Page 220 of 226 FirstFirst ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... LastLast
Results 5,476 to 5,500 of 5635
    For real tho, when is it going to snow? We need a clean start with a new thread. Lots of trauma and bad vibes in this one. I apologize for my part in that and want to do what I can to repair.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Legit excited for this:

Oct 11th at the new ski area!
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

^^^...hmn...pimping msp on tgr?...such anarcho cred...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

So, does anyone know any good boot fitters?

Agreed. We need some snow. Sooner better than later.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post

I get blower jobs from Scott. Interpret as you will.

Sooooo on a lighter note…..gong back to the discussion about the mountain sol festival in Felton………holeeeee shit there is an abundance of totally smoking hot ladies in the Santa Cruz zone. Say what you will about franti but hot damn do the ladies like him. His shows are always full of eye candy but that mountain sol festi was on a whole nother level. And to answer the inquiry about Ben harpers set……it was a bit too slow and mellow for the closing slot of a weekend festi. Jerry Garcia’s middle finger was some great Sunday church music

I vote to not start a new thread till someone is actually making turns in Tahoe……. This is the way

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post

MSP production have a more modern feel imho. I can't stand that teal and orange color grading that was trendy 10 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post

I vote to not start a new thread till someone is actually making turns in Tahoe……. This is the way
    QFT. Looking forward to more jealousy inducing posts by gimpy soon

Lepistoir started the 16/17 thread, I nominate him to do the next one.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Sooooo on a lighter note…..gong back to the discussion about the mountain sol festival in Felton………holeeeee shit there is an abundance of totally smoking hot ladies in the Santa Cruz zone. Say what you will about franti but hot damn do the ladies like him. His shows are always full of eye candy but that mountain sol festi was on a whole nother level. And to answer the inquiry about Ben harpers set……it was a bit too slow and mellow for the closing slot of a weekend festi. Jerry Garcia’s middle finger was some great Sunday church music

Interesting. I was at the same festival and yeah, saw dinner good looking women, but also a whole bunch of fat ones, lights of them pretty young.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    what makes you think I haven't written letters? What makes you think I haven't contacted the Acess Fund and Advocates for the West.

Thirdly, a protest campaign is exactly what this is. Sorry you can't see that.
    I’m for a multi-tiered system of protest and civil disobedience. But, with all due respect, you highlighted one tactic and didn’t seem to have posts that organized the letter-writing or advocacy tactic.

I’m happy you’ve been an activist for all our access, but we can only respond to the feedback and information you give in this thread. Please post more about how we can support the multiple fronts of this war so the pressure can be greater and send a more cohesive message along with the monkeywrenching.

I would suggest contacting the Access Fund (and Advocates for the West). You don't have to be a climber to use their form, but climbing is one of the things being affected by this most since there are so many areas within the closure that never saw fire or suppression efforts. There are smaller organizations like TAMBA and the Tahoe Climbing Coalition, but they both work so much with the local foresters that their hands are somewhat tied. But I know they are also frustrated. You can also comment on any one of their FB pages. They all read the comments regularly.

On the bright side the trailheads and pullouts in most closure areas of Humboldt Toiyabe and LTBMU are full, and no one seems to be enforcing the closures at all (as long as you have the smallest amount of common sense).

https://www.accessfund.org/

https://advocateswest.org/

https://www.facebook.com/eldoradonf
    https://www.facebook.com/HumboldtToiyabeNF
    https://www.facebook.com/LakeTahoeUSFS
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Lepistoir started the 16/17 thread, I nominate him to do the next one.
    Isn’t racoonface back in the area? He should get the returning hero honors

Can I sleep in my pop up truck camper on donner summit? SB lot? Any recs?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    Can I sleep in my pop up truck camper on donner summit? SB lot? Any recs?
    You talking now or in the winter? SB doesn't allow overnights in their lots unless you have a reservation at Benson Hut and make arrangements with them. You could probably park in the dirt lot out by the train tracks now but that won't be plowed in the winter. Don't park on DPR or Soda Springs while plows are running if you want your truck to stay in one piece. Best bet for winter is probably either the SnoPark near Boreal, or find an out of the way spot in the DSL lot. Probably some options down by Kingvale as well.

I would suggest contacting the Access Fund (and Advocates for the West). You don't have to be a climber to use their form, but climbing is one of the things being affected by this most since there are so many areas within the closure that never saw fire or suppression efforts. There are smaller organizations like TAMBA and the Tahoe Climbing Coalition, but they both work so much with the local foresters that their hands are somewhat tied. But I know they are also frustrated. You can also comment on any one of their FB pages. They all read the comments regularly.

On the bright side the trailheads and pullouts in most closure areas of Humboldt Toiyabe and LTBMU are full, and no one seems to be enforcing the closures at all (as long as you have the smallest amount of common sense).

https://www.accessfund.org/

https://advocateswest.org/

https://www.facebook.com/eldoradonf
    https://www.facebook.com/HumboldtToiyabeNF
    https://www.facebook.com/LakeTahoeUSFS
    PD, neither one of those organizations are going to battle for you in this instance. Relationships with public and private land managers is their top priority and they’re going to default to their opinion when it comes to fire hazard mitigation. If the FS was proposing to permanently shut off access somewhere then yes, they’ll probably step in. Really, the only thing that will do much is top down pressure from the elected officials. So write your senators and reps if you’re really worried.

At this point the fire event is just slowing down and I’m sure they’ll be adjusting and changing closure orders as conditions permit. No need to flip out over a temporary closure order without having the full picture. Maybe just call their office and ask if they plan to reassess after a certain amount of time and so on. Then use your soapbox at TGR to inform others rather than just complain.

I drove up old 40 yesterday--never seen so many cars parked at the various climbers' parking areas. Maybe that was partly because 40 is closed during the week. I wonder if some of the parking will be gone once the rebuild of the road with bike lanes is completed. Anyone know how long that's expected to take? Looks like at least one more season.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Why is 40 closed during the week? All because of Road construction?

OG, I don't know about 40, but Lake Forest boat ramp was super busy yesterday. It's the only boat ramp still open on the whole north shore tho, and maybe the last pleasant weekend of the season. Probably lots of folx pulling boats off moorings too.

If anybuddy wants to see a ski movie, but doesn't feel comfortable spending 2 hours indoors with a bunch of randos, there's a drive-in presentation of TGR's flick in Reno again this year. Maggot summit?
    https://www.tetongravity.com/films/s...stoke-the-fire

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    PD, neither one of those organizations are going to battle for you in this instance. Relationships with public and private land managers is their top priority and they’re going to default to their opinion when it comes to fire hazard mitigation. If the FS was proposing to permanently shut off access somewhere then yes, they’ll probably step in. Really, the only thing that will do much is top down pressure from the elected officials. So write your senators and reps if you’re really worried.

At this point the fire event is just slowing down and I’m sure they’ll be adjusting and changing closure orders as conditions permit. No need to flip out over a temporary closure order without having the full picture. Maybe just call their office and ask if they plan to reassess after a certain amount of time and so on. Then use your soapbox at TGR to inform others rather than just complain.
    And the other ones don't work now as all Facebook (FB, Instagram, WhatsApp. their internal sites) sites are down. Ransomed??
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Apparently even internal fb comms are down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    You talking now or in the winter? SB doesn't allow overnights in their lots unless you have a reservation at Benson Hut and make arrangements with them. You could probably park in the dirt lot out by the train tracks now but that won't be plowed in the winter. Don't park on DPR or Soda Springs while plows are running if you want your truck to stay in one piece. Best bet for winter is probably either the SnoPark near Boreal, or find an out of the way spot in the DSL lot. Probably some options down by Kingvale as well.
    I meant now, I'll be up there this afternoon/tonight. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Apparently even internal fb comms are down as well.
    https://twitter.com/GossiTheDog/stat...119236107?s=20

Apparently they can't get outside email either.

No way it's coincidental after the 60 Minutes whistleblower piece last night. I feel like somebody internal who was already pissed off decided it was time to do something drastic.

Also, lawl @ this...
    https://twitter.com/sheeraf/status/1...316503057?s=20
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Murian View Post
    I meant now, I'll be up there this afternoon/tonight. Thanks for the reply.
    Gotcha. The Summit Haus lot (where ASI used to be) at the top of old 40 is another option, I've seen people there overnight. Or by the PCT trailhead just south of there.

And the other ones don't work now as all Facebook (FB, Instagram, WhatsApp. their internal sites) sites are down. Ransomed??
    Start a petition and solicit for signatures outside of Raleys??