Page 146 of 226 FirstFirst ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
Results 3,626 to 3,650 of 5635
    East facing on Relay skied great at 11am. On the up the northish facing was only slightly crusty with soft underneath. It will all be good soon.
    We were able to ski the whole way but had to reroute a couple times due to dirt...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6805.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	372013Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6873.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	372014
    Heli bomb or hand charge?

Name:	IMG_6886.jpg 
Size:	1,010.8 KB 
ID:	372015
    Lurking pow

Name:	IMG_6894.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	372016Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6895.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	372017Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6904.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	372022Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6913.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	372018Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6919.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	372019
    Butter

Name:	IMG_6900.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	372020Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6903.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.55 MB 
ID:	372021
    Last legs of local season on tap....... fishmas road openings last gasp of what’s to be short Sierra spring shredding this season

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Heli bomb or hand charge?

Last time I skied (Thursday I think) a CalTrans crew was firing the gun at Red Lake. No idea why.

Yeah I was gonna bring up the post from earlier with the new yellow gun

powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Ahhh that makes more sense..... bomb holes on gazex shoulder.......directly across from where the red lake gun would be firing.....pic from friday

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Eastside/“south tahoe”

Name:	IMG_2930.JPG 
Size:	232.6 KB 
ID:	372064
    Skin track along this ridge was slightly above our pay grade. Felt sketchier than it really was, but looking down a steep drop on the other side of the ridge, along with a view of Mono Lake down the valley, played mind games for a relative newbie.

Name:	IMG_2936.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	222.1 KB 
ID:	372065

Name:	IMG_2924.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	333.5 KB 
ID:	372066
    Fun looking couloir.

Name:	GPTempDownload.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.24 MB 
ID:	372067
    Smooth corn on east/southeast facing around 2:30.

Only saw three other groups in the Virginia Lakes area all day, seems like people are starting to call it. A couple bros rolled in at 4 when we were hanging out at the car (had skis in the truck bed), asked us if we had to use skins. Uhh... yeah dude. Didn’t stop them, sounded like they were going to try and boot up some slope. Earn your turns brah *shaka sign*

I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Hit up Squaw on Saturday...only issue was the East wind not allowing much to soften in the AM. Unfortunately, the morning is my only window. However, we ended up lapping Squaw Creek in the AM since Siberia first thing was pretty firm and windy. Definitely made the right call. Groomer uncrowded and only the bottom section near the lifted needed some time to thaw. Hell, even the sunny steeps under the lift skied well early on. After that, we checked out The Slot but now you need to sidestep over dirt just below normal entrance. Red Dog Face and Dog Leg skied really well around mid-morning...smooth, steep and fast corn groomers are hard to beat. Tamara's skied well until I forgot to zip a pocket on my coat and lost my point & chute so then had to take a few laps to find it. Couldn't find it but sure enough someone grabbed it and brought it to lost and found...which called me just as I began driving out of the village. YEWWWWW!

Excellent article on the effect of zoning on housing affordability and race and income segregation.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/o...l-justice.html
    Says a lot of what I've been saying but by someone who actually knows what they're talking about. Oriented more towards cities, but the article applies to mountain towns, even if the authors weren't thinking about them.

Yesterday I trekked into the right ventricle of The State of Jefferson to mash some taters...

Name:	IMG_5331.jpg 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	372185
    Last edited by dookey67; 04-20-2021 at 04:30 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

So, despite advertising "Open 'Till The Snow Is gone," apparently DSR closed today...W.T.F.?

Did they specify where the snow will need to be gone? Maybe they were talking about Blue Canyon.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Having the frontside of their resort facing mostly southeast might have something to do with how long the snow lasts there.

So now it's down to NoNameMcValley and Schralpine...I expect we will see some of you around those parts. Schralpine is supposed to be Summit only after the weekend, and I'm okay with that.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

^^^good to know. I called today and the person I spoke with said there were no specific plans for next week. Marketing.

I’m good with just Summit but am trying to get one of my kids friends up there this season. He could ride off summit by the end of the day maybe but he is more of a Treeline (Weasel) guy until he gets a few laps under him.

We were going to go this Saturday but the forecast is not screaming beginner friendly.

This weekend is looking interesting. One last hurrah? Cancelled my dentist appointment Monday morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Vets View Post
    Having the frontside of their resort facing mostly southeast might have something to do with how long the snow lasts there.
    Yeah, the chair 1+6 area looked pretty burned out when I drove by on Monday.

nothing like 70+mph winds on hard suncups. but I'll take that trade for an extended spring season

Just got back from a local loop in/around SRB.
    NW aspect I skied at noon still had some ice rime glaze in spots, both during my schuss and at at 1:30 when I was booting out.
    E facing slope I skied at 2:30 was sweet corn, albeit in dire need of some Clearasil.

Awfully late in the season for a hype train departure. I'm not buying it. Two models already showing some kind of split and GFS has been super wrong this year.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Today was my first day of lift service all year and I thought it was top notch. Snow softened right as it was supposed to up top, and once that got a little mushy then north facing stuff was perfect. It seamed like very low traffic off piste, crowds sticking to groomers. These are the kind of days when you can get your moneys worth. Most of the mountain open, no lift lines, sunscreen and good conditions. April midweek skiing makes most of the other b.s we have to deal with around here totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Name:  hypetrain.jpg
Views: 691
Size:  75.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Truckee Joe View Post
    Today was my first day of lift service all year and I thought it was top notch. Snow softened right as it was supposed to up top, and once that got a little mushy then north facing stuff was perfect. It seamed like very low traffic off piste, crowds sticking to groomers. These are the kind of days when you can get your moneys worth. Most of the mountain open, no lift lines, sunscreen and good conditions. April midweek skiing makes most of the other b.s we have to deal with around here totally worth it.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Same here, first day yesterday. So good. Going back out today

Thoughts on tomorrow inbounds? Seems like it will not be top notch. Ditched the kid trip, but I still have a hall pass. Thinking it might be best to bank it even though next week I suspect we will be down to access lifts, Sibo, Gold Cost, Blue and Shirley... which limits my fun. Would be nice if Granite and KT keep spinning.

Anyone here have insider info on the lift schedule for next week. When I called, the person I spoke with said there were no plans to close any lifts yet, but that seems like bs.

Even weekends in April are pretty nice. Most BA folks are done for the season. When I talk to people around here they either think (1) there is no snow left (2) it has not snowed recently enough and/or (3) spring skiing is lame. And most of those folks never leave a groomer either. My kid OTOH wants to work on his bump skiing is soft slushy snow.

never mind: found the squaw blog post on operations.
    Last edited by Ottime; 04-23-2021 at 11:51 AM.

I’m having fun inbounds lately, will be out all weekend. I also didn’t ski all season though, so any skiing is fun for me right now