Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I have something similar to these and have been really happy with them: https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/cold-...gtx-anthracite

The zipper makes them super quick to get on and off, they look nice enough to wear around town, and they're warm down to single digits.

Oboz livingston low slip ons for most days
    Sorel duck boots for around town, driving when there's fresh snow. More insulation than I need. I'd get a lighter version of the same style. (Cheyanne Metro Lace)
    Sorel Caribous for shoveling and other outdoor work in soft snow. Mine are 30 years old. I've had to sew some of the lacing rings back on.

Winter boot recommendations?

My caribou’s are also that old, obtained when I was a young teen and they were a few sizes too big. I very loosely tie them without lacing the top islets and use them like a slip on. I lace them properly If I’ll be in deep snow.

How about a cheapish wet, mud, and snow boot? My 15 yo needs winter boots. He likes slip on.

Another option that hasn't been mentioned, Blundstone Thermal: https://www.blundstone.com/rustic-br...mens-style-584

I got them two years ago when I knew I needed a less bulky winter boot for a planned trip to Japan. The fit is good enough that I never really have issues with snow entering, as long as I'm not too brazen. Fluffy Japow never entered, though if you step in a New England slush puddle that's a different story.

Just another option to consider. I've got Xtratufs and Bean Crestas as well, but the Blundstones are my general go to boot.

Full Tilt Apres 1.0 ftw...
    No versatility, but they really cause the WAP; what's warm feet you're at home jerking off.
    https://fulltiltboots.com/en-us/p/ap...otie-1-0-claim
    Seriously though, soooo comfy and shoveling worthy <4 inches (that's what she said).

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

wtf does winter boot mean anyway ?

the overwhelming choice I see is the blundstone or some king of blundstone wana-be either way it seems to work
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Winter boot recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    wtf does winter boot mean anyway ?

the overwhelming choice I see is the blundstone or some king of blundstone wana-be either way it seems to work
    Well, it sure as fuck doesn’t mean blundstone

Insulation + water resistance & some sort of grippy sole

Blundstones have none of those, despite the link a few posts back

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Well, it sure as fuck doesn’t mean blundstone

Insulation + water resistance & some sort of grippy sole

Blundstones have none of those, despite the link a few posts back
    Blundstones are not for riding the sled, but the Thermal version is pretty great. Thinsulate insulation, fleece insole, some grip with lugs, and I can drive a stick-shift without dying. I was skeptical as well, but wear them everyday in the winter.

IME people wana look cool so I don't see them wearing felt-packs to look cool but old/ young/ male/ female/ other around town I see everybody in town wearing blundstones, most of them are walking a few blocks or to/ from the car or the bar

The uppers are molded to the sole with one seam at the back so it keeps out the rain or snow pretty good, all kinds of finishes/ colors, at least one style with a block tread for snow, you can even get em safetey rated, I am always amazed at how many blundstones I see all year round, i ended up with 3 different style s including the block tread which are pretty good in the snow

i was recently told they call them Blundsens in auz
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I have the Merrell Moab, which kinda looks like a Blundstone (which is normally my everyday shoe).

These have Thinsulate (not a ton, but enough for a walk around town), and what I like the best is the Vibram Arctic Grip sole, it really makes a huge difference in how solid these feel walking on icy sidewalks.