Page 191 of 226 FirstFirst ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... LastLast
Results 4,751 to 4,775 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by heckacali View Post
    Side rant:

Hey dumbfucks, see those big closed signs you just rode past, and the one that you had to duck around as you went around the closed locked fucking gate at the base of the 6??!?

They apply to you and your mtb friends, and your dogs too. You are not some special exemption.
    Closed is fucking closed.

Oh, are you local? Are you "cool" so you won't start a fire or get hurt? Doesn't fucking matter.

I'm pretty sure you parked your cars down at the dead end of thelin @ silver fir, you know, the first gen grey 4runner with the top off ( I appreciate the rig) so as to avoid parking in the still accessable first lot of the 6. Why? Is there something you're trying to hide about your exceptionalism and freedom to go into the closed forest??

Also, as one who DOES live in the area ( see, I was walking my dog too, on the streets of my neighborhood, avoiding what is almost my back yard of the closed area)
    please kindly drive elsewhere to a non closed area and kindly FUCK off from the 6 for now.

Too bad I was too far away to talk to you after you rode up thelin and ducked into the 6.

Also, if I was 100% certain you came out of that 4runner, I would have left a kind neighborly note and collected your valve stem cores.
    There are two sides to this
    The entire forest is closed because the government has decided that they need to regulate to the lowest common denominator.
    Riding a MTB. On trails is not going to start a fire

Person your calling out. What are they doing to you?
    Really
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

You can start a fire with a pedal strike. And big fires have started this way.

It not about "me".

See, that's the problem, I believe I am not exceptional, I am not better or more important than anybody else, so I follow the rules, like them or not.
    Unlike many in our society who feel they know better, are somehow better informed than the rest of us, or that somehow rules don't apply to them, especially if they don't agree with them, I am OK curtailing or modifying my behavior to reduce risks and hazards to myself and others at a time of exceptional need.
    Yeah, I'm a "sheeple" because I'm ok with governing bodies closing areas, or requiring other minor modifications to behavior (poliass content here) to help society move forward away from danger and harm.

It's not about ME.

It not about "me".

See, that's the problem, I believe I am not exceptional, I am not better or more important than anybody else, so I follow the rules, like them or not.
    Unlike many in our society who feel they know better, are somehow better informed than the rest of us, or that somehow rules don't apply to them, especially if they don't agree with them, I am OK curtailing or modifying my behavior to reduce risks and hazards to myself and others at a time of exceptional need.
    Yeah, I'm a "sheeple" because I'm ok with governing bodies closing areas, or requiring other minor modifications to behavior (poliass content here) to help society move forward away from danger and harm.

It's not about ME.
    We see the world differently
    I’m not a fan of more and more rules
    Have you noticed. The best version of us is in the rear view mirror
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Backfires now referred to as Firing Oops make a fire bigger, like what happened in Strawberry!

Sure they saved homes. But in the future can we try something that actually works (preying to Ullr, burning skis as sacrifice, lots of everglade fan boat fans), sure maybe they worked in the past but making uncontrolled fires with these extreme conditions bigger is probably dumb.

Just like the saying "Matching resources to values at risk" really means if they are trees or shrubs "Let them burn"

Fingers Crossed we get to go home.

Question:
    Is this another form of kicking the poor out and making it only a reality for the uber wealthy. The economic hit will be felt. Insurance is already scarred to underwrite. If you cannot afford to pay then off to Methdesto for you!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

I'd like to see a better version of you MTT of not constantly posting drunk ramblings all the time, even if you are sober.

Let's focus on the fire.

Yesterday we got really lucky with the way the wind was blowing, I don’t think there could have been a better senerio, could have easily taken out all of south lake. Fire fighters did a amazing job with structure protection.

New dozer line behind my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    I'd like to see a better version of you MTT of not constantly posting drunk ramblings all the time, even if you are sober.

Let's focus on the fire.
    The fire seems to be turning into a massive fire mitigation project for the Tahoe basin. Something we could never get done.
    As to closing all public lands in a place that is almost all public land
    “Can’t even walk in the woods “
    Your level of tolerance for unconditional restrictions on people’s rights is mind numbing to me
    But your modem approach is predicable
    “Personal attack on the people who speak up”

I’m sure the world is on your side
    You keep believing that
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    We see the world differently
    I’m not a fan of more and more rules
    Have you noticed. The best version of us is in the rear view mirror
    Did I say I was a fan of more rules in any way shape or form?
    Who "like" rules, or our recreation areas impacted or limited, or our way of life being impacted buy shit out of our control (fires, pandemics, etc)?

Making that leap that people who are willing to cope peacefully with impactful, hopefully temporary, measures for the betterment of all are somehow "fans" of them is a logic fail and disingenuous argument.

Also, not liking them doesn't mean you have a right to ignore them, legally or morally.

I accept that there are times when it’s moral to break unjust laws in protest, but riding in temporarily closed forrest ain’t no lunch counter protest.

The fire seems to be turning into a massive fire mitigation project for the Tahoe basin. Something we could never get done.
    As to closing all public lands in a place that is almost all public land
    “Can’t even walk in the woods “
    Your level of tolerance for unconditional restrictions on people’s rights is mind numbing to me
    But your modem approach is predicable
    “Personal attack on the people who speak up”

I’m sure the world is on your side
    You keep believing that
    Dude, I'm talking about you constantly cunting up threads because you are sloppy, this has nothing to do with mine or your opinions of closures.

Nobody likes the hall monitor

I was typing out a long reasoned response. But settled on this

People agree with me. And people agree with you
    Does not seem to be a way to reason anyone form one side to the other
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by muted reborn View Post
    Dude, I'm talking about you constantly cunting up threads because you are sloppy, this has nothing to do with mine or your opinions of closures.
    This is the Tahoe thread not the caldor fire thread
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

KCRA Caldor Fire noon update: Sept. 1, 2021

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Nobody likes the hall monitor

I was typing out a long reasoned response. But settled on this

People agree with me. And people agree with you
    Does not seem to be a way to reason anyone form one side to the other
    I don’t agree w MTT on this topic but I’m fine w him posting his position on it. It’s hardly thread cunting. Especially in regards to some of his actual thread cunting

Someone might find this useful

VCA A Plus animal hospital will receive pets from evacuated homes free of charge
    Reno
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

What has that got to do with anything? We are talking about 9000 sloppy posts on your part - fuck never mind. Keep sloppin'.

Let's get back to the fire.

Fomo, he posted newer info too: fire is at Cold Creek.

They are having issues at Caples Creek which sucks. And new evacs are now out.

Hilarious bc the California is Burning thread has sat quiet all summer.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Yesterday we got really lucky with the way the wind was blowing, I don’t think there could have been a better senerio, could have easily taken out all of south lake. Fire fighters did a amazing job with structure protection.

New dozer line behind my house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is that angora?

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    The wildfire 2021 thread gets a bit of play. Dixie fire is still raging
    And I remind myself that caldor has burned 500? Homes and might not be done on the west side
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Also hilarious because the fire has burned within or adjacent to the 3 ski resorts around South Tahoe yet its relevance is … oh never mind

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

From the Truckee airport to the north

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dixie fire from truckee airport cropped.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	260.1 KB 
ID:	384248

And to the south

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	caldor fire fram truckee airport.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	943.4 KB 
ID:	384249

Yet Truckee is having some of the cleanest air in months

Yet Truckee is having some of the cleanest air in months
    Yep. Was sitting out on the deck on Monday enjoying the first blue skies in a long time. Meanwhile fire was bearing down on South Lake.

Some conflicted feelings there.