conditions are good for the time being and the lifts are spinning. Enjoying it while I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blart View Post
    While I realize there is no perfect solution to the reservation system I am really curious what resort/company you feel has a better system in place?
    The ones that don't require reservations? Duh.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Thanks ESS. See ya up there this afternoon. Rose is skiing great and this afternoon we will still be skiing freshies. People are following procedure remarkably well.

It’s really been a great week between bc and rose opening. Thursday and Friday mornings skied nice heavy pow with adequate cover and saw zero people on a roadside zone in a busy spot.

Before pressing send on another post bitching about ppl skiing in our backyard, please ask if you’ve supported Sierra Avalanche Center this year. No lift tix and no in person events means SAC is facing a $100k (~25%) loss in revenue. As you know, that coincides with a record increase in users and inexperienced users. From avy class scholarships to motorized avy classes and of course the daily forecast we depend on - SAC does a ton and needs all users to chip in SOMETHING this year

https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/donate

Does anybuddy have current beta on Dunderberg? I just want to get above 12000' and threading together snow between scree is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Does anybuddy have current beta on Dunderberg?...
    Isn't that more of a question for the Mammy thread?
    (Only time we've booted up Dunderberg was with Sinecure, back in the day, on way back from MammyMaggotMini)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

go drive down there and take a look
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

....🤫
    And for the sake of synchronicity...Chris Bentchetlers movie, Fire on the Mountain, is on the telly...nothing but grateful dead music...bringing us back around to Sinecure, and Mikey B.
    (personally, not a fan, but no worries eh?)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I'm hoping it's ok to post something ski related in this thread. It seems lately to be filled with more Coronavirus ranting than ski stoke.
    Got up to Rose at 12:30 on Saturday and spent the rest of the day spinning laps off of Northwest. Super fun. Every run on the frontside of Rose is open. Coverage ranges from really good on the groomers to somewhat variable on a few of the face runs. Best of all, place was empty by 1:00 p.m.

Name:	IMG_3694.jpg 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	349228
    Kit Carson mid afternoon.

Name:	IMG_3695.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	349229
    Different view but same thing. Snow was carveable and with the light crowds arcing some big turns felt great.

Name:	IMG_3692.jpg 
Size:	621.1 KB 
ID:	349235
    Tracks on the other side of the road.

Name:	IMG_3696.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	349236
    View from the parking lot at the end of the day.
    I'm head back out again this afternoon. Conditions are good for the time being and the lifts are spinning. Enjoying it while I can.
    Looks great!

Its blood boiling when no chutes but both sides of Rose hot lap very well.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    No lift tix and no in person events means SAC is facing a $100k (~25%) loss in revenue. As you know, that coincides with a record increase in users and inexperienced users. From avy class scholarships to motorized avy classes and of course the daily forecast we depend on - SAC does a ton and needs all users to chip in SOMETHING this year

https://www.sierraavalanchecenter.org/donate

Wow, that's a huge decline for SAC. Thx for letting us know. Your post is spot on Sruffian-->be part of the solution if you can... Just made my donations to SAC, Shasta centers, looks like ESAC isn't taking them until 12/1 for the 2021 season.

Gotta say thanks to all the folks posting conditions and pics - my first time logging on this season and happily surprised to see folks getting after it already. Nice shots Meter-man, ESS !

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I'm hoping it's ok to post something ski related in this thread..
    ^ made me chuckle. thx.

Can't wait to get back out there. The skin track, the powder, the snow covered trees, love it all. This time of the year reminds me how lucky I am that I moved here and discovered the BC. Stoked.

Quote Originally Posted by sruffian View Post
    Thanks ESS. See ya up there this afternoon. Rose is skiing great and this afternoon we will still be skiing freshies. People are following procedure remarkably well.
    I was back out at Rose this afternoon. Word must be out that Rose has been skiing well as it was noticeably more crowded this afternoon. Must have been a rain layer in that last storm as there were some slick spots where the snow got skied off late in the day. I skied Mammoth last weekend and the snow was a mix of natural and man made that got grabby by midday. Skiing is a lot better here.