Page 214 of 225 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 5613
  1. #5326
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Truckee & Sonoma
    Posts
    13,102
    Those Sunski treeline glasses are great - I use them for touring and the side flaps that block glare on sunny spring days are really nice.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

  2. #5327
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    San Jose Cuervo
    Posts
    630
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Went to Santa Cruz for a music festival this weekend.
    Rode on uc campus.
    Unbelievable how busy, every parking lot and pullout on highway 9 was taken by 8;30.
    Trails were trashed, dusty, huge brake bumps.

    Coming down pogonip to get to my car, probably 150 people riding up.

    Glad I'm not living in Santa Cruz anymore

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Emma McCreary trail is nuts, I did it once recently on a weekend and vowed never again..

  3. #5328
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Rode on uc campus.
    Nobody rides there anymore, it's too crowded.

  4. #5329
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Went to Santa Cruz for a music festival this weekend.
    Rode on uc campus.
    Unbelievable how busy, every parking lot and pullout on highway 9 was taken by 8;30.
    Trails were trashed, dusty, huge brake bumps.

    Coming down pogonip to get to my car, probably 150 people riding up.

    Glad I'm not living in Santa Cruz anymore

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    You went too early. I was camping across the road at Henry Cowell over the weekend. My boy and I went over and rode Magic Carpet around noon. Plenty of parking and we had the trail to ourselves. And why the hell were you coming down Pogonip?

  5. #5330
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    LV-426
    Posts
    18,476
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokomahonah View Post
    Pm sent El Chupacabra

    Sent from my 5007Z using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

  6. #5331
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Went to Santa Cruz for a music festival this weekend.
    Rode on uc campus.
    Unbelievable how busy, every parking lot and pullout on highway 9 was taken by 8;30.
    Trails were trashed, dusty, huge brake bumps.

    Coming down pogonip to get to my car, probably 150 people riding up.

    Glad I'm not living in Santa Cruz anymore

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Yeah the trails are crowded. But what about Ben Harper’s set?

  7. #5332
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,854
    Random. We camped this weekend in HC too, but to take the kids on the train at Roaring Camp (which my wife has wanted to do for awhile).

    Listened to the show a bit from outside. Skipped bringing my bike because my kids aren't at the level of those trails yet and didn't have a ton of extra time for a solo ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  8. #5333
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    18,336
    50 opens tomorrow AM.
    If anyone heads up that way my kid is curious what the Leap looks like.
    Last edited by old goat; 09-20-2021 at 03:52 PM.

  9. #5334
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by MashedPotatoes View Post
    Emma McCreary trail is nuts, I did it once recently on a weekend and vowed never again..
    My kid practices soccer at Harvey West on Tuesdays from 4:30 to 6. Up EMT, up UCON, up lower RockNRoll to the Circle of Doom, to the road to the water tanks and down upper Dead Camper to Hilly Billy up to EMT and down. Super fun. Usually see about 6-10 people on the trails.

    I ride up on campus a lot, tho avoid some areas on the weekend, and rarely are other riders an issue. There are so many trails that rarely get ridden; some that could use a little more traffic. Was out with my 10yr old and his buddy this Sunday. Campus was quiet on the route we took.

    Looks like full chairs at KW this winter. And no reservations.

  10. #5335
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Looks like full chairs at KW this winter. And no reservations.
    Aka "parking-lot-limited"

  11. #5336
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    50 opens tomorrow AM.
    If anyone heads up that way my kid is curious what the Leap looks like.
    rattlesnake free, hopefully. That place did need to see a fire.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  12. #5337
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Da Norf Lake
    Posts
    1,980
    Cool tip for those in search of firewood: there are always rounds at the dump. You just have to haul and split yourself. Usually pretty green but sometimes seasoned. And free!

    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

  13. #5338
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Verdi NV
    Posts
    9,252
    Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Cool tip for those in search of firewood: there are always rounds at the dump. You just have to haul and split yourself. Usually pretty green but sometimes seasoned. And free!

    Yes that is everywhere
    I just want to over pay someone to deliver and stack on my porch. 2 cords of 18 inch nicely split fire wood
    Prefer fast burning pine. Tamarack. Is the most desirable
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

  14. #5339
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamburello Rouge View Post
    You went too early. I was camping across the road at Henry Cowell over the weekend. My boy and I went over and rode Magic Carpet around noon. Plenty of parking and we had the trail to ourselves. And why the hell were you coming down Pogonip?
    Went up pogonip, down magic carpet, up a trail parallel to magic, down pogonip.

    Didn't want to ride highway 9

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  15. #5340
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by YaBoyBlue View Post
    Yeah the trails are crowded. But what about Ben Harper’s set?
    Kids had school this morning, so we had to leave at 2.
    But Michael franti was great

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  16. #5341
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    Random. We camped this weekend in HC too, but to take the kids on the train at Roaring Camp (which my wife has wanted to do for awhile).

    Listened to the show a bit from outside. Skipped bringing my bike because my kids aren't at the level of those trails yet and didn't have a ton of extra time for a solo ride.

    Bring the bikes next time. There are trails for every level here, as long as they can ride down a sidewalk. Seriously, I've been taking kids around campus for almost three years now. My son and I would be happy to give ya'll a tour of the green circles.

    You would need to drive around to the other side a bit, but we were on some of these trails on Sunday and saw maybe 6 people the entire time, and they are green/blues. Hell, one of those six people was a co-worker. The kooks from all over Bay Area and Central Valley come and trash about 6 trails going down to route 9, and touch little else. Although, I will complain that DCups gut totally blown out this past year.

    Roaring Camo is great. Did you go up Bear or down to the Boardwalk?

    Fuck, everyone is in town and no one says hello. This place...

  17. #5342
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Aka "parking-lot-limited"

    True, but I will mostly be skiing there when staying at my buddies. Or arriving at 7:40AM because it is snowing and I'm off work and off dadding.

  18. #5343
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cruzing
    Posts
    11,205
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Went up pogonip, down magic carpet, up a trail parallel to magic, down pogonip.

    Didn't want to ride highway 9

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

    Love the climb out of Magic Carpet. Bunch of good ways down over there. I can spend hours over there and rarely see another person. Some of the trails are in great shape too. Some, a bit blown.

    EMT Down is such a fun finish off campus when it is empty. I does fucking suck when it is crowded. I l almost always climb/descend through Wilder., and I live about equal distance between EMT and Wilder. Not sure if you had the time, but a run down Mailboxes or Wally World to Wilder/Englesmen can be a fun finish. It is just about 3 miles of pavement between Wilder and EMT, so easy to connect. It actually might not take much longer, especially if you park your car at Harvey West, considering you went around 150 up riders.

    Riding down Highway 9 is dumb. In so many ways. I try to avoid the few trails that require it. Or wait till it is midweek at 10AM. The bottom of Chupa to the line back up is just about 3/4 mile. With no cars or bikes around, you can be on and off asphalt in no time.

  19. #5344
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Couloirfornia
    Posts
    8,854
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post
    Bring the bikes next time. There are trails for every level here, as long as they can ride down a sidewalk. Seriously, I've been taking kids around campus for almost three years now. My son and I would be happy to give ya'll a tour of the green circles.

    You would need to drive around to the other side a bit, but we were on some of these trails on Sunday and saw maybe 6 people the entire time, and they are green/blues. Hell, one of those six people was a co-worker. The kooks from all over Bay Area and Central Valley come and trash about 6 trails going down to route 9, and touch little else. Although, I will complain that DCups gut totally blown out this past year.

    Roaring Camo is great. Did you go up Bear or down to the Boardwalk?

    Fuck, everyone is in town and no one says hello. This place...
    Word. I'll do it again soon and hit you up. We have a pretty sweet trailer now, with bike storage under flip-up bottom bunk. We'd love a tour. Took the kids on Schralph A. DoSeph's Alsea Falls trails (the easy stuff for the kids, I was on my second lap) in July. They dug it. Still getting my daughter more confident on things, but my son thinks he's ready for Northstar.

    Went up Bear. Grades are super impressive.

    In other news, I was on a Dustbowl Revival kick earlier this year and had no idea they were playing like right over the fence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

  20. #5345
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    219
    Quote Originally Posted by Ottime View Post

    Looks like full chairs at KW this winter. And no reservations.
    Looks like all Vail properties: https://www.skiheavenly.com/explore-...xperience.aspx

    Highlights:
    - Must show proof of vaccination to dine in cafeterias. It wasn't clear to me if the sit-down restaurants have this requirement. This one surprised me. Not that I ever buy food at Kirkwood or Heavenly, but I'm going to have to get my vaccination card laminated since this is required in lots of places now.
    - No masks outdoors, but masks indoors
    - No reservations (Yay!)
    - No social distancing (partial capacity) required on lifts

    In general, I think the Vail resort customers will be OK with this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of complaints about the vaccination requirement for dining.
    "Holy Cow!" someone exclaimed from the back of the stationwagon.

  21. #5346
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    2,005
    You can also get proof of vax on your phone via the state’s database. Don’t need the actual card anymore.

  22. #5347
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tahoe
    Posts
    14,470
    Quote Originally Posted by skysos View Post
    In general, I think the Vail resort customers will be OK with this, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of complaints about the vaccination requirement for dining.
    If it's just buffets though that's no big deal, and it's not like their buffets are per person. If you're unvaxxed you can just 'Hey Mister' it like you're buying Boones Farm at a 7/11 as a teenager.


    or one could be an adult.
    Last edited by powdork; 09-20-2021 at 09:07 PM.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

  23. #5348
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,790
    Quote Originally Posted by rod9301 View Post
    Kids had school this morning, so we had to leave at 2.
    But Michael franti was great

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
    Who’s ben harper’s bass player now? Once saw a show with Harper, spearhead (when they first started), defranco, and a few others.

  24. #5349
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Squaw valley
    Posts
    3,502
    I don't know, but the bass player for spearhead had been with them for 20+ years and the oldest band member for 24 years!

    Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

  25. #5350
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    sutro tower
    Posts
    524
    Thanks ya'll on the test run of sunski.com/fire. I saw a few orders come thru from this thread - did it make sense or was there any trouble? PM me how it went. (none of us at Sunski are in the service so we can't actually go through the process ourselves!!)

    If you know anybody in fire drop them the link: sunski.com/fire

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •