Page 24 of 226 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bodywhomper View Post
    NV County COVID (as of eod today) looks to be 33.4 cases/day/100k peeps over 7-day avg and 14.7% positivity. More in western county than eastern. Ugh.
    Maths are not my strong suit, but how does 33.4 cases a day = 100,000 over a 7-day period?
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Friend of mine got the last icu bed at Barton yesterday and is on oxygen, shits getting real.

Boreal up and running. Something to do at night beside this internet crap

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    Maths are not my strong suit, ....
    Are you sure?

Notice the one you quoted has no = sign. Although 'looks to be' is the same thing.

The metric used by the state is Daily new cases (per 100k). The state currently has Nevada Co at 14 cases per day per 100k residents. Anything above 7 is considered widespread
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Are you sure?

Notice the one you quoted has no = sign. Although 'looks to be' is the same thing.

The metric used by the state is Daily new cases (per 100k). The state currently has Nevada Co at 14 cases per day per 100k residents. Anything above 7 is considered widespread
    And the 14 cases value from the state is as of oct 16. My value is from last tues to Monday. State’s is Sunday to Saturday. 14% positivity is pretty bad and given the relative # of daily cases means it means that there are a lot of residents cruising around and not knowing they’re sick/contagious or are ignoring their symptoms. 121 cases reported today. Look at the nv county dashboard. There are 100k residents. It’s an easy calculation.

yup. I was gonna go into that but I couldn't find the 121 you found and didn't know what you were using for data, just that it was more recent than the state's. I just saw the graph and it says it went from 1.1k to 1.2k which isn't super helpful. It is the record daily cases for NV county though.

NV county has a dashboard like most/all the counties in CA. I believe that placer co and el dorado take several days to have accurate #s because people sometimes get tested in adjacent counties. A lot of the state is blowing up right now. It’s hard to believe that the ski hills will be spinning lifts for very long unless they have protocols in place to keep employees healthy.

[QUOTE=Wobby;6143065]I actually went skiing in Tahoe. It was good, still thin in spots of course.

Might actually have COVID, so seems like solo tours only in the near future. Waiting for test results, but roommate came back positive and we've had a lot of contact recently. Not sure what the proper protocol is for this -especially since I feel 100% healthy and any perceived symptoms are very mild if at all. I'm sure you guys will have a good time discussing/flaming me/QUOTE]

Let me help you with the protocol you are "not sure" about:

Since you know you are exposed to and had "a lot of contact" with someone Covid positive, and have mild symptoms, the proper protocol is to self quarantine for 14 days, at the conclusion of which another test shows you are Covid negative. Quarantine means you stay inside, in your home. Don't interact with anyone inside or outside. No one comes over and you don't go out, except for medical treatment. No skiing, grocery store, restrooms, nothing. Get food delivered.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by amoeba View Post
    Quarantine means you stay inside, in your home.
    Quarantine means to maintain a state of isolation. Says nothing about staying at home. For some, quarantining may specifically mean removing oneself from the home. I can't see wobby having a hard time being outside and not coming into contact with anyone.

edit-but again, nevada's rural hospitals are getting crushed. elko county icu is at 143% capacity. In fact, outside of washoe county there were 4 ICU beds left in all of Northern Nevada.
    Last edited by powdork; 11-24-2020 at 02:33 AM.

It’s hard to believe that the ski hills will be spinning lifts for very long unless they have protocols in place to keep employees healthy.
    In order to keep employees healthy you actually need employees

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Friend of mine got the last icu bed at Barton yesterday and is on oxygen, shits getting real.
    Oh man, hope things turn out all right. Things are really scary right now. Like so much worse than any other point in the last 8 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Robojerry View Post
    And Silverado
    Did you forget the wink? I'd be happy if Silverado opened by February.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Did you forget the wink? I'd be happy if Silverado opened by February.
    ^^ And then it only opens after a full moon and only for a day.

Let me help you with the protocol you are "not sure" about:

Since you know you are exposed to and had "a lot of contact" with someone Covid positive, and have mild symptoms, the proper protocol is to self quarantine for 14 days, at the conclusion of which another test shows you are Covid negative. Quarantine means you stay inside, in your home. Don't interact with anyone inside or outside. No one comes over and you don't go out, except for medical treatment. No skiing, grocery store, restrooms, nothing. Get food delivered.

Sent from my SM-A115U using Tapatalk
    Quarantine 14 days from known exposure or 10 days from onset of symptoms. No test required at the end. My recollection is with symptoms you should isolate as well. The difference is that with quarantine you can interact with people in your home, with isolation you hole up in your room and your family leaves meals at the door, or through the slot in the door, depending on what kind of room it is.

So technically isolation is more severe.

As far as going solo BC skiing--yeah there's a risk of exposing someone if you have an accident driving or skiing but it seems to me that the risk is very small considering the risks so many millions of people are exposing others to every day. So let's not be so judgmental.

edit-but again, nevada's rural hospitals are getting crushed. elko county icu is at 143% capacity. In fact, outside of washoe county there were 4 ICU beds left in all of Northern Nevada.
    Few people out there actually care. It’ll all just a big city virus overblown by the Dems. Oh and recall Sisolak

Edit: Obviously there are a lot of people in Washoe/Carson who think that. It’s just way more concentrated in places like Elko
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Powcruzer View Post
    ^^ And then it only opens after a full moon and only for a day.
    Well, Silverado is a biodynamic lift. It runs on cow hooves.

Well, Silverado is a biodynamic lift. It runs on cow hooves.
    And the hopes and dreams of over eager ikon passholders

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

The proper protocol is to self quarantine for 14 days, at the conclusion of which another test shows you are Covid negative. Quarantine means you stay inside, in your home. Don't interact with anyone inside or outside. No one comes over and you don't go out, except for medical treatment. No skiing, grocery store, restrooms, nothing. Get food delivered.
    This.
    Wobby, the protocol is clear, and looking up the dictionary definition of quarantine is a serious dork move. You might use your judgement and determine something outside is ok (and I think you should be going for air and exercise if you feel up for it), but this is about protecting the community. Not sure what you need to feel the gravity of the situation, but maybe try imagining you are staying home to protect your mom or grandma. If you go out in the BC, you better be breaking your own trail and skiing untouched. You are actually the wall that stops the spread.

Anyway, the snow isn't all that and you can wait a week, right?

Do you want me to drop off some food? Some thanksgiving stuff?
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

I think it's a little overboard to not go play in the woods by yourself because you "might" have covid. What if this, what if that...what if the house catches fire and he needs to be rescued? Don't play that game, something could happen anywhere, just play it safe within reason. Of course, if the testing wasn't a complete joke, this wouldn't be an issue.
    On another note, looks like S@#%w's website got even worse, and the webcams aren't working, so can't tell what the lift lines are looking like.
    “I really lack the words to compliment myself today.” - Alberto Tomba

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    This.
    Wobby, the protocol is clear, and looking up the dictionary definition of quarantine is a serious dork move. You might use your judgement and determine something outside is ok (and I think you should be going for air and exercise if you feel up for it), but this is about protecting the community. Not sure what you need to feel the gravity of the situation, but maybe try imagining you are staying home to protect your mom or grandma. If you go out in the BC, you better be breaking your own trail and skiing untouched. You are actually the wall that stops the spread.

Anyway, the snow isn't all that and you can wait a week, right?

Do you want me to drop off some food? Some thanksgiving stuff?
    You guys are all awesome, and I appreciate the discussion. I'm pretty set at the house, had some friends bring stuff by already, and my roommate is nearly past her window of required quarantine -so she can get groceries for us at the end of the week.

Wish I was trolling about this whole thing, but I'm not. What's crazy is how mild her symptoms were -like very slight cough and sore throat for maybe 2 days, totally fine now. I don't even think she would have mentioned anything in a normal year with no COVID. She thought she was just being overly paranoid, but decided to get tested anyway. So of course we weren't taking it too seriously, and when her test results came back positive (5 days later mind you) it was a bit of a surprise. I mean, her and I literally got in the car together and went skinning multiple times during that window. Didn't think anything of it really.

I feel great, and haven't really noticed anything unusual -though once we got her results back I started seeing symptoms in the weirdest things. (like: I ate 100 cookies, why is my throat scratchy?) As for right now I'm chillin -heeding (most of) your advice and not making turns. Though if we miraculously get two feet of blower out of some random unpredicted storm, don't follow the one isolated skintrack...

Keep this thread interesting, I'm bored AF at home.

-W

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    You have a pass correct?
    Oh yes.
    Fwiw, Rose prolly has the most gnar available right now.
    (Not counting bc, covid carriers, and cliff jumps into rocks, m'kay?)
    They have most all the runs on the face open, but not groomed.
    Long, steep bump runs, if that's you're thing. Early season bonus!Snow felt mostly good. Some untracked was weird/grabby/stiff. Lakeview only groomer if you wanna speed up.
    Lift line etiquette seemed calmer than on Friday.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

One never knows they are a super spreader until it’s too late. If one is definitely exposed to covid, they say up to 14 days of incubation and ~10 days of contagiousness. That’s a total of 24 days (not the 14 days that we keep hearing). If one tests positive, it’s 10 days of isolation from the day of testing. If one has symptoms, it’s 10 days of isolation from symptoms. All this is to try to eliminate the possibility of exposing others by accident.

One never knows they are a super spreader until it’s too late. If one is definitely exposed to covid, they say up to 14 days of incubation and ~10 days of contagiousness. That’s a total of 24 days (not the 14 days that we keep hearing). If one tests positive, it’s 10 days of isolation from the day of testing. If one has symptoms, it’s 10 days of isolation from symptoms. All this is to try to eliminate the possibility of exposing others by accident.
    It's 24 days only if you count from the day of exposure and then 14 days later you develop symptoms or have a positive test. It's 10 days from the onset of symptoms or date of positive test, regardless of how long it's been since the date of exposure.
    And if you live with someone with covid and can't avoid close contact--it's their 10 days plus your 14 days, because your 14 day quarantine starts when they are presumed to no longer be contagious--so that would be 24 total if you remain asymptomatic and don't have a positive test.

It seems weird that someone who doesn't have covid might be quarantined longer than someone who does. But it makes sense because in the absence of a positive test or symptoms quarantine is based on the maximum incubation period of 14 days, but in most cases the incubation, and therefore the total quarantine, will be shorter.

I think. Whew.
    Last edited by old goat; 11-24-2020 at 01:38 PM.

Pardon my challenges in posting from my phone, but I think we’re saying the same thing.

Pardon my challenges in posting from my phone, but I think we’re saying the same thing.
    Not disagreeing, clarifying, or maybe unclarifying? And there are a few more scenarios to consider.