Page 91 of 226 FirstFirst ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,275 of 5635
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    hope to visit there someday but it's not in the master plan right now.. No, we just need to come up the night before. Hopefully that's all he needs, he's been fine after a day on multi-day trips. This is tough for me to swallow as it will limit our season with no more day trips but I can't torture the poor kid anymore, it's clear he has an acute sensitivity to AMS and none of the hacks we've tried are enough to help him adjust comfortably. Probably time to talk the wife into a ski lease finally
    Have you tried weed?

BA still bullish on the storm. 19+" all along the crest. NWS saying 9-17" or solid chances of about a foot. Bets on who's right?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

It looks like the sac NWS office of predicting more than the Reno NWS office. Though I could be skimming too quickly
    Last edited by bodywhomper; 02-01-2021 at 11:20 AM.

For those interested:

Join us Wed 2/3 at 7pm for a discussion with Sierra Avalanche Center lead forecaster Brandon Schwartz, followed by a brief Q&A session.

https://facebook.com/sacnonprofit/

Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Man things have changed.

I was at Kirkwood on Sat, they dropped the rope to Eagle Bowl as my chair was level with the saddle. I figured sweet, 30th tracks?? Nope, no one went near it. I got down to the gate and one snowboarder was fucking with his gopro and I rolled in, first tracks top to bottom!!

On Sunday we got there at about 9:00am and the line of cars was past Caples Lake!!!

I kept driving.

FUCK VAIL
    Hello darkness my old friend

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Whatever. Seems like it was a good idea when neither locals or day trippers could access the lake because all the parking was occupied by big RV's staying there for many days or longer. People were roping off the shore and docks so that even if someone rode their bike out they were blocked (illegally) from getting to the water.
    I've encountered some rope people off of Hwy 108. They were laying claim to a large area and a long stretch of the creek. I ducked their fucking rope and went down to the creek with my dogs followed by a bunch of yelling and threats of something or other. I answered "public land, public waterway" and kept walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhelihiker View Post
    Man things have changed.

I was at Kirkwood on Sat, they dropped the rope to Eagle Bowl as my chair was level with the saddle. I figured sweet, 30th tracks?? Nope, no one went near it. I got down to the gate and one snowboarder was fucking with his gopro and I rolled in, first tracks top to bottom!!

On Sunday we got there at about 9:00am and the line of cars was past Caples Lake!!!

I kept driving.

FUCK VAIL
    Why is this Vail's fault exactly? I blame them for a lot of crap but not for the fact that too many people's want to show up and ski on the same day on occasion..

Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    Why is this Vail's fault exactly? I blame them for a lot of crap but not for the fact that too many people's want to show up and ski on the same day on occasion..
    I could be wrong but when Northstar and Heavenly sell out their reservations they all converge on Kirkwood. Furthermore, Kirkwood skiers used to have a Kirkwood pass and thats it. The first year of the the Epic pass you saw a shit ton of people skiing Kirkwood for the first time because its on their pass now so lets give it a try.

While we are at it, if they are limiting capacity how the fuck does the parking lot fill to capacity?

again FUCK VAIL and all of its sympathizers

carry on
    Hello darkness my old friend

I could be wrong but when Northstar and Heavenly sell out their reservations they all converge on Kirkwood. Furthermore, Kirkwood skiers used to have a Kirkwood pass and thats it. The first year of the the Epic pass you saw a shit ton of people skiing Kirkwood for the first time because its on their pass now so lets give it a try.

While we are at it, if they are limiting capacity how the fuck does the parking lot fill to capacity?

again FUCK VAIL and all of its sympathizers

carry on
    I think the reservation issue is common to all three. We skied Heavenly on Sunday b/c we couldn't get a rez anywhere else. I agree tho that the reservation system seems more like a way to appease state regulators rather than a tool to truly limit capacity but it's just my impression.

Kirkwood just doesn't have enough parking but you won't hear me arguing for more parking. I do wish they would fucking pave the Timber Creek lot FFS.

Said EPIC resort at 8:50am Yesterday. Plenty of extra Gapers, and they have brought the commuter mentality to the mountains. Best get up earlier.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210131_085224.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	360810
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

I think it's because the goofy short seasons (like closing on April 5th with 10-15 feet of snow on the ground) has driven away a lot of the dedicated / good skiers and now they go to Squawlpine or elsewhere. We have several examples of that in this thread alone.

Sugar Bowl was nice enough today, but man, those warmer temps yesterday afternoon really did a number on things. Ready for the reset.

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    For those interested:
    Paging Powdork, now is your time to let loose on SAC’s misjudgement last week...

Quote Originally Posted by NakedShorts View Post
    Said EPIC resort at 8:50am Yesterday. Plenty of extra Gapers, and they have brought the commuter mentality to the mountains. Best get up earlier.

Name:	IMG_20210131_085224.jpg 
Views:	250 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	360810
    Looks tame compared to Sierra at the same time yesterday, what a clusterfuck.

I miss the $299 KW pass and sleeping in the truck bed next to 6...

I knew Saturday was going to be a shit show everywhere, but my kid wanted to ski and we headed up to Rose and were in line by
    8:00. We were on Zephyr just after 8:30a.m. and the line was growing behind us.

Name:	A0D146DC-5917-48FA-9F53-B7DDFF9FCFC0.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	754.0 KB 
ID:	360827
    This is what the line like after one run. We did one more run.

Name:	329CD6DA-1686-42BB-91C6-1C8EC44BABAD.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	747.8 KB 
ID:	360828
    This is what we were greeted by after our 2nd run. The line actually curled uphill to the Winters Creek sun deck before turning back towards the chair. F&ck that. We bailed. It exceeded my expectations of suck. Apparently later that day due to the size of the lines Rose made the bold decision to start putting three singles vs two on 6-pack chairs and ask doubles if they were comfortable riding with a single. Sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastern Sierra Skier View Post
    I knew Saturday was going to be a shit show everywhere, but my kid wanted to ski and we headed up to Rose and were in line by
    8:00. We were on Zephyr just after 8:30a.m. and the line was growing behind us.

Name:	A0D146DC-5917-48FA-9F53-B7DDFF9FCFC0.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	754.0 KB 
ID:	360827
    This is what the line like after one run. We did one more run.

Name:	329CD6DA-1686-42BB-91C6-1C8EC44BABAD.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	747.8 KB 
ID:	360828
    This is what we were greeted by after our 2nd run. The line actually curled uphill to the Winters Creek sun deck before turning back towards the chair. F&ck that. We bailed. It exceeded my expectations of suck. Apparently later that day due to the size of the lines Rose made the bold decision to start putting three singles vs two on 6-pack chairs and ask doubles if they were comfortable riding with a single. Sweet.
    3 singles or a double and a single on a 6 has been pretty much the rule at Squalpine but singles or doubles who want to ride alone can still do it. I haven't seen anyone getting shit for riding alone but then I avoid weekends. I have gotten shit a couple of times for wanting to ride alone when there's absolutely no line. It's nice to pull the mask down on the chair.

A buddy lives in Danville and tried riding Alpine this weekend. Told me he was stuck sitting in traffic on the 80 at 8:30 at Boreal and at 10:30 they made it to Alpine only to be turned around. Yahoo 8 hour car trips to nowhere. On Saturday they were parked past the spillway in the turnouts next to Caples, CHP was towing cars parked at the meadow, the Inn parking was of course 100% full. They have a reservation system but still like fucking their customers. #NoClue (Both the people and the operators). Seems like we get to do it again this weekend....Oh Joy!
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Maybe this has been discussed before, but is it even legal for the resorts to sell day passes and then not guarantee that a customer can make it to said resort to use the pass?

Quote Originally Posted by GoSlowGoFar View Post
    Maybe this has been discussed before, but is it even legal for the resorts to sell day passes and then not guarantee that a customer can make it to said resort to use the pass?
    Squaw was giving refunds to people complaining on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/squawalpineops/s...97704412372994

On Squaw's FB page there were numerous complaints of folks with reservations that couldn't make it or even if they did make it they missed their alloted time to rent skis, their kids lessons, etc. All of which had been paid for in advance. These were folks that spent hours in between truckee and squaw and just found a place to play on the side of the road with their kids.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

It looks like Squaw wasn't alone with the clusterf*** issues of traffic, congestion and long lines on Friday/Saturday/Sunday. Basic idea: what if Squaw/Alpine paid for an electronic sign on Highway 89 (two of them so both directions) that gave folks a heads up that the parking lot was full and that cars were being turned around? The traffic backups on 89 were ridiculous this weekend with folks that just were trying to get to the mountain. And maybe this has been discussed before but why is there never any police or sheriff directing traffic at entrance of Squaw/Alpine? I've seen this once and it was Sierra years ago when we were leaving after a ski race was done.

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Are you talking about the area out the back of the gondola building.? Where you go through glass doors.
    No, the main entrance facing west (towards Tower 9 and the ski shop).

Name:	IMG_0368.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	360841Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0554.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	360842

Name:	IMG_0584.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	732.8 KB 
ID:	360843Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0632.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	1,015.0 KB 
ID:	360844
    Going deep Friday before it got greenhoused

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Before

Name:	IMG_0622.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	706.6 KB 
ID:	360845
    During

Name:	IMG_0623.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	783.9 KB 
ID:	360846
    After

Name:	IMG_1067.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	866.6 KB 
ID:	360847

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    No, the main entrance facing west (towards Tower 9 and the ski shop).
    Ohh the exact opposite side. That must have made some noise.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Others from Saturday

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	360848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0874.jpg 
Size:	987.2 KB 
ID:	360849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0912.jpg 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	360851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1054.jpg 
Size:	890.0 KB 
ID:	360852

Backyard Sunday

Name:	IMG_1162.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	360855

Reset please+++++