Page 59 of 226 FirstFirst ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Just gonna leave this here in case anybuddy wants to read tea leaves or listen to kaffeeklatsch about a potential pattern change. Doesn't look good for Cali.
    I’m for sure laying off following the model nerds for a while. The uncertainty can be exciting, but when it’s been miss, miss, miss... it gets real old. Whatever, if the ridge stays far enough off the coast we can always have a system slide in from the north, get out to sea a little bit and bring the good stuff. That’s what saved us last March.

Also FWIW, Mike estimates timing of storm events NOT magnitudes. There’s not a whole lot of discrepancy between a little pisser of a storm and a huge dump.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The Alterra ski area valley was insanely crowded this morning. Also not really worth it except for a few spots where the wind put it.

Honest question - are we just ignoring stay at home order now? If so there's a few other places I can think of traveling to...

^^^^Based on the lot at Squaw? Looked pretty damn full. So, maybe.

Honestly, I think it depends on your own personal perspective. People rationalize what they want.

Pretty sure all those people are essential doctors and nurses who came here to save us from the covids.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Mediocre snow, as expected, at kwood today. Stoked that Vail capped the reservations at eleventy billion fucktards. Back to touring every day...

Yeah the lot at squaw was packed. Maybe I'm just upset I got the math wrong, Tuesday after a holiday and a mediocre 'storm' I expected it to at least be manageable. Maybe storm days are the only way to go now since the hordes of essential workers don't want to be stuck outside in the wind and snow.

You're right people can rationalize all sorts of ways to just do what they want.

Better than dust on crust. i'd call it fluff on muff.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

#1. Almost all of Tahoe is Jobless (Waiters / Bar Tenders/ Massage Therapists/ RE Agents (they really don't work))
    #2. Everybody else can work from home now, so the FTards in Sac/The Valley/ and DaBay can just work later.

= Powder Days will be now be like holiday weekends ie... Eleventy Billion Fucktards
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Mediocre snow, as expected, at kwood today. Stoked that Vail capped the reservations at eleventy billion fucktards. Back to touring every day...
    Back in summer I was trying to get numbers from Vail about capacity. It was crickets. Chat, email, phone - nothing. Part of the reason I decided to pass on the pass this year.

Im planning on picking and choosing my days this season. No resort powder days for me. I’m looking for blue bird packed snow (midweek, if I can make that happen) and no one else all that interested in skiing.

Was it really that busy? Or just a slow line at the bottom?

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderBreak View Post
    Yeah the lot at squaw was packed. Maybe I'm just upset I got the math wrong, Tuesday after a holiday and a mediocre 'storm' I expected it to at least be manageable. Maybe storm days are the only way to go now since the hordes of essential workers don't want to be stuck outside in the wind and snow.

You're right people can rationalize all sorts of ways to just do what they want.
    Powder Day = Tour Day

Packed Out = Resort Day

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    #1. Almost all of Tahoe is Jobless (Waiters / Bar Tenders/ Massage Therapists/ RE Agents (they really don't work))
    #2. Everybody else can work from home now, so the FTards in Sac/The Valley/ and DaBay can just work later.

= Powder Days will be now be like holiday weekends ie... Eleventy Billion Fucktards
    Just because you can work from home does not mean you can work whenever you want.

All the folks I know (mostly teachers and tech workers) have to be available and working from 8am until 4pm.

My job is a bit flexible, and i do most of my work from home, but have to be onsite five days a week for and hour to three.

Even I know how to ski for a few hours and I have to be a desk jockey 5 days per week (I did not partake today). And those few are often the best, and the only hours you really need to ski. So I don't buy it. Not to mention the gaggles that moved here to be "locals".
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

I'm ok with it now; its gonna be busy, more than I ever would've thought.

Its also a big mountain range, if I cant figure out a way to have fun, that's on me.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post

On the bright side, very few powder days...

Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Back in summer I was trying to get numbers from Vail about capacity. It was crickets. Chat, email, phone - nothing. Part of the reason I decided to pass on the pass this year.

Im planning on picking and choosing my days this season. No resort powder days for me. I’m looking for blue bird packed snow (midweek, if I can make that happen) and no one else all that interested in skiing.

Was it really that busy? Or just a slow line at the bottom?
    Yes it was busy. Like a weekend ‘powder’ day. Long lines until backside opened. Dumbasses making 6 & 10 stop repeatedly. Snowboarders post holing the Palisades traverse track.

Had fun regardless, since we know the aspects that held the ok snow. Just getting tired of the completely useless NWS forecasts, the mega crowds ignoring the stay near home guidelines, etc.

Again...why spring corn days have become much more of a draw for me than powder days. Alpine had the fullest parking lot of the season today...on a Tuesday...for what could marginally be called a powder day.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by BoulderBreak View Post
    I'm ok with it now; its gonna be busy, more than I ever would've thought.

Its also a big mountain range, if I cant figure out a way to have fun, that's on me.
    Sig Worthy

There was good snow to be had out there. Easy travelin too. Wish I could say I skied away clean
    Name:  8A892FC7-BF86-482A-8520-27909227E7F8.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  99.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Wish I could say I skied away clean
    Well now you gotta share the vid

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    There was good snow to be had out there. Easy travelin too. Wish I could say I skied away clean
    Name:  8A892FC7-BF86-482A-8520-27909227E7F8.jpg
Views: 1176
Size:  99.8 KB

Tapping foot. For the video on your YouTube channel
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Today was awesome in the right spots. But yeah, the summit line at Alpine sucked, but it was great when they let us load at 8:40 so those first few laps were fun.
    Last edited by TahoeJ; 01-06-2021 at 11:25 AM.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Kirkwood did feel kinda crowded for a Tuesday.. I think everyone just wants a real pow day (including me!). It wasn't that bad though, 5-10 min wait tops before it cleared out for the afternoon.

You have to take your skis off to get over to the high line to Thunder Saddle. Major low tide.. Storm was a total bust for South Lake, I got suckered by BA on this one. Ah well it was still a fun day with some surfy turns out there.

Apparently lots of people booked a resort rez today based on forecast...... took me forever to pull out of my parking lot for work due to steady stream of cars at 8.

Storm was a bust..... but shit layer is even more bridged and instacorn

Nice press in latest issue (Winter 2021) of Tahoe Quarterly: Snow Science by Citizens

[$PAM]: Get Mountain Hub (app) and contribute snow depth measurements to Community Snow Obs! It doesn't have to be your stash, anywhere works, even if there is no snow, that's still a great data point (esp if there should be snow for a given time of year). Good way to be useful while the safety meeting is organized or taking the dog(s) out. Drop some nice depth measurements on there and PM me and I'll hook you up with a sweet lime green 40 cm Voile CSO ski strap and some stickers while they last. [\$PAM]

Since I'm soliciting, I'll pay the stoke police.

God's Groomer was in full effect yesterday at Kweeziana, smooth and edgeable all day in all the right spots. Ptex donated, turns made, (small) airs flown, laughs had. FKNA

A Favorite Perch. Apr 2020. It was a trip riding the bike to ski tour all spring, made for some fun adventures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7852.jpg 
Views:	823 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	356610

Nice place to be late on Monday afternoon.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg 
Views:	765 
Size:	725.9 KB 
ID:	356614
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3112.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	722.8 KB 
ID:	356613