Page 140 of 226 FirstFirst ... 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... LastLast
Results 3,476 to 3,500 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Back to skiing, coverage on KT holding on? Missed this past weekend and I know its been toasty.
    What the heck is that? Mortal Kombat? With you as a 20-year old??

KT is skiing great.

Access to the Nose is getting verrrrry thin, but other than that, it's skiing great!

*pathway to Nose-dom from yesterday*
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210407_221823102.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.01 MB 
ID:	370911
    sproing!

Back to skiing, coverage on KT holding on? Missed this past weekend and I know its been toasty.

Attachment 370906
    I have no squaw beta, but between all the drum and bass in your vids and this mk2 shout-out, I’m guessing we spent the late 90s doing a lot of the same stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Attn Carson City mags
    Attachment 370715
    That's the most amusing thing I've seen all week.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

Kt West face is great after about 130 lately

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Beach club
    Tahoe Beach Club is members only. Not sure what else down here would go by that name

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Attachment 370906
    You were the last person I skied with. Sorry I just bailed out, you were skiing too fast for me. I was so out of shape at that period, on some too heavy skis, that's right before I fell off. Hope to ski with you again next season, hopefully redeem myself. You are fast!

Y'all can have your SV and ski it, too!

Soda Spring(s) skiing was schmowzow extremist today.
    Met up with Vets in the parking lot around 9:55 and we jumped on the summit lift a wee bit after 10. We began our startchy vegetable gathering with 4 warm-up laps on the groomers, then we started straight mobbing the OP.
    In the immortal (paraphrased) words of Erick Sermon, "The Green Eyed Bandit": shit was bomdigi.
    Vets bailed at 1 and after a short hydration break, I hopped back out solo and hammered out a few extra laps. The boundary lines delivered succulent corn.
    What's more is that nobody was skiing the lines we hit and the crowds were so sparse (everybody was either tubing or in the beginner corral) that we were able to ski right onto the lift after every run. Heck, I came in so hot one time that I practically slid off the red plastic "load here" marker and into the lift pit.
    Not a bad way to spend a Thursday, that's for sure.
    Last edited by dookey67; 04-08-2021 at 10:19 PM.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I haven’t been to Da Springs since 84’ but kinda want to go back...

I haven’t been to Da Springs since 84’ but kinda want to go back...
    Yo, Tres Seis, SS was crazy mad fun yesterday and the snow was fantastic. Totally worth the $49 lift ticket price.

Methinks DSR would be just as fun and it, too, was empty (we had an unobstructed view of their backside from the top of SS and there wasn't a soul riding it all day; SB slopes were empty, as well).
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

I taught myself to tele at Soda Springs--we all have our dark secrets. (I've been XCing at Royal Gorge on those skis. The only ski gear of mine from that era that still fits.)

Sugar Bowl empty and skiing awesome right now.

So many aspects off of Disney and Lincoln to find good snow up until closing.

KT was holding well last Sunday. Figures it still had several lore weeks. And we are going to get that dump in the third week of April, so it should be refreshed and good to go.

April 9, 2021 (7:52AM)
    Traffic Advisory
    At approximately 5:45AM a rock slide occurred on US-50 at Echo Summit near dry bridge. All lanes are currently blocked. Caltrans is working on opening up Johnson Pass Rd. The estimated time to open the roadway is 4-6 hours. We will keep you updated. Please use alternate routes and avoid US-50 at Echo Summit.
    *A Toyota Forerunner collided into the boulders after the slide occurred. No injuries were reported.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Found a small snag with my plan to buy 21/22 icon pass note and ski immediately. Turns out the deferral credit is not a refund. It's just a credit in your icon account and doesn't get applied to 21/22 passes if you purchase before the 19th. My opinion of this is it's MAJOR BS.

Any eligible 20/21 Adventure Assurance credit will be deposited in My Account beginning April 19, 2021. Should you purchase an Ikon Pass before credit has been deposited into My Account, the credit amount will not be retroactively applied to your 21/22 Ikon Pass purchase and your purchase cannot be refunded.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

^^^^that is major bs.

When they presented the deferral option last spring/summer, they never mentioned a 'blackout period' for deferred passes as compared to new pass purchases. I just see what value they derive out of it. The resorts are quiet. A few extra people on the slopes and they might sell a chapstick or wax or burger or something. Lame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1618109230.280220.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	250.8 KB 
ID:	371143
    KT22 today: Bumps were sweet—as in soft and well formed.

Little late to check, but anyone been up along relay ridge/peak recently? Aaany skiable snow on any south aspects, I.e skiing down to Ginny lake? Pic from a couple days ago on the avy center looks promising, but only really showed north and east aspects

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Got my last minute "try to ski once in the 2020/2021 season" trip in today with a lap at castle peak. Was a good day, glad I was able to squeeze it in. Lets just say the first day of the season being 4/10 has left me pretty sore, going to sleep well tonight though. Definitely glad I pulled it in to make it happen today vs waiting until next weekend like I had planned due to this warm weather

I don't love the last section of the trip spent getting back out from the trees back to the trailhead, and every time I think there has to be a perfect route out, but what can you do

Any advice on other places to try next year with similar ease/variety? (hopefully earlier than april...), I haven't done donner peak yet so might try that next.

Just a heads up that things are going quickly at Schralpine. Lakeview is burnt and done for the season, and Sherwood is now open for High T laps in the morning. While Sherwood terrain was still open yesterday, just about any line you take now requires at least few steps of bush whacking or rock walking. High Traverse itself has mostly good coverage. After a midweek cool down and a chance of 3 flakes of snow, there's a big warmup in the future. Scott Chute is getting dicey and the two groomed runs are starting to show brush. Good news, bad news - besides the FIS racers, it was empty yesterday. With low numbers, they will be more motivated to close for the season soon.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

What he said. Definitely stick to the east facing on High T. Is the traverse to Beaver and Estelle still doable on skis? I'm guessing burnt out?
    (Some of the finest corn skiing I've done was Beaver and Estelle, but it was in a January, and the exit line was intricate to put it mildly. The worst suncups I've ever skied were in Beaver one Memorial Day--I don't think that will be an issue this year, unless they let people hike uphill)

I did the mostly traverse to Upper Beaver today, with about 20 steps out of skis along the PCT. Estelle would require more walking.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

5 mile run with my lady friend on the Emigrant Trail this morning followed by a few afternoon hours at Squaw

an excellent day
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

^^^what I’m curious about is spring at Squaw. How long will Squaw One run this season before we need to cabin up to get to the snow. Once they require downloading we will save our turns for Mammoth or next season or maybe skin at KW with my kid.

I dunno. I was perfectly happy riding the funitel down at the end of the day. I’m also looking forward to some Mammoth turns.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Guess I chose a good year to have my first ever season ender. Crazy how quick temps went to 60+
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.