Page 76 of 226 FirstFirst ... 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,900 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by LongShortLong View Post
    And what's with the new NWS radar? Its ok for a static, current image, but horribly slow at animating.
    Adobe decomissioned their Flash at the end of 2020.
    My favorite of the radar loops that was on BA's OpenSnow was Flash, but it's gone forever now. Haven't found a good replacement but haven't looked too hard with all the high pressure.
    "The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size."

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Noticeable lake effect right now off Tahoe and pyramid on radar with a Sw flow that looks to be hitting incline/rose

So funny I was just zooming in on that on the radar
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

what radar?

I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I have the wunderground app specifically for the radar.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

And it sounds like I-80 in Reno/Sparks is basically shut down east of the interchange due to crashes. It’s probably snowed, what, two inches up there? Let it begin.

Absolutely blows my mind how consistently surprised some people are when it snows more than a trace down in Reno/Carson

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    As a possible aid in the reminiscing, I have weekly conditions summaries going back 20 years at http://bobskiing.com/snodiary.htm

I guess I'll date myself a bit... March/April '82, the 12' or so storm that produced the huge deadly slide at Alpine Meadows, we were in Yosemite's Cathedral Range for that one, waited a day for the break in the storm that never came before we had to do 3 exhausting days of trail-breaking to get out.
    Now that is a labor of love, not the tour but the diary, actually amazing...........

A mere skiff in Kings Beach
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    A mere skiff in Kings Beach
    Yeah it barely made it to the Lake at all except for the training showers from Incline to Skunk Harbor.

Currently experiencing flurries in the Carson Valley. Trails were tacky yesterday, but I'm willing to give the bikes a rest if winter finally gets rolling (after this new dump rips everything to the ground, of course).
    ride bikes, climb, ski, travel, cook, work to fund former, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    A bunch of us skied a pow day at DSR on like June 3rd or something silly that year as they spun the lifts.
    So many great memories of that winter/spring. One I'll never forget is hiking/skiing the chutes at Rose as the storm was moving in on Memorial Day weekend. The next day skiing 12-18" (at least that's how I want to remember it) at Squaw. They had their late season minimal lift schedule but allowed us to hike ski everywhere, including up from Gold Coast to access Granite and from KT along Red Dog Ridge to the old lift shack. Sitting at the top of granite with only our crew and one solo skier, in no hurry and with no tracks was amazing.

May of 2011

I thought I had it all planned out making sure I had an early May baby. Set it up to stop skiing in early April when I was sure i would just be missing corn. So wrong.

Stay at home order lifted.

Does that mean 666 gets to take the kids skiing again?

Sierra@Tahoe had 6” to even 8” in spots, low angle skied bottomless, steeper stuff not so much
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5148E809-DC22-48DB-9AA1-5779B91840A4.jpeg 
Views:	97 
Size:	378.8 KB 
ID:	359604

1997 was living in Ashland, OR. Shit load of snow in December, then a straight up switch to warm Pineapple Express. All the snow melted and downtown turned into a river. No city water for weeks. My 8 roommates didn’t care and would fill the toilet anyway, even though we had no water to flush. I had a YMCA membership and went up to Methford for showers and to poo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

Stay at home order lifted.

Does that mean 666 gets to take the kids skiing again?
    Its back up to the counties to make rules - Mayor of SF has press conference at 1:15pm and she said most likely headed to Purple Tier. Anything is possible since they love to have the strictest rules. I could see outdoor restaurants now open but we are still keeping the travel ban.

If ban lifted, then its back to battling highway closures...omg.

Quote Originally Posted by HJ5 View Post
    And it sounds like I-80 in Reno/Sparks is basically shut down east of the interchange due to crashes. It’s probably snowed, what, two inches up there? Let it begin.

Absolutely blows my mind how consistently surprised some people are when it snows more than a trace down in Reno/Carson

People crash a lot more with 2 inches than with 2 feet.

Fun at Alpine today. The ice is still there. Patrol came down lookers right of scott chute and it looks like every turn set off a decent slide. I don't think they bombed anything--I didn't hear any bombing at Sugar Bowl this morning. Main lot was full when I left at 1230 but lift lines were minimal except Summit early and that wasn't bad. Either a lot of people drove solo to meet their friends or people were warming up in their cars instead of skiing.

Looking for some beta for this Friday- Work has me stuck in Eugene, OR until around 2PM this Friday was hoping to make it to Truckee that night. Is the 5 to the 20 the right approach or the 139 to 395? what do you guys think?

Bombing and Gazex happened at Alpine today. Saw movement on all three inbounds Gazex. I watched from the parking lot as a patroller threw bombs in the Subway Cirque/Ice Cliff area.
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Fun at Alpine today. The ice is still there. Patrol came down lookers right of scott chute and it looks like every turn set off a decent slide. I don't think they bombed anything--I didn't hear any bombing at Sugar Bowl this morning.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

What's the over/under on the spur being closed through Wed and Thurs?

Quote Originally Posted by ropeducker View Post
    Looking for some beta for this Friday- Work has me stuck in Eugene, OR until around 2PM this Friday was hoping to make it to Truckee that night. Is the 5 to the 20 the right approach or the 139 to 395? what do you guys think?
    I always go 395. Close to no other traffic, chances of clusterf*ck somewhat reduced

Quote Originally Posted by snapt View Post
    A bunch of us skied a pow day at DSR on like June 3rd or something silly that year as they spun the lifts.
    If it was the day I am recalling, it was a veritable Maggot Mini with you, me, Vets, Splat, Turx, Cinders, Bullhorn, and a few others.

I miss the DSR "Open Until The Snow Is Gone" days...

I managed a 4th of July there one season. They let you drive your 4x4 up the service road to the backside. And the owner was driving folks up in the back of his pick-up, which was filled with hay.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I always go 395. Close to no other traffic, chances of clusterf*ck somewhat reduced
    Do that^*

Hwy 20 between Nevada City and i80 sometimes closes at night during winter storms, even if i80 stays open.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post

I managed a 4th of July there one season. They let you drive your 4x4 up the service road to the backside. And the owner was driving folks up in the back of his pick-up, which was filled with hay.
    And free watermelon and beer...
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com