Page 155 of 226 FirstFirst ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,875 of 5635
    I bailed on UA because the pressure from Tahoe Trump was just too much, making skiing unfun. That was in Feb 2017.

Took it back online in Dec of 2019 because the wicked witch was dead, and suddenly AM started looking more like AM again. That makes it much easier to maintain positivity...other than the $##%&@ gondola.

Quote Originally Posted by meter-man View Post
    I didn't know you were writing Unofficial Alpine again - thought that went off the air in 2019 (or so) - back at it?

That's a lotta days!! Good work.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Attachment 374283

Shirley yesterday just for perspective. Still pretty decent for the most part and no rock skis necessary yet.

(Nice skis meter-man)
    Here's the same shot from above on Sunday.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0730.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	802.3 KB 
ID:	374302

On that note, serious props to Rusty Gregory. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence but since he took over for Andy Wirthless the daily operations at Squawlpine have improved dramatically.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Nice skis TJ!

Ron Cohen (and Rusty Gregory) were both at Mammoth previously, and Cohen has definitely brought a Mammoth open-the-lifts mentality to Squaw. Seen him working the KT line a bunch too.

It's nice to know all the KSL hate was well-founded. Those people really sucked balls.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    sproing!

Quote Originally Posted by gone2alpine View Post
    I bailed on UA because the pressure from Tahoe Trump was just too much, making skiing unfun. That was in Feb 2017.

Took it back online in Dec of 2019 because the wicked witch was dead, and suddenly AM started looking more like AM again. That makes it much easier to maintain positivity...other than the $##%&@ gondola.
    Funny that net neutrality has to do with networking layer but doesn’t have any provisions protecting the little guy from censorship by big corporations. So sad that they were harassing/bullying you for expressing your opinions that just didn’t happen to align with their business interests at the time.

How are RT and the Sisters right now? Looks like above freezing nights this week. Was thinking of heading out there Thursday or Friday and I assume earlier will be better.

A question. I have a UA sticker from the first iteration of UA on my skis. Is the sticker still valid or do I have to get a new one? Can I turn the old one in for a credit on the new one? Is the credit prorated by the number of days I skied--61 but that includes SV and SB (I also did about 4 days at RG but I didn't count those since I mostly walked down the steep hills (on the beginner trails). I tried calling but I was on hold for 45 minutes so I'm hoping you can answer me in the TRG's, since I'm sure many others are interested as well. Thank you and see you online and maybe in person next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    How are RT and the Sisters right now? Looks like above freezing nights this week. Was thinking of heading out there Thursday or Friday and I assume earlier will be better.
    Coverage once you get out there is good. Haven't left from the pass in a while so i don't know how the flats are, getting out there could be quite a few burnt out spots (or not).
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Given the conditions...figured I'd throw out my annual 'Is Woods Lake Rd open yet?'

honestly I think the forest next to the road will melt out sooner than the road proper. the trees was only like 1-2' deep while the road proper had these 6' snowpiles on it that didn't make any sense

Quote Originally Posted by powdork View Post
    Coverage once you get out there is good. Haven't left from the pass in a while so i don't know how the flats are, getting out there could be quite a few burnt out spots (or not).
    Thanks pd. I'll pack my shoes for the inevitable mixed slog.

Vets is offline Orange Mocha Frappuccino!
    Quote Originally Posted by skier666 View Post
    Given the conditions...figured I'd throw out my annual 'Is Woods Lake Rd open yet?'
    Not yet according to the Alpine County website.

http://www.alpinecountyca.gov/176/Road-Department

However, it is nearly two weeks since they did an update.

They updated the site yesterday (5/13) and Woods Lake is now open.
    Last edited by Vets; 05-14-2021 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A question. I have a UA sticker from the first iteration of UA on my skis. Is the sticker still valid or do I have to get a new one? Can I turn the old one in for a credit on the new one?
    The old ones are pretty old school! Shoot me your mailing addy in a PM and I'll send some newer ones.
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

THE OFFICIAL 20/21 TAHOE SKI & SNOWBOARD THREAD. PANDEMIC SCHMANDEMIC!

Drove out Blue Lakes Road to see what I could see. It's closed at 7 miles but clear all the way I would imagine. The north facing high stuff is clear and I saw work trucks driving out and back (el dorado irrigation district). It was already 1 when i got to the gate but I had my bike and my gear so i went for a ride. The over softening helped with the suncups anyway.
    Nipple ridge should provide turns into June once the road opens

Name:	IMG_8672.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	187.9 KB 
ID:	374444

Is that an ad for Dust Bowl Hazy at the end there?

indeed

5 Lakes and Western States trails will be closed intermittently for gondola construction.
    https://blog.squawalpine.com/operati...-base-gondola/

So...they're putting in the Gondy this summer.

But I haven't heard squat about the Village aka Waterpark aka No-More-Parking-Lot thing in a number of years. I cannot image Alterra abandoned those permits, even if they are not the ghouls that were KSL.

Does anyone know the status of the Village proposal and when that might happen (hopefully never)?

And here's a shot from earlier this winter for your viewing pleasures...

Name:	PXL_20210321_182723203.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	374587
    Last edited by meter-man; 05-14-2021 at 04:35 PM.
    sproing!

So I bailed on skiing today and opted for other hobbies instead. Absolutely gorgeous day.

Still some solid skiing to be had in and around Truckee...

Wednesday, 5/12/21 above Prosser Creek:

Name:	IMG_7108.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	374663

Friday 5/14/21 on Silver Peak:

Name:	IMG_7134.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	374662

Suncups have been in the infantile dimple stage on N, NE, and NW aspects. The corn cycle has been a bit fickle this week, methinks largely to do with some early morning quick freezes and brisk breezes throughout the day; snow has been in that soft-serve/cream cheese phase.
    "Man, we killin' elephants in the back yard..."

https://www.blizzard-tecnica.com/us/en

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    A question. I have a UA sticker from the first iteration of UA on my skis. Is the sticker still valid or do I have to get a new one? Can I turn the old one in for a credit on the new one? Is the credit prorated by the number of days I skied--61 but that includes SV and SB (I also did about 4 days at RG but I didn't count those since I mostly walked down the steep hills (on the beginner trails). I tried calling but I was on hold for 45 minutes so I'm hoping you can answer me in the TRG's, since I'm sure many others are interested as well. Thank you and see you online and maybe in person next season.
    Your credit will be available 6/1/21 and must be used by 5/5/21.
    Even sometimes when I'm snowboarding I'm like "Hey I'm snowboarding! Because I suck dick, I'm snowboarding!" --Dan Savage

Quote Originally Posted by lepistoir View Post
    Your credit will be available 6/1/21 and must be used by 5/5/21.
    I was afraid of that. (G2A--actually sent me some new stickers. I need to go to the mailbox and check.)

Thunder snow today

That’s some good asmr content right there.

Spring cleaning in the gear closet and have a bunch of backpacks to get rid of. PM if interested.

Ultimate Direction Women's medium running vest. Has plenty of front pockets and a larger one in the back that can hold 3-4L of stuff. Comes with 1 small water bottle for the front pockets. $20

Gregory Targhee 45L backcountry skiing backpack. Size Small. Very comfortable for longer days or short overnights/hut trips. $60

Lowe Alpine Snowpeak 50 L. Lightweight winter pack. No internal frame but all of the attachments you would need for a 3-4 day winter overnight trip. One size, skews medium-large. $20

Mountain Designs Main Range 65L backpacking pack. Size small fits 5'3-5'9. Internal frame and made of a bombproof material. $30

Gregory Whitney 81L Backpacking pack. Size small fits 5'3-5'9. Includes a rain cover. Internal frame, can carry the entire boy scout camp.
    $30

Plenty of picks here.
    https://reno.craigslist.org/spo/d/tahoe-city-backpacks/7319249699.html