Page 222 of 226 FirstFirst ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 LastLast
Results 5,526 to 5,550 of 5635
    I was reading that in AZ they close trails to hiking when it's too hot--mainly to protect the SAR folks who have to rescue the idiots.
    The year I lived in Tucson I hiked all year--when it was warm a few hours hike leaving at 5am meant 4 liters of frozen lemonade, and I could have drunk more.

Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Finally uploaded my vids to vimeo, so I might as well close this thread with some of my favs this season at Squalisades Tahoe

Nice turns.
    Personally, i like the Sierra cement, certainly more than light Colorado powder.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

agreed
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Mt.Rose has snow! Summit pic on Twitter today shows a dusting.
    And we got rained on (a little bit) yesterday hiking over by Marlette.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211006_151252.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	107.4 KB 
ID:	388164

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

I saw that too. Went to their web site and many of their cameras are down.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

About that, Mt.Rose says:
    *...we're making some improvements to our webcams page and adding additional views. Stay tuned!*

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Arbitrary and capricious closures continue. Monitor/Sonora/Tioga on Thursday. Thank you all for not looking at the GFS!

https://twitter.com/caltrans9/status...898272259?s=21
    Yay! Closed roads are the best roads (if you're a road cyclist).
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by climberevan View Post
    Yay! Closed roads are the best roads (if you're a road cyclist).
    Don’t do it on Tioga though; Yose rangers ticket bike riding on closed roads.

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    Don’t do it on Tioga though; Yose rangers ticket bike riding on closed roads.
    Good to know. Monitor and Ebbets are early/late season favorites when they're closed.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210403_155054.jpeg 
Views:	86 
Size:	128.4 KB 
ID:	388219
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

This isn't quite the same though. Riding Ebbetts or Sonora before they open after they're cleared in the spring or early summer is a different thing entirely from riding them with a couple inches of snow or with wet roads in 40 degree rains.

steady snow at the base of the wood now. I haven't found a way on their site to navigate to the web cams but here it is
    https://www.kirkwood.com/the-mountai...tain-cams.aspx

Not to distract from all the talk of fires and forest closures (and hey, look, it's actually snowing right now), but...

I'm looking to do a full remodel of my kitchen this winter / spring. Looking for local contractor recommendations. I know it's been crazy with all of the construction going on in the area the last few years but figure once there's snow on the ground it's a good time for inside projects. Also recs for subs like a tile guy, plumber, etc.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Ron Adams in Truckee is a great contractor. He's done a couple of additions for us and a major house remodel for a friend. When I dropped his name at TTL they said they loved him--a contractor who pays his bills. I don't know if he'd be interested in a kitchen remodel.

My buddy Patrick Gisriel runs Green Bear Construction.
    He did Philosophy's interior (the spot next to Burger Me, which is now Fuddhism), so he knows how to do kitchens...
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

The Mt.Rose cams are looking healthy!

Minor slush grauple accumulation at 6300 this morning. Still lingering on the decks and in the shade, but didn't stick to the tarmac...definitely not skiable, yet.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Not to distract from all the talk of fires and forest closures (and hey, look, it's actually snowing right now), but...

I'm looking to do a full remodel of my kitchen this winter / spring. Looking for local contractor recommendations. I know it's been crazy with all of the construction going on in the area the last few years but figure once there's snow on the ground it's a good time for inside projects. Also recs for subs like a tile guy, plumber, etc.
    This winter? Shoulda posted this in last year's thread.

I mean, you can probably get it done. You're just way more limited in terms of who's available and when they can do it. I would interview contractors while remembering, if you don't find somebuddy you like, you can wait one more year.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Anyone hear any more info on the spikes someone boobytrapped the incline downhill with?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    This winter? Shoulda posted this in last year's thread.

I mean, you can probably get it done. You're just way more limited in terms of who's available and when they can do it. I would interview contractors while remembering, if you don't find somebuddy you like, you can wait one more year.
    Yeah, I'm fully aware of how slammed everyone is and will probably just end up acting as my own GC and hiring subs for certain tasks. Hell, first I need to order all of the new appliances, sinks, etc. and see when they'll actually show up (can't order countertops until you have the sinks, faucets, stove-top in hand or they won't cut them). I was just driving by the port up in Seattle last week and the number of stacked containers waiting in the queue is absolutely insane.

IT SNOWED...HELL FROZE OVER!

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, I'm fully aware of how slammed everyone is and will probably just end up acting as my own GC and hiring subs for certain tasks. Hell, first I need to order all of the new appliances, sinks, etc. and see when they'll actually show up (can't order countertops until you have the sinks, faucets, stove-top in hand or they won't cut them). I was just driving by the port up in Seattle last week and the number of stacked containers waiting in the queue is absolutely insane.
    If you are planning to get a permit, get in line. The building department was basically shutdown for a month or more by the cyberattack and the queue for a permit is long and slow moving.
    OTOH if you've got something ready to go a contractor twiddling his thumbs waiting for a permit might have time on his hands for a small job. But if you're waiting for appliances that shoots that idea.
    BTW--I got very good cabinets at a good price from TTL's Design Center. I got very nice VGDF doors from them as well. No delivery or shipping charge makes a big difference.

What's a permit? ;-)

Anyway - looks like Mammoth may have received enough snow to actually stick around.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Anyone hear any more info on the spikes someone boobytrapped the incline downhill with?
    seriously?? like the Tyrolean Downhill?

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Ya. On tyrolian. Nasty. Can’t find a link now. Might have been from the Sierra sun

Edit found one

https://mynews4.com/amp/news/local/s...n-biking-trail

Name:  IMG_5022.JPG
Views: 468
Size:  177.7 KB
    Last edited by mcski; 10-08-2021 at 05:55 PM.

Holy crap snow gets me excited. Looks pretty stellar out there. It did feel cold down her last night.