Page 208 of 226 FirstFirst ... 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... LastLast
Results 5,176 to 5,200 of 5635
    Man, it is really deeply ingrained in us culture. Like you almost can't take one step in any direction without stubbing your toe on a murdered or dispossessed native (the original locals)
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

The best part of the renaming of the resort are all of the dipshits on social media commenting stuff like "GO WOKE GO BROKE!"

Riiiight. Last time I checked, Target is still in business after that boycott over their gender neutral bathrooms.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Man, it is really deeply ingrained in us culture. Like you almost can't take one step in any direction without stubbing your toe on a murdered or dispossessed native (the original locals)
    After full buildout of the parking lot developments, it’ll become a palisaded development….

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    As someone who identifies as a golden eagle, I find the new logo to be HIGHLY offensive.
    If they were gonna use a bird, seems like the obvious choice would have been Squab Valley

I suddenly have an urge to buy a squaw valley USA T-shirt
    Did I miss the boat?
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    If they were gonna use a bird, seems like the obvious choice would have been Squab Valley
    To be fair, I would say their choice resembles a 4 week old chicken more than a pigeon.
    Last edited by powdork; 09-13-2021 at 09:04 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

I think this means the field is now wide open for best skier on the new Palisades mountain.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Squab Valley would be the best.

:: listens to "Squallywood" by JimS in remembrance ::
    Still waiting...

Flying rat valley?

Forests will open on the 16th.

I’m just sitting here watching Joe Bell and thinking about how much I really care about the name change

I now remember some good days when In second grade skiing The Papoose ski area that consisted of a couple rope tows on the low angle slope near the Ice rink at Squaw Valley

Really I have not had an awesome day at Squaw in 20 years. Or Alpine Meadows since the 99$ spring pass went away

Seems this is just another steep in the decline of ski area’s and the rise of corporate recreation destinations

I stopped caring some time ago
    Thankful that l grew up in the golden age of skiing. North Tahoe kid got to see and live it all
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by 45hill View Post
    Forests will open on the 16th.
    where are you seeing this? I'm still seeing 11:59pm on the 17th.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Except for the beach next to Zephyr Cove
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0833.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	384.2 KB 
ID:	385338

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    I think this means the field is now wide open for best skier on the new Palisades mountain.
    Name:  Image1631596824.115112.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  156.5 KB
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Really I have not had an awesome day at Squaw in 20 years. Or Alpine Meadows since the 99$ spring pass went away
    that's 100% on you.

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    that's 100% on you.
    Awesome days get harder and harder to come by as you get older--combination of the body getting weaker and the mind harder to impress. People who can find just as much joy in a day of skiing (or anything else) in their 70's as in their 20's impress me.

there is a big difference between old goat and MTT

old goat skis
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Awesome days get harder and harder to come by as you get older--combination of the body getting weaker and the mind harder to impress. People who can find just as much joy in a day of skiing (or anything else) in their 70's as in their 20's impress me.
    Exactly my point. I'm older than most. If you can't find awesome days, you've stopped trying. Don't get me wrong, it's easy to stop trying, and there's plenty of valid reasons to do so. But the mountain is still the same and there are still folks having the absolute time of their lives there on a regular basis. The stuff I can't do now that I could do before has nothing to do with any crowds, attitudes, or Spring prices. I'm just older. That's not FenceTahoe's fault.

I'd be happy with Shane's Playground, or just Shane's

Exactly my point. I'm older than most. If you can't find awesome days, you've stopped trying. Don't get me wrong, it's easy to stop trying, and there's plenty of valid reasons to do so. But the mountain is still the same and there are still folks having the absolute time of their lives there on a regular basis. The stuff I can't do now that I could do before has nothing to do with any crowds, attitudes, or Spring prices. I'm just older. That's not FenceTahoe's fault.

I'd be happy with Shane's Playground, or just Shane's
    I'm 61 and still have incredible days on the hill.
    They are just different.
    Corn snow or packed pow only.
    Easier on the knees is the key when you get older.
    Olympic Valley would have been a awesome name.

I still call SAT Scary Ski Ranch so I will probably continue to call Squaw (Squaw or Square Valley)
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I have awesome days. Just not at Squawpine
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TWINS View Post
    Olympic Valley would have been a awesome name.
    I bet that was the first choice, until they talked to legal. The IOC wouldn’t have been happy.
    Last edited by Shredhead; 09-14-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Exactly my point. I'm older than most. If you can't find awesome days, you've stopped trying.
    Good thing to ponder on.

I ended up in a discussion with a buddy two weeks back....and realized we were speaking different languages. He was anti Squaw and I was so excited to be back skiing the terrain (showing my kids the terrain). He was only focused on fresh laps (which he finds at Rose) and I am focused on finding interesting terrain (to teach some new skills to my kids).

Long diatribe......but I find my fun through how kids see a mtn and the ski experience now. It is different, but I still find lots of "awesome days"
    Donjoy to the World!

Quote Originally Posted by Huckwheat View Post
    Good thing to ponder on.

I ended up in a discussion with a buddy two weeks back....and realized we were speaking different languages. He was anti Squaw and I was so excited to be back skiing the terrain (showing my kids the terrain). He was only focused on fresh laps (which he finds at Rose) and I am focused on finding interesting terrain (to teach some new skills to my kids).

Long diatribe......but I find my fun through how kids see a mtn and the ski experience now. It is different, but I still find lots of "awesome days"
    For your kid’s and your self. Get your passes at Mt Rose. Don’t tell anyone but seriously
    Own your fail. ~Jer~