Page 165 of 215 FirstFirst ... 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,125 of 5368
    Those fires are intense. Been really wet here in the east. Wish some of that moisture could fall out west. It was super dry when we left at the end of June.

I'm watching the live stream on the tv, looks like every campground and town south of Tahoe has been evacuated. 89 shut down at 395. Hwy 50 must be a zoo. Along with too many people with nowhere to sleep. Douglas county community center. Vibes. The news is not even talking about the big fire north of me
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Not a super good start to a red flag day
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9758.JPG 
Views:	78 
Size:	208.5 KB 
ID:	379773

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    We're not doing this again...
    Just reading how Truckee Meadows F&R had to respond to injured mountain biker on thomas creek trail, this morning.
    Don't let local conditions cause a change in your plans, eh?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

^link?
    not sure what you're getting at, but i'm pretty sure whoever needed rescue had no more intent of crashing than any of the hundreds of automobile accident victims did in the last month in the area. i doubt the many victims of altitude sickness attended to by ems here in tahoe every month knew they were going to be sick when they left sea level either, yet they get a free pass?

Yep

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Just reading how Truckee Meadows F&R had to respond to injured mountain biker on thomas creek trail, this morning.
    Don't let local conditions cause a change in your plans, eh?
    [/URL]
    I don’t get what you’re saying here…
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Was in Markleeville for the DR this weekend. Cycled up to the hot springs on Fri around 2pm. Smokey but didn't sense it was going to escalate so quickly. Within a few hours that changed dramatically. Sheriff came through around 7pm to get everyone out. Pics are the Meadow by Grover, Grover Hot Springs Rd and then 88/89 junction after leaving on Fri. The first two pics the fire was to the left on the other side of the ridge but gives a sense of how quickly it escalated.

Name:	Image1626715892.561489.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	114.4 KB 
ID:	379879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1626715903.075973.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	370.5 KB 
ID:	379880Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1626715932.931614.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	379881

Quote Originally Posted by emcee View Post
    Was camping at lost lakes yesterday, saw the "thunderheads" and bailed out so quick. Don't think anybody is coming up 4x4 roads to warn of an evac.
    au contraire mon frère.
    Today they were flying around with the CHP chopper to all the camping sites on Blue Lakes Road telling everyone over barely audible speakers that there was a mandatory evac and gather your belongings. As I drove out the entire SAR team was heading up to do it in person, including a couple 4x4's which they use to access the points beyond upper blue lake.
    However, there was zero threat of fire and heavy rains are like an hour away. The risk was infinitely greater yesterday. Only thing I can think was that they did their flybys with recon aircraft this morning while I was hiked way out Charity Valley trail and they were surprised how much the fire had gained toward Hope Valley yesterday. Thing is, almost all of those gains were in the brief period of outflow winds before the storms hit yesterday and now the wind are blowing the opposite direction. Oh well.
    From above the trail’s high point

Name:	412B3AA5-2470-460E-8581-E695F170D7D9.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	353.3 KB 
ID:	379893

I believe evacuation procedures/policies of recreation areas are very new and uncertain for land managers.

yeah cuz this is the first time a fire ever burned near a rec area…

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Just what I’ve heard recently from plumas nf.

There’s no comprehensive evacuation planning at the public recreation spots near me, which are a mixture of SP, BLM, USFS, county roads, and private in holdings that allow public access.

The 4 summer camps in my neighborhood just announced and received fire marshal approval for their plan to shelter in place in the large gymnasium of one of the camps. Before that, there was no plan.

I giving you shit and them shit

nothing is the way it was

I get it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

HA!!

My meter’s broken

When you get called out for taking a joking dig seriously it's perfectly acceptable to play the sarcasm card back at them. No one needs to know you took it seriously.

Maybe they knew soMething

Name:	IMG_9791.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	355.4 KB 
ID:	379928

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Seems like Cloudburst is either toast or in grave jeopardy. :-(

Every time a developer wants to build in Truckee the community and the Planning Commission demand less density, when what we need is more.
    They want green space, when the town is surrounded by it.

You really think the railyard units are going to be bought and occupied by full time residents?
    Maybe coldstream will get some, but out of town second home buyers have way more spending power than most locals.
    More units mostly equals more second home owners at probably a 10:1 ratio to fulltime locals.

Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    You really think the railyard units are going to be bought and occupied by full time residents?
    Maybe coldstream will get some, but out of town second home buyers have way more spending power than most locals.
    More units mostly equals more second home owners at probably a 10:1 ratio to fulltime locals.
    Deed restrictions. Local employment. Kids enrolled in local schools. Other ways to prove local status. Can apply to owner or renters or both.
    Small units in dense developments in the less scenic parts of town, bare bones finishes and appliances not appealing as vacation homes, etc.
    But my point is that locals--I realize not all locals feel the same--have demands that work at cross purposes.
    Still. I thing finally more of a consensus is emerging that projects like Martis Camp make Truckee worse and like Coldstream may make it better. We old retired people who find fewer and fewer restaurants open, harder and harder to find a plumber or someone to do grunt work we can't do anymore, fewer and fewer lifts manned in the winter and fewer snow removal operators--we realize that if we try to shut the door after we got in pretty soon it's going to be undesirable and maybe impossible for us to live here.

Income and deed restrictions will do the trick. My buddy got in on a lower income project in town about 20-30 years ago. His deed restriction comes off next year where he can sell and not have to kick any of the proceeds back to the city.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

We must all be rich, that's the narrative anyway. Even though you can't get local services, can't buy anything because nothing's in stock, are stuck in traffic and can't enjoy the outdoors because it's closed due to fire danger or gov closers. Do you still feel rich; or like a prisoner in a nice area?

4 Time Balboa Open Champion

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Seems like Cloudburst is either toast or in grave jeopardy. :-(

Looks like a fire down in summit city behind kirkwood also

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/7711/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk