Page 111 of 226 FirstFirst ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 2,751 to 2,775 of 5635
    Telluride has been kinda epic since last Friday...there, that's my post.

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Rad stuff wobby+++
    Did the high elevation rain event that fucked Tahoe make its way East to nv as well?
    Not sure yet, but I don't think so -based on some scattered reports. Will report back after this weekend!

I should state though, that there is a mean basal facet layer across much of the GB right now. Like a whole foot of collapsable facets, mostly on the ground surface, but on some snow depending on location. Luckily though, the persistent sage layer (PSL) can be enough in most spots to anchor and mitigate that problem. But if the sage is small, or its snow/dirt/tallus below -you might get pretty messed up.

Be careful if going out there, its quite gnar right now.

Looks like Daiek was just out there and walked away from there line due to the basal facet problem

Well this could be good. I have been doing my own digging. I think paying attention to the AO is better than the BA!

Name:  ao.sprd2.gif
Views: 955
Size:  28.3 KB
    I'm cool with this, as long as you Kirkwood Bro Brah's stay away from Heavenly when 88 closes- TahoeBc

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeBC View Post
    Looks like Daiek was just out there and walked away from there line due to the basal facet problem
    Ya I talked to those guys a bit about it, no doubt seems like the right call. Not the time for fat big mountain lines in the toiyabes like they were searching for. It's a super nasty layer/snowpack where steep & exposed.

When we were out there last weekend I had something like a 30' x 50' collapse in the snowpack while skinning up. Heart missed a beat when I literally fell a few inches in one whumpf. Luckily it was flat and bushy enough to be NBD, but the hazard was more than apparent after that. tail was between my legs

Thanx wob.......persistent sagebrush layer
    Yeah I just saw that as well tbc......glad to see that from him given his current local rep

So who’s got the edgewood credentials kickdown to get to the hockey games this weekend?.....powdork?
    Sounds like it’s wrapped up tight with security but .....I’ll ask anyway

i quit just before thanksgiving
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Local Olympian’s will be dropping pucks symbolically, that’s kinda cool

Ahhhhh.......so that’s the hookup angle then.......hah! I’m guessing mb is one of em? Hook it up buddy

The positive AO Index (mentioned above by NS), in combination with the negative PNA index is usually a sign of good things to come.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PNA.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	363647
    Fuck those fucking motherfuckers!

http://www.unofficialalpine.com

Quote Originally Posted by gimpy View Post
    Ahhhhh.......so that’s the hookup angle then.......hah! I’m guessing mb is one of em? Hook it up buddy
    i know the kids hockey team was trying to get some involvement (like a pre-skate) or publicity out of it but I'm not sure if they had any luck, but if you know anyone there.

Man, I'd love to see that hockey game. Maybe they'll do it again next year. Meanwhile I have family in Detroit and a kid in Boston but that's a long way to go to see a hockey game. my other kid just moved to LV so I can catch the Golden Knights next year. Tough ticket I'm sure but we've managed Bruins tickets
    so . . .

I grew up in vt as a bruins fan........my years in Colorado made me an avs fan.....and they are both playing here This weekend.....but no fans......doh! If they were to meet in the Stanley cup finals......bruins all day

Actually found decent pow in ne aspects upper elevation Carson range....... I think the cold temps sucked the moisture of the crust where it didn’t get thick. Anything with westerly wind exposure windfukd

The mom that was pushing for the hockey team just messaged me (her kids are going to a tournament in Idaho now) that she got selected as a volunteer for all three days. Not sure if it's still an option but you could look into that. I asked her if she has a contact.
    Nvmnd the NHL is who emailed her because of her earlier requests but she said she'll ask in the morning if they need more.

Heavenly has been fantastic this week. Must have avoided the rain. Back chutes are loaded with good snow.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobby View Post
    Not sure yet, but I don't think so -based on some scattered reports. Will report back after this weekend!

I should state though, that there is a mean basal facet layer across much of the GB right now. Like a whole foot of collapsable facets, mostly on the ground surface, but on some snow depending on location. Luckily though, the persistent sage layer (PSL) can be enough in most spots to anchor and mitigate that problem. But if the sage is small, or its snow/dirt/tallus below -you might get pretty messed up.

Be careful if going out there, its quite gnar right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldotcom View Post
    Heavenly has been fantastic this week. Must have avoided the rain. Back chutes are loaded with good snow.
    Spot on, last 3 days at the Heav were awesome with cold winter snow surface that was riding great pretty much everywhere except lower gunbarrel which was absolutely heinous (they closed it today). Ran into Turx & Cinders for Comet bumps this afternoon and made change. I got to lead four 12 year olds through their first tour of Killebrew, they were so stoked. Really great ski week, so much better than last year.

What were the lines/crowds like at Heave?

Nice taking the kids out there.

I didn't think it was **that** crowded but I don't have a ton of experience there to compare it to. Basically 12-15 min lines at Dipper and Sky after 9:30am. Go to Stage Coach or Olympic and there isn't much of a line really.

Pretty funky that Heave rode great and Kwood was f'd this week. Glad to have the option for either/or.
    Last edited by MashedPotatoes; 02-19-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Zero lines in the canyon. Unfortunately, looks like the good stuff is gone today. Most of Heavenly closed because of wind.

Cool thanx pdork! I know it’s a long shot at best but.......I love watching hockey.....by far the most exciting pro sport to watch live
    It’s quite easy to avoid lines at heave if you avoid the people traps .......it’s obvious what those are so ill not speak of it on the interwebz ..... That said......reservations there are booked up today and tomorrow so word of better conditions there then kwood must have made the rounds

The NHL Outdoors at Lake Tahoe games will take place on Feb. 20 and Feb. 21, both at 3 p.m. ET on NBC.

https://www.tvtechnology.com/news/nb...-games-weekend

Fun skiing in the Rose area today. Ran a car shuttle and linked four peaks from north to south. Nice windblown on E and SE aspects

Name:	IMG_20210219_100845969_HDR.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	951.6 KB 
ID:	363832

Name:	IMG_20210219_111708424.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	760.7 KB 
ID:	363833

Name:	IMG_20210219_123258856 (1).jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	851.4 KB 
ID:	363834

Name:	IMG_20210219_132447608_HDR.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	363835

Name:	IMG_20210219_133139043_HDR.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	363836

nice
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

I’m planning to ski Homewood on Sunday. Backcountry somewhere Monday.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.